• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TIME WARP BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Gen 2 does have a herb shop as well :3. If you go underground the right day or something like that. And yeah I LOVEEE gen 2 the most! I have beaten Winona without too much trouble, using Ninjask and it's swords dance, while Winona sent out her SKarmory as last Pokemon. Skarmory was taken down by Masquarains Bubblebeam. Tate&Lisa were taken down in TWO turns, using Shadow ball with NInjask and Silver wind with Beautifly to take down 1 Pokemon each turn. Wallace was pretty difficult though, but with a bit of parahax Beautifly killed the Milotic.

WHO SAID BEAUTIFLY WAS NOT AWESOME HMM? Nobody? great :3

Now trying to go through the victory road ohgosh.

Years
(Since no one said otherwise, I'm going to use the Masterball, but not now)

Pokemon_Crystal_34.PNG

Thanks Mom. If I'm not using the money, someone is...
Pokemon_Crystal_35.PNG

Sidequest... AWAY!
Pokemon_Crystal_36.PNG

Oh man, I hope it's something awesome like a Magby, or Tyrouge, or...
Pokemon_Crystal_37.PNG

You disappoint me...
Pokemon_Crystal_38.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_39.PNG

Might as well hatch this egg I completely forgot about... At least I know what's in this one...
Pokemon_Crystal_40.PNG

SO MUCH YES
Pokemon_Crystal_41.PNG

Could care less...
Pokemon_Crystal_42.PNG

Sidequest... COMPLETE!
Pokemon_Crystal_43.PNG

Well that never took that lo-
Pokemon_Crystal_44.PNG

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Pokemon_Crystal_45.PNG

OH GOD GUESS HOW LONG THAT TOOK... Let's try with a little more success...
Pokemon_Crystal_46.PNG

There we go...

Let's check this bad boy out...
Pokemon_Crystal_47.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_47.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_47.3_.PNG

Meet Rockington the Shuckle... I'm going to sleep...

11wildy

Me!
Years
I've beaten the challenge!

I barely used beautifly and Masquarain in the Elite four, I beat every member by using Swords Dance with Ninjask, then Baton Passing to Armaldo who sweeps the team with attack AND speed boosts, and it has great coverage :D. For Stevens Skarmory I switched Masquarain in and out until Skarmory had very low atatack because of Intimidate, so I could safely setup with Ninjask :)

Good luck to the other players!!

Years
Good job, that never took long.

Also, is Laure doing a challenge as well? It's odd that we're the guinea pigs here, testing the Jurassic period.

Years
Pokemon_Crystal_48.PNG

Yay...
Pokemon_Crystal_49.PNG

I call every Togepi this.
Pokemon_Crystal_51.PNG

There we go, caught Rockington up with the rest of the team.
Pokemon_Crystal_50.PNG

TIL This was a ledge.
Pokemon_Crystal_52.PNG

BEST. HM. EVER.
Pokemon_Crystal_53.PNG

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Pokemon_Crystal_54.PNG

Rock: Noted
Pokemon_Crystal_55.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_56.PNG

Easy obligatory Ham battle.
Pokemon_Crystal_57.PNG

OH SHI-
Pokemon_Crystal_58.PNG

Uh...
Pokemon_Crystal_59.PNG

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
Pokemon_Crystal_60.PNG

Why?
Pokemon_Crystal_61.PNG

Old man... Why are you green?
Pokemon_Crystal_62.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_63.PNG

Worth going back for. Gave it to Rockington.
Pokemon_Crystal_66.PNG

Let's see, I have two, count'em, TWO pokemon with bite.
Pokemon_Crystal_67.PNG

That's what I thought.

TEH TEAM
Pokemon_Crystal_68.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_68.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_68.3_.PNG

Eli the Bayleef
Pokemon_Crystal_69.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_69.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_69.3_.PNG

Lady the Ledian
Pokemon_Crystal_70.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_70.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_70.3_.PNG

Rough the Growlithe
Pokemon_Crystal_71.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_71.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_71.3_.PNG

Poison the Arbok
Pokemon_Crystal_72.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_72.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_72.3_.PNG

Rockington the Shuckle

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Hey, this seems like a good challenge. I'll probably do this one after I finish my Ultimate Mono-Fire-Type challenge

Years
(I really need to get back to this...)
I'm going to be using a Mantine, and I don't see anyone saying I can't.

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
This sounds interesting, count me in!
Username: Munch
Game: Platinum
Ere: Jurassic Jam
Pokemon: Rampardos, Bastadion, Torterra, Garchomp

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Let's give this a go as a new challenge to work out my Poké-muscles!
Name: Diamondmutt1111 (in-game will be John)
Game: Heart Gold (I will treat this as a Generation 2 game because I don't want to hack in a Rotom. This game will be 100% legit, including trading Pokémon. This is also because it's not a ROM, but a hard copy of HG. I traded the Ponyta from my old Diamond game and at a fair level.)
Time Period: Westward Expansion
Team (Planned): Onix, Tauros, Gengar, Rapidash, Noctowl, and another Pokémon unknown at this time (probably another Rock-type, maybe a Dark-type)

Starting...NOW!

UPDATE 12/22/12:​

Player: John (because it's a name used a lot back in the Wild West)
Rival: Robert (like Robert Ford, the dude who shot the outlaw Jesse James)
Beat Falkner and got up to the Union Cave (skipped some trainers on Route 32) and attempted to catch an Onix, but I rage quit after 2 failed captures (FREAKING ROCK SNAKES!!!). Also nabbed Rock Smash if anyone cares. No? Good.

Since it's not a ROM, it would be quite hard to get screen captures, so just take my word for it. ;)

Team: (in order of capture)

Spr_4h_163.png

Man Dest the Quiet, Male Hoothoot
Level 13, No Item
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Uproar
-Peck
-Hypnosis
Ability: Insomnia (can't fall asleep)
Caught at: Route 29, Level 3
Reason for Name: Like Manifest Destiny, the whole idea that Americans had a God-given right to go as far as the land would go and call it their own. A female Hoothoot probably would have fit Manifest Destiny better, (since the idea in pictures, was female in gender), but at the time I didn't care.
Reason for Choice: It's a Normal-type, which fits the criteria, and it's a bird. I was originally going for a Pidgeot, an owl seemed cooler for a Wild West sort-of challenge. An eagle or hawk-looking Pokémon would have worked too, maybe even a Dodrio or a Fearow, but Noctowl still is the coolest choice.
Thoughts on Pokémon: Works quite well so far, Hypnosis and Peck/Tackle is a dangerous combo. Uproar seems to be counterproductive, as it wakes up Pokémon. Can't wait to slap Fly and Extrasensory onto his moveset. It's ability is also quite amazing. While the nature could be better, I thank God it doesn't cut his Special Attack, though a higher Speed will be missed. I reckon this Hoothoot will be mighty fine.

Spr_4h_092.png

JesseJames the Naive (ROFL), Male Gastly
Level 13, No Item
Moveset:
-Hypnosis
-Curse
-Spite
-Mean Look
Ability: Levitate (Ground-types can't touch him)
Caught at: Sprout Tower, Level 5
Reason for Name: Like Jesse James, the famous (or infamous) outlaw of 1800's America. Not to be confused with the guy that used to be married to Sandra Bullock, though they both probably don't have souls.
Reason for Choice: It's a Ghost-type and the only one available for a LONG time. Plus I have been wanting to use one.
Thoughts on Pokémon: Though this feller has no attacking moves (Curse may technically be one), he still is very cool and levels up fast. It's nature cuts Special Defense but favors Speed, which is win-lose situation. He could attempt to OHKO slower Pokémon, but if battling an Alakazam, he would probably lose. Not only because he has horrible Special Defense (Falkner's Pidgeotto's Gust called my attention to that), but Alakazam could possibly outspeed this dastardly outlaw. JesseJames will hopefully be a wonderful asset, as he is currently.

Spr_4h_077.png

Sunni the Quirky, Female Ponyta
Level 13, No Item
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
Ability: Flash Fire (absorbs Fire-type moves and gets a boost for it's own Fire-type moves)
Caught at: Route 211 (Diamond), Level 13
Reason for Name: Unlike the other names, this one is actually someone very special in my life.
Reason for Choice: It's a horse, perfect for a Western theme! Unfortunately, they weren't catchable until Kanto, so I traded her in from Diamond (for a Bellsprout).
Thoughts on Pokémon: She's only seen 1 battle (Bird Keeper Peter), but she was quite strong and seemed like a boss. Her ability will work wonders in the future. Can't wait to see her grow.

Boxed:
Kindle the Cyndaquil, Level 7 (don't care about nature or anything else, it's an HM slave for Cut...a horrible fate, poor Kindle)

An Egg (guess who's) is also in my party, but I will box it as soon as it hatches, don't care to use Togepi.

Onix Pre-Thoughts: This turd better be worth it...I haven't heard many things good about these rock snakes...

What To Do Next (WTDN):
-Capture that friggin Onix
-Battle all trainers on Route 32 and Union Cave (as well as Route 33)
-Get the Hive Badge (Should be easy with Man Dest and Sunni)
-Get Cut (for Kindle, poor Kindle)
-Possibly even beat Whitney

I might even do bios for each team member, but I gotta get to know them first. ;)

(Yes I refer to the Pokémon as hers, hims, and its)

FUN FACT: Sunni was captured on January 19, 2009.

UPDATE 12/28/12:

Last thing I did was beat Chuck, taught Man Dest Fly, and then saved in Cianwood City. Did a lot of training for Morty at Mt. Mortar and the area around the Lake of Rage. Thank God for Sentret, or else Surfing would be impossible (since I can't use Water-types). Catching Onix wasn't super hard, was easier than expected. Tauros was kind of easy too, though I ran into many Miltanks before him (I decided not to use Miltank since they are pink, and that ain't allowed).

I also decided 2 things on this Pokémon quest:

1. 5 is enough for now. If I need a Rock-type after I get to Kanto and evolve Frontier (my Onix), then I might trade over a Pupitar from my old Diamond game, like Sunni (my Ponyta).

2. I added an additional rule to my challenge, I CANNOT USE Bicycles or any kind of electronics.

Since it's not a ROM, it would be quite hard to get screen captures, so just take my word for it. ;)

Anywho...now for the team :)

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Reasons For:
Spoiler:

Current Thoughts on Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Biographies:
Spoiler:

What To Do Next (WTDN):
-Beat Pryce and Jasmine
-Catch and release the Red Gyarados, get Red Scale, and trade Mr. Pokémon it for a Exp. Share
-Get a Metal Coat
-Dark Cave for training

Last edited:
Years
I'M A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FORUM OWNER

I STARTED THIS CHALLENGE AND DIDN'T GET PAST CERULEAN OMG

But it was X-mas and I was busy and I'm always really busy working at the first of the year, but I'm actually thinking about doing this challenge in Pokemon XD

you might be saying 'Laure you said nothing about Pokemon XD before'
and I say quiet u
I'm God of this challenge I make it up as I go

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Beat the Elite and Lance about a day ago, and evolved Onix into Steelix after I got into Vermillion City, rounding out the team (unless I feel like adding T-tar). A REAL progess update will come once all the Kanto side quest stuff is done and I beat Janine, the weakest Kanto Gym Leader of ALL TIME. (At least in Heart Gold)

Mindless Interest

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Ok, so I'm combining this challenge with Nuzlocke rules. I will update on the Nuzlocke Forums, but if you want me to update here as well, I can post short updates. Since I am not at 15 posts yet, I can't post the url, but I will as soon as possible.
Planned Team: Can not be determined since this a random nuzlocke challenge as well.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Well...swept Janine (and her stupid Venomoth) and then went around most of Kanto and wrecked it. Then I beat each gym in order, save Blue. Blue is up next and he just might be very hard. Anyways, as mentioned previously I evolved Onix finally. Oh, and remember when I said I probably wasn't going to add a 6th member. I lied. Hoss the Snorlax stole my heart and the 6th slot (and Master Ball...what? It's hard to catch and I didn't want to use it on anything else). He's a great addition too. :)

Team Wild West:

Spr_4h_164.png

Man Dest the Quiet, Male Noctowl
Level 54, Amulet Coin
Moveset:
-Roost
-Extrasensory
-Fly
-Air Slash
Ability: Insomnia (can't fall asleep)
Caught at: Route 29, Level 3
Stats: 177/89/86/110/127/98

Spr_4h_094.png

JesseJames the Naive, Male Gengar
Level 54, Choice Specs
Moveset:
-Psychic
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder
Ability: Levitate (Ground-types can't touch him)
Caught at: Sprout Tower, Level 5
Stats: 137/100/97/164/80/151

Spr_4h_078.png

Sunni the Quirky, Female Rapidash
Level 54, Charcoal
Moveset:
-Headbutt
-Bounce
-Megahorn
-Flame Wheel
Ability: Flash Fire (absorbs Fire-type moves and gets a boost for it's own Fire-type moves)
Caught at: Route 211 (Diamond), Level 13
Stats: 146/124/94/102/107/142

Spr_4h_208_f.png

Frontier the Gentle, Female Steelix
Level 54, Muscle Band
Moveset:
-Earthquake
-Double-Edge
-Crunch
-Iron Tail
Ability: Rock Head (Protects it from recoil)
Caught at: Union Cave, Level 29
Stats: 162/124/218/80/86/70

Spr_4h_128.png

Bevo the Adamant, Male Tauros
Level 54, Silk Scarf
Moveset:
-Strength
-Thrash
-Zen Headbutt
-Payback
Ability: Anger Point (Critical hits maximize Attack stat)
Caught at: Route 39, Level 15
Stats: 160/141/117/60/88/152

Spr_4h_143.png

Hoss the Jolly, Male Snorlax
Level 54, Leftovers
Moveset:
-Block
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Giga Impact
Ability: Immunity (Can't get poisoned)
Caught at: Route 11, Level 50
Stats: 253/140/89/75/134/46

Reasons For:
Spoiler:

HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Thoughts on Team Members:
Spoiler:

What To Do Next (WTDN):
-Beat Blue
-Train
-Train
-Train some more
-Beat Red

Updates to biographies will come on the next (and probably last) post!

Years
I feel guilty.
The next update in my run is ready, yet I'm too lazy to post this. I'm currently in Cianwood, grinding for Chuck. I plan on having this update be just stupid (yet progressive) stuff, and the update after that including two gym battles, for there isn't much stuff in between Chuck and Jasmine.

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
Years
Wow it feels good to be back Laure, remember me? Eh, prolly not, anyway super excited for another of your challenges! Sign me up!

Username: MyhtologicalHAX
Game: Crystal
Time Period: Jurrasic Jam
Predicted Team: I'm just gonna go with what feels right lol
Wish me luck!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Hey, I'll sign up for Jurassic Jam.
Username: Elgyem
Game: Ruby
Time: Jurassic
Party: Breloom, Armaldo, Pinsir*, Camerupt, Tropius, Flygon (Hey, it's both a reptile and a bug)

*As for the whole money deal, I am allowed to at least enter the Safari Zone, right? If not, I'll swap out Pinsir for Ninjask.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Questions What are the special rules for Kanto in 2nd Gen (You never addressed them,except for the extra types you get) Why is Rotom (An Electric Ghost Pokemon, Plus One you can't even get till post game unless you play Platinum) A required pokemon for Westward expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back