• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advance Map Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Thanks much. You answered questoin 1 perfectly, though you told me in #2 that which I already knew. It's just not working for maps I made myself. For now, I've tied my warps to the different Chambers of the Tanoby ruins to act as rooms for me, and edited those, but there are a limited number of those before I run out and HAVE to make new rooms. Knowing how to get new rooms recognized as part of the game is what is messing me up, I think.

Anyways, Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I shall await the answer to the third, though I am currently still hammering away at the problem myself.

Okay, you're going to need a few things. First of all, if you don't have it already, get eXtreme Script Editor.
Next, you'll need to download and install Pokescript.

I use PKSVUI... It's the only one I've tried that doesn't fry my brain when I look at it. Do you know how to do it with this?

Last edited:

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
Years
Thanks much. You answered questoin 1 perfectly, though you told me in #2 that which I already knew. It's just not working for maps I made myself. For now, I've tied my warps to the different Chambers of the Tanoby ruins to act as rooms for me, and edited those, but there are a limited number of those before I run out and HAVE to make new rooms. Knowing how to get new rooms recognized as part of the game is what is messing me up, I think.

Anyways, Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I shall await the answer to the third, though I am currently still hammering away at the problem myself.

I use PKSVUI... It's the only one I've tried that doesn't fry my brain when I look at it. Do you know how to do it with this?

No I don't but Pokéscript is actually really good to use so I recommend using it. Plenty of tutorials on it. I have to say though, #2, I explained everything. It works for me. It could be the fact that you're not using door sprites/tiles but I could be wrong.

I don't know if you've got #1 nailed because I'm still having trouble making new maps that aren't linked to previous maps because I can only select one of the pre-made maps in the left drop-down box and changing the name changes the name of that map name. I'm going crazy just trying to make brand new, completely blank and unlinked maps and I don't know how to delete maps or import them either. Wow. Maybe you could help me with that? Hahaha, it's crazy. I can't find any straight-up tutorials on it though...

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
im pretty good at mapping but when i make connections and change tilesets then actually test the game and test the connection, i get weird bars when i go to the different map and when i go back, the original events from fr apear and im like wtf. also when i make a new cave i can warp in, but when i try to go out i can't . could ya help?

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
Years
im pretty good at mapping but when i make connections and change tilesets then actually test the game and test the connection, i get weird bars when i go to the different map and when i go back, the original events from fr apear and im like wtf. also when i make a new cave i can warp in, but when i try to go out i can't . could ya help?

The first thing... Yea, it's confusing. You should be able to just delete events though. Perhaps uncompiling the event's scripts in a script editor first such as XSE would help.

So far, with connections, only one of my maps has had a funny-looking tile when I move between two but when I come to the map with the funny tile from the other side that is connected, it is normal. Oh and I figured out creating maps. As far as I know, there is no way to make new map slots - you have to make a new map over top of an old one. I found that there are also lots of maps in there that aren't used. There's SEVII ISLAND maps #6-9 in Fire Red that aren't those actual maps - just tests or something that seem to have been left in. Also, when you create a new map and rename it, you need to select the drop-down box next to the name, choose the name of the map you're overwriting and then change the name. Else connections won't work properly. You have to save the map and then change the name though or you'll try changing the map and it'll ask you to save, then you go back in, change the name again and it works.

Confusing stuff.

The cave thing... Man, I have the same problem. I've even looked at other caves and copied how they work and my warp will not tale me back outside! I'm gonna try something else again later but... What a pain.

HackingSkillz101

Basic Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2008
I have made new maps and i have seen no tutorials over my problem,
and the only place that mentioned it. The part where the maps names link together
and if you change the name, another maps name is also changed!
I would highly appriciate it if someone found the solution to this
annoying problem. Also, does any1 know how to delete new custom maps?

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2009
Problem with Changing player sprite

i wnt 2 change the player sprite for in the Truck and litleroot but it just comes up with a new sprite and when u try 2 talk to it the game freezes plz help

can some one tell me if there is a DS version of Advance Map out that i can download

Last edited:

LightBender

Trainer of the PokerMans
Years
help!

I need help creating a new map from scratch as a new dungeon add-on for navel rock...but every time i insert the map, it goes to the Pallet Town folder in the header!
I want to change the name without changing Pallet Town's name...how do i do that?!?

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2009
Hello, I would like to know if it was possible to add palettes to the tileset (to have more than 12 of it)?
I speak frensh ^^ and my english is bad... ;)
Thanks!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hello, I would like to know if it was possible to add palettes to the tileset (to have more than 12 of it)?
I speak frensh ^^ and my english is bad... ;)
Thanks!
Nope, but if you canculate, 12x12 is A LOT (144, if I can still calculate) so... It's hard to fill all those colors, why inserting more?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I need help creating a new map from scratch as a new dungeon add-on for navel rock...but every time i insert the map, it goes to the Pallet Town folder in the header!
I want to change the name without changing Pallet Town's name...how do i do that?!?
In the header view, select a new name from the drop-down box. Then save and reload the ROM. Go to the name you saved it under and change the name from there.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
For some reason, whenever I do somethings, a random I/O Error 32 pops up. When I try to exit out after getting that error, I get an I/O Error 103. I have to go into Task Manager, find the AdvanceMap.exe program in the processes, and close the program from there. Any help would be appreciated.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
Here's what i need help with,
I want to know how to add new tilesets into my Pokemon ruby Rom.
I go to block editor then i get lost,
And when someone sends me some tiles, I dont know what to do, can anyone help? D:

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2009
if somone can help

i dont kno if this was answerd already, but i am trying to install legendary events into a map i made (I.E. deoxys) in my fire red game. how do i do this and if i need certian numbers what are they. i need them for all legendarys including events from ruby and sapphire if possible (i want to be able to have the event battle with groudon and kyoger if possible)

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2012
can someone please answer this

say if someone posted a cool looking tile and it was in a attactchment and i downloaded it
how do i put it in advance map

kaspey

A beginner that needs help!!!!
Years
Help does anyone know how to make a script event
please I dont get the var number and the var value :((

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
Years
What do I do if there is no big "create Pokemon" button? I haven't inserted the maps yet (maybe it helps)

At the wild pokemon's there is grass fishing water and tree,what tree means?

It's a headbutt tree, but it's only in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back