• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
People are still talking about remakes?

I don't think there'll be any remakes whatsoever unless something happens like 6th gen completely blocking compatibility with the older games, or there's a huge change in individual Pokémon code.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
X and Y new form, not B2W2 new form. Cross gen transferring exists.

No legend has gotten a new form outside of its introducing generation. Mewtwo still isn't related to X and Y either so there isn't much support for it to get a new form.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really hope we aren't given new forms of legendaries in new generations. They had their time in their own generation, there's no need to rehash them and give them a new form for the sake of doing it. I'd rather have more new legendaries instead of bringing back old favorites.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Except for the fact that movie is subtitled Mewtwo's Awakening, and the trailer finished with we haven't seen the real Mewtwo. Mew didn't have that stuff now did it? Not to mention that would make Mewtwo the most short lived event Pokemon, if it didn't get anything in XY, be it new form or in-game event.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Mew also didn't get anything after starring in the movie either, so it wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo to get anything in that sense either. I really hope we don't get another form of it, it's just silly. It's had it's time in the spot light, just let it have the movie and be done.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Mew was not distributed on FRLG/E's final legs, it still got usage for a year. Anyone who would bother to get a Pre-Order Mewtwo would more then willingly transfer it immediately to XY after BW/B2W2, and it would be expected to unlock something. It happened with gen 4 to gen 5, and its gonna happen again with gen 5 to gen 6.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
But once isn't a pattern: It's just one occurrence. Hell I could be very wrong and it COULD unlock something, but I personally don't see it happening. I mean I guess with the whole DNA theme possibility it does relate to Mewtwo's creation in a sense, but who knows.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Does Mewtwo even have a chance on making an appearance, or having a reference on X&Y? I've made a thread about Mewtwo here, where people have said that there's a slim chance. Or next to none. So, it'd probably wouldn't get a form either, unless GF made it an event of some kind. But, that's kind of unlikely as well. Maybe it can unlock something if you transfer it to the games, but, right now, the relation between Mewtwo and X&Y seems to be very small.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's really not. Someone pointed out in the Corocoro thread or the Mewtwo thread that the movie is set in Unova, not any new region. It's pretty much the final chapter in the Unova saga.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Yes Mewtwo has nothing to do with XY as of right now. Mewtwo is facing off against Genesect. So basically we are getting Rocket vs. Plasma (as both are manipulated by the said teams) like we were prior to the tsunami and the canceled episodes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's really not. Someone pointed out in the Corocoro thread or the Mewtwo thread that the movie is set in Unova, not any new region. It's pretty much the final chapter in the Unova saga.

If not in the Unova region in the small island set that they just released.
Spoiler:

Strong support its in Unova as in one of the episodes to come:
Spoiler:

Yes spoilers cause they are spoilers. Click at own risk.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Pokémon ‏@Pokemon
Pika pika! We've got some exciting news for Pikachu fans coming up tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/fXEOuaUiK2

Interestingly, tomorrow is the 15th, the usual day of CoroCoro (and given we haven't seen everything). Could this possibly be related to X/Y? The Eevee thing that Pokemon's Twitter said related to X/Y soooo!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Interestingly, tomorrow is the 15th, the usual day of CoroCoro (and given we haven't seen everything). Could this possibly be related to X/Y? The Eevee thing that Pokemon's Twitter said related to X/Y soooo!

So.. it's something about X&Y, that Pikachu related? Does Pikachu have a role to play in X/Y, or is that too much of a stretch?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Or maybe they're just using the Mascot as a method to promote the games. I doubt Pikachu would have that much involvement in the games, if at all.

Well, it's something for "Pikachu fans". Hence why I was thinking it might be something Pikachu-based.

Its the Pikachu 3DSXL you guys, you can see the corner of it in the pic. >_>

Well, that makes sense! It was sort of weird, thinking how it was related to X&Y, but yeah.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yup, I don't think we're getting any news for the next month or so, unless Nintendo feels like being nice and giving us something instead of going through Corocoro.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If Pikachu is given another evolution, I will question their sanity. You cannot mess with Pikachu. Not when he's the primary mascot of the series.

And if Ash's Pikachu one day evolves into this new evo, I daresay it might kill the anime.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah Pikachu getting some sort of another evolution isn't going to happen. It already is a three-staged evolution, it's just not happening. It's just (as Elendil said) the Pikachu 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back