• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2012
How much is my Charmeleon 28/108 error card worth?
229993_305745832846145_100002321929024_690726_2131912802_n.jpg

Years
How much is my Charmeleon 28/108 error card worth?
229993_305745832846145_100002321929024_690726_2131912802_n.jpg

I'm sorry, but based on the details I can make out of that card, it looks like a fake to me. The Water-type symbol used for the Weakness looks like it's missing the shadow that all type/energy symbols are supposed to have. And Scary Face looks like it is spelled as "Scary face" instead of what it should be spelled as, "Scary Face". If you can get a higher quality picture, I can confirm whether it's a fake or not.

As for prices, I don't do pricing on uncommons like that Charmeleon. They're not worth enough to even inquire the value of.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
1.Charizard
2.Stormfront
3.103/100 (its the base set reprint Charizard)
4.I don't see a dot but I see a lightning bolt in the corner, unless thats the set symbol.
5.No

Years
1.Charizard
2.Stormfront
3.103/100 (its the base set reprint Charizard)
4.I don't see a dot but I see a lightning bolt in the corner, unless thats the set symbol.
5.No

That lightning bolt would indeed be the set symbol. The rarity, in the case of this Charizard, is indicated by the white star right next to it, meaning it's a rare.

$10 is what that fetches at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Japanese Ponyta Pocket Monster

I know its hard to see because of how shiny it is, but it is a Ponyta pocket monster card. Most of it is in Japanese, it's card number is 077, and in the bottom left it says Illus. Ken Sugimori. Do you think it is worth anything at all?

Years
I know its hard to see because of how shiny it is, but it is a Ponyta pocket monster card. Most of it is in Japanese, it's card number is 077, and in the bottom left it says Illus. Ken Sugimori. Do you think it is worth anything at all?

That looks like a fake. I recognize that full card foil pattern (which never happened on those earliest sets) from a fake Fossil Grimer sticker I have. Another giveaway is that everything on the card is on the opposite side of the card it should be for Japanese cards.

If you compare it to a legitimate Pokemon card, it should be slightly smaller than the legitimate card. And it'll peel off like it's a sticker.

So, it's not worth anything at all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2015
valuation

hi to the owner of this thread who replied to my first ever post.

i have followed your instructions, so please hopefully find my pictures attached to my post.

as i said before, i haven't got a clue really what they are, so i will leave everything to you. all i can say is, they are two folders and a booklet on pocket monsters. these two folders are seperate to my big folder of cards which need to be uploaded. im sure i obtained them from being in the pokemon fan club as a child or something similar.

cheers anyway,
tarantula_123

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2015
valuation 2

.... here are the other photos in my attachments, as i couldn't upload them all at once.

tarantula_123

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
Ok so I'm new here. And I haven't messed with cards since I was younger, although I do still play the video game.
Now, I have this Japanese Raichu, holo, with a black star (for rare?) and it also says Pocket Monsters on the back, instead of Pokemon. AND it says "copyright 1996" for Nintendo, GameFreak, and Creatures Inc.
It won't let me post links to pictures, but I can email them to you if needed.
Please help me figure out how much this is worth.

Oh and it also says "No.026" in the bottom right, next to the black star.

Last edited:

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
Hi i got this picture off google images, its not a picture of my exact card but the same kind. Anyways my card like this one has a little tear in the corner but otherwise nothing else bad, and the thing that interests me is that on mine the words pokemon and the pokeball on the back are upside down from the right side. How much would that be worth?
images

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
here's the pics, sorry they're sideways.
i also noticed a few people claimed to have these in the old thread.

Years
here's the pics, sorry they're sideways.
i also noticed a few people claimed to have these in the old thread.

Hi i got this picture off google images, its not a picture of my exact card but the same kind. Anyways my card like this one has a little tear in the corner but otherwise nothing else bad, and the thing that interests me is that on mine the words pokemon and the pokeball on the back are upside down from the right side. How much would that be worth?
images

hi to the owner of this thread who replied to my first ever post.

i have followed your instructions, so please hopefully find my pictures attached to my post.

as i said before, i haven't got a clue really what they are, so i will leave everything to you. all i can say is, they are two folders and a booklet on pocket monsters. these two folders are seperate to my big folder of cards which need to be uploaded. im sure i obtained them from being in the pokemon fan club as a child or something similar.

cheers anyway,
tarantula_123

.... here are the other photos in my attachments, as i couldn't upload them all at once.

tarantula_123

I'll get to pricing all of these later. I've not got the time for it tonight, as I just got off work and need to crash ASAP.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Hi. I'm new here. I really only joined because I have some cards that I can't find prices for. I don't even know what some of these cards are. I collected when I was younger and just had these all in a binder. They are all in MINT condition. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

This is one of a few posts.

Years
Hi. I'm new here. I really only joined because I have some cards that I can't find prices for. I don't even know what some of these cards are. I collected when I was younger and just had these all in a binder. They are all in MINT condition. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

This is one of a few posts.

Second post of a few. .

The only things potentially worth anything are the Black Star Promo Mewtwo and the Ancient Mew, both being worth between $2 and $4.

The rest are all uncommons and commons.

I'll price out the rest within the next couple of days. Finding prices on Japanese cards can be tricky, and POP Series cards (that Pikachu that Pokecole was searching for a price on) aren't put up for sale all that often as there are far fewer of them in circulation (doesn't make them more valuable, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back