• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
well, this is interesting. about a day and a half after finding the shiny Budew, this little guy appears:

Spoiler:

one more party member to go, then i can enjoy the rest of the game

Years
I tried to chain for a shiny horsea last night with no success after a chain of 70+, trying again right now.

did manage to catch this in the friend safari though:
Spoiler:

too busy trying to get stuff ready for trades/other non pokemon stuff to do that much hunting though, only going up to 30 with this chain and if I don't find a shiny I'm going back to breeding for trades.

Years
Might've been already asked but there's a rumour going around that tipping people in X and Y increases the chance of encountering shinies. Can anyone confirm or deny this? :P

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Just a rumor, no way to confirm without an official response from GF because we can't look at the code for the game.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Might've been already asked but there's a rumour going around that tipping people in X and Y increases the chance of encountering shinies. Can anyone confirm or deny this? :P

There has been no official confirmation and no one has managed to hack it open yet to confirm so as far as I am aware there is NO proof either way. There are a lot of people that have found some, but equally people hitting 100 hours not having seen any. So is basically people's gutt feeling that the odds are better.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I come bearing News! Part 3...

SHINY CLAMPERL fishing Route 12.

Female (level 25)

Nature - Careful
Ability - Shell Armor
Characteristic - Likes to thrash about

HP 54
ATK 43
DEF 50
SpATK 38
SpDEF 37
Speed 16

I come bearing News! Part 3.5 ...

SHINY CLAMPERL fishing Route 12.

Male (level 25)

Nature - Lonely
Ability - Shell Armor
Characteristic - Somewhat stubbron

HP 55
ATK 41
DEF 44
SpATK 44
SpDEF 37
Speed 21

So, it's easy to tell, I have been CHAIN_FISHING tonight, I actually caught this pair in the same 30 minutes.

I was trying for a purple Remoraid...

So... Shiny Hunters Club... thoughts? Is chain fishing a great thing OR is it too easy?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
At the moment I am trying to MM a Shiny Tyrunt. Don't know why, because I don't really like the color, but I haven't seen a Shiny Tyrantrum yet. I haven't tried much, but think I am on egg 2. I finally got a Jap. Ditto.

Years
Hey everyone! I know I haven't posted here in a while but I found a shiny clauncher! It's modest and I'll probably super train it! I'd show a picture but I have no idea how to do that with the 3DS!

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Hey there all! Its been a while, i know. ive been very busy since early June, so not had much time to do... much

but yeah, i got pokemon X on release day, and am slowly playing through it (only at 5th gym though, due to lack of time). Ive been keeping my eyes open for shinies all the way, but have so far not found any normally.

but then i read about this fish chaining thing, and thought id see what all the fuss was about. I started fishing in one spot, and on my 20th pull, i got this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0153362142065346_1021474283_n_zpsfcf583e0.jpg

I must admit, im quite disappointed. It was too easy.... it took the shine off it for me. There was no hunt! I know a lot of people are getting water shinies now, and just shinies in general. I think they may have royally screwed up the shiny rates this generation, and it worrying me :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Got a few new shinies. Yesterday I got a shiny Rhydon in the friend safari on X, it's cool but not as exciting as getting a normal odds shiny as I believe the friend safari has better odds. I started hunting for shiny Eevee tonight on X and I had a shiny Nosepass show up in a horde encounter. Then shortly after on Black I got a shiny Boldore after 9686 REs. I switched from going for Riolu to going for Axew. Hopefully my next shiny is what I'm hunting for.

EDIT: Well this was unexpected. While hunting for Eevee on X I got a shiny Houndour.

Aaaand the picture is upside down lol, don't know how that happened.

The only thing that sucks is that I can't use Mega Houndoom since Houndoomite is a Y exclusive. Well the hunt continues for Eevee.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Congrats on the Houndour!

I got bored and wanted a quickie so I chained up on Route 13. Wanted a Gorebyss but I found this:

Spoiler:

Ain't nothin wrong with that.

Tried to trade my shiny Luvdisc to my X but was too lazy to get my second DS so I put it up on the GTS and someone got it. Oh well, hope they enjoy! I'll catch another.

Here is a guide on consecutive fishing to get shinies!

1. Get a Pokemon with Suction Cups or Sticky Hold at the front of your party to increase odds of landing a fish.
2. Pick a spot in a corner. 3 walls (stones/beach/anything not water) around the patch increases odds of landing a fish.
3. Fish! Don't stop! You can run/kill/catch to continue a chain.
4. Moving, failing to reel in, not finding a Pokemon, saving, and finding a shiny end a chain.
5. It can be quick or long. My shortest was 25 and my longest successful was 61. Longest overall was 140 and I never found one. Use your PP as a counter.

Last edited:
Years
Fishing chaining annoys me as much as the pokeradar and shiny charm do. It means I have to repeatedly explain that just because you got a shiny from this ingame help, doesn't mean that you worked as hard as all the shiny hunters out there that are dedicated!
Sigh.
Plus all of the shiny hunter's shinies are dumbed down some more and are even less special...

That's just my opinion though. I'll be avoiding the fishing chaining thing like the plague!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Are. You. Kidding. Me!?! I just got a Fishing Chain of 73 (I went to the shack to find this total) and have found no shinies.
It's not a guarantee.
Fishing chaining annoys me as much as the pokeradar and shiny charm do. It means I have to repeatedly explain that just because you got a shiny from this ingame help, doesn't mean that you worked as hard as all the shiny hunters out there that are dedicated!
Sigh.
Plus all of the shiny hunter's shinies are dumbed down some more and are even less special...

That's just my opinion though. I'll be avoiding the fishing chaining thing like the plague!

Eh. Chained shinies and things like that are less special but I don't trade or anything so I don't mind if they're less special in entirety if that makes sense.

Currently hatching Inkay eggs. At 10...why no shiny yet?!?!

Years
It's not a guarantee.

Eh. Chained shinies and things like that are less special but I don't trade or anything so I don't mind if they're less special in entirety if that makes sense.

Currently hatching Inkay eggs. At 10...why no shiny yet?!?!

I know what you mean actually xD I guess it really only affects the social aspect of pokemon. Maybe I should start thinking about it like that.

I'm at 200 Eevee MM eggs and 475 Fennekin SRs!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Shiny Tyrantrum I believe is the same color blue.

I still haven't seen one, but read something where one of the people who is a fan of Mega Man or something created Tyrantrum and Aegislash. So yeah I think you are right, because both shinies match the color of I think Rogue and Megaman. I now call them Megaman Shinies. I plan to get both now since I use to be a fan of Mega Man. Not to mention both Aegislash and Tyrantrum are two of my favorite new pokemon from the new Gen. Hitoshi Ariga is his name.

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Fished again today, I just want a Remoraid and it's funny looking at the 20 of them up in trade wanting the Legendaries. Got my highest fishing chain record at 120 in a row, but saw nothing, not even any of the Clamperls that were hounding me the other night. I only spend about 30 minutes a day fishing, just for the fun of it.

I have over 1,000,000 in Pokae-cash... it's so nice seeing the cap being raised by a digit, no more 999,999 and it will at least take me slightly longer to build up 9,999,999... slightly. LOL

On top of that, I'm trying to get my berrys to mutate, have a list of what to plant next to each other, uesing the right multch, crossing fingers. Sweaping the battle chatou (I know I can't spell) and sitting in poke-mon-amie, letting gifts roll in as I wonder around. Got an Eevee off Wonder Trade, evolved it into a Sylveon, traded it for a Liepard, bred myself a Perrloin I plan to start back out at the first town with as my only Pokemon, and see how far I get.

Started up Y (all the other stuff is on X) and sent over 5 eggs (Klefki, Pumpkaboo, Phantump, Amaura, and Noibat) traded for something I can't remember now. Boxed all the starters. I'm going through the plot with the team you see, will not be evolving the trade-evolution pokes.... just to be random. Also, only playing Y when I get tired of hunting in X.

This is what I do when not shiny hunting. That and writing fanfiction, but I haven't put words down in over two weeks now. *le sigh*

Any one else suffering for short attention span today?

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hello, again! I didn't expect to be back so early, but I have a Gen III story to share with you:

Short version:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (that nature is meh, but those IVs are insane!)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Long version:
After having my Gen I-III games stolen from my bedroom many years ago, I've had to resort to emulation to play those games. Yesterday, finally having figured out how to Pal Park from VisualBoyAdvance to DeSmuME, I was giddy to the bone! Articuno is pretty much my favourite Pokémon and was one of my main Pokémon in Gen II, so I quickly decided to mass capture and reset for an awesome IV'd Calm Articuno, for old times' sake.

Yadda yadda, full throttle emulation reset speed - I'd estimate around 300-400 captures while holding the speed up button -, the unexpected glittery beast shone in my face! Dumbfounded, I made sure to carefully journey towards the Master Ball in my bags.

I initially tried Pal Parking from Fire Red to Platinum. No dice, so I decided to trade Sahria to Sapphire to do it from that game.

Argh! Since I had started a file just for this (walk through "walls" to Seafoam Islands and one Master Ball "borrowed" from Silph Co.), I didn't have the ability to trade to Hoenn! After a glorious sprint through the game with Drenek, my Venusaur, I managed to trade between the two games (picture 1), which allowed me to Pal Park to Platinum (picture 2).

It was a crazy trek, blasting through all the Gyms and the Sevii Islands at top speed, but very much worth it!

I'm very happy with the unexpected appearance and can't wait to see Sahria in 3D!

Shine on, everyone!

P.S.: I know the club isn't counting emulated captures because of potential cheating and speed-ups (even though I'm sure RNG abuse has clouded the border between ROM and cartridge), but I felt I still had to report it. The Shiny Articuno showed up under proper conditions, even if I was resetting much faster.

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
@Landorus Thanks for the congrats.

@Runasutaru Congrats on the Articuno! It's a very cool shiny, something I've hunted before but never had any luck. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

Well I'm still hunting Eevee on X, still no luck with that but I did get a Snubbull. So that's 3 shinies I've gotten now while searching for Eevee. C'mon Eevee shine already!

Good luck on all your hunts everyone!

EDIT: Well I finally got what I was hunting. After I got Snubbull I kept track of the REs this time. 699 REs later this beauty shows up.

I'm starting to get skeptical about the odds now though. I've gotten 7 shinies in less than 100 hours. 3 via hordes, 3 via single encounters and 1 friend safari shiny. I just wish we could get confirmation so I can stop worrying. I suppose I could just be having REALLY good luck but IDK. Still very happy about Eevee though. My next hunt on X is Riolu and maybe Noibat.

Last edited:
Back