• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
that title theme song sounds amazing. i hope we have a really good theme song like from the beginning of the series to the first season of the diamond and pearl series. i dont like how its all about friends now i like it when its about becoming a pokemon master and GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well since Pokemon decided to bring the slogan "Gotta catch em all " back we might be getting a song about that in an opening again. And Ash specifically mentioned his goal about becominto a master as well so there are both grounds for making a theme song with the old theme. It would certainly be a fresh start with a bit of nostalgia mixed in for us older fans if the opening does have that theme.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i think it would be cool if they did a remix of the first pokemon theme song. i dont know about you but i think it would be really cool

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
Oshawott is example of a character who sacrifice all its development for Humor but end up becoming an annoyance !!!
Squirtle & Corphese was under-evolve but they didn't sacrifice their development for the sake annoying humor.
If You ask me about what kind of Humor XY series really need then I can't answer that due to my terrible english But I can show you-

Spoiler:

Woah there, Oshuwatt had plenty of Development, He was clearly the love-struck show-off who is always tooting his own horn, always coming out of his pokeball like Psyduck except he was alil more animated. he was also the comedian of the 3 pokemon. he did have battle development too. Now if u ask me, Emolga is the Pokemon who was annoying. EVEN in the tournament in the movie she used Volt switch :(

that being said, I wonder how serene gonna tackle ash. She gotta realize that there are at-least 2 other women (May and Misty) who Want That boy...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey. Hi. Hello. This thread is called "Pokémon X and Y anime speculations" not "There were issues in BW". First, we know that. Second, check the thread "The Series VS Itself" if you want to compare generations. Third, this should suffice as a warning. I had to close the last XY thread because senseless BW hate and I do not want to have to do it again. I will go straight to infracting if this starts up again.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
And Ash has a sudden sister that appeared from nowhere.

Fine, I might watch the X&Y series, despite not watching the B&W and half of the Sinnoh League ones.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Anybody looking forward to Bonnie calling Ash ''Satoshi-ni chang''

Oh , It seem its haven't posted yet -

I wonder what's the trailer saying while showing both Original Ash & XY Ash.
Is kind a give off ''The Boy who started his journey 15 year ago finally going to reach his destination'' Vide !!!
Is there going to be some sort of Marathon of Pokemon Kento series in TV-Tokyo.
And ,
I still believe A female rival like Rika Nonoka (Digimon Tamer) will play a better role then Serena in the main plot !!!Including Her shipping with Ash .
I say ,
Give Ash a tough Female Rival with Delphox and A male rival with Chesnaught ! Then center the whole series on all 3 of them !!!
Just like I said , Focusing on 3 different character traveling together trying to achieve 3 different goal , Thats not how Kids Anime work .
Kids Anime has to be about all character trying to achieve one goal .
Take ''Pokemon Adventure'' for example .
Do you think it focused on everybody's goal , NO !
Pokemon Adventure Focus on only one thing , And thats ''Pokedex-holder saving the world from Bad guy'' !!!
That Why Pokemon Adventure has better plot then the Anime.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Pokemon Adventure Focus on only one thing , And thats ''Pokedex-holder saving the world from Bad guy'' !!!
No? All the dex holders in Pokémon Adventures had different goals, pretty much. That was what made it interesting, imo.

That being said, I would like to see a female rival who focused on battling gyms and really were Ash's worthy rival. Rather than being all girly and go to contests.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
No? All the dex holders in Pokémon Adventures had different goals, pretty much. That was what made it interesting, imo.

That being said, I would like to see a female rival who focused on battling gyms and really were Ash's worthy rival. Rather than being all girly and go to contests.

They have different goal but the story never really focus on that !
Pokespe always focused on ''Pokedex-holder saving the world'' .
Thats why Ruby's final contest & Sapphire final gym-battle wasn't shown . (There are a lot of other proof but I can't post it here).
Have ''One Piece'' for example .
The series has most cast character then Pokemon and they does have different goal & dream .
However , The Series focus on ''Luffy Dealing with Evil pirate & Nevi in order to find One Piece to become a Pirate king''
If You think that the Series develop Zoro because he's goal is to be The Best Swordman in the world then your wrong .
The show developed Zoro as a Swordman because he has to be strong in order to help Luffy to become a Pirate King & find ''One Piece''.
In other word , Zoro got his character development for the sake of Main plot & Luffy .
But Thats Shonene.
So Look at Doraemon .
Doraemon only focus on ''All the mischief & adventure cause by Doreamon gadget''.
So
Pokemon XY Series must set a main Plot and connect all character (Cast , Referring & rival) to it .
The Main Plot that involve both Kalo League & Evil Villain.
Since Pokemon trying to focus on 3 character trying to achieve 3 different goal , The story lacked a main plot .
I say ,
If The Main Plot require Serena & Clemont to have a goal then the Anime should give a goal However If Main plot doesn't need that Then The Anime should SCREW THEIR GOAL .
Same thing goes with Their rival ,
If Serena & Clemont's rival has a important role to play in the main plot then Serena & Clemont should have their own rival However if Their rival doesn't have any significant role then there no point in giving Serena & Clemont their own rival .
There no point bring some role-less gag Rival who remain undeveloped and get written off later in the series like Cabernet & Georgia.
Why does Original Kento series was better despite Misty & Broke being nothing more then cheerleader ???
Because That time , The series focused on Ash's goal while Misty & Brock had their own role in supporting & helping Ash reach his goal.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The main plot is always adventure. Pokémon Special relies on an overarching conflict to tie the adventures together, but ultimately the 'dex holders are each discovering themselves by journeying. Pokémon Origins tells the story of Red's adventure to complete his quest for gym badges and catch all the Pokémon for Oak. DPA focuses on Hareta's growth through adventure, though he is roped up in some crazy ****. The main anime is Ash's adventure. Ash meeting new friends, seeing new places. His adventure is presented with less overarching conflict and more everyday conflict. While it's true that a complete overarching conflict would be interesting, it is not a format that the anime has really taken to. The main anime prefers to showcase the main cast's adventure and immediate goals. And that has worked pretty well for the most part, especially when they have people other than Ash actively working towards something.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The main plot is always adventure. Pokémon Special relies on an overarching conflict to tie the adventures together, but ultimately the 'dex holders are each discovering themselves by journeying. Pokémon Origins tells the story of Red's adventure to complete his quest for gym badges and catch all the Pokémon for Oak. DPA focuses on Hareta's growth through adventure, though he is roped up in some crazy ****. The main anime is Ash's adventure. Ash meeting new friends, seeing new places. His adventure is presented with less overarching conflict and more everyday conflict. While it's true that a complete overarching conflict would be interesting, it is not a format that the anime has really taken to. The main anime prefers to showcase the main cast's adventure and immediate goals. And that has worked pretty well for the most part, especially when they have people other than Ash actively working towards something.

Adventure for What ???
That's the main point , Not Just Adventure !!!
Adventure is a genre but its not the main plot.
Just because Protagonist traveling around the world doesn't mean the show is about ''Exploring new World'' .
It depend on What is The Central Protagonist traveling For !!!
Ash is a Pokemon trainer , Not a explore .
He's traveling to become a Pokemon Master , He's not traveling to explore new World.
Meeting new People and seeing new place , Aren't this are common trait for every Adventure-genre Anime like One Piece , Megi , Guru-guru or Naruto .
But none of those Anime is about exploring .
Pokemon May be a Kids Anime But I don't think Pokemon is those type of children show that focus on A boy explore a magical land with his cute Animal friend like Dragon tales.
Pokemon need more then just Adventure/exploring in order to create a good Story plot.
Thats Why , I want Pokemon XY series to have a Main plot that involve Pokemon League & Evil Villain .

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
A boy explore a magical land with his cute Animal friend like Dragon tales.
Tbh, this is pretty much what this anime is about. At least in my eyes. The pokémon anime is for showing off all the new areas, characters and creatures from the games in order to advertise the games and possibly provide more story and depth to the legendary pokémon (especially in the case of the movies) and the important characters of the games. All while having a basic, simple main character that the viewers can easily know and relate to (Ash).

If the whole point of the anime was to provide a thrilling plot with a clear goal, they would follow the storyline of the games. Because those plots do have a lot of potential for becoming deeper and more intricate - PokéSpe is a good example of that. But in the case of the main pokémon anime, I've given up my hopes a long time ago that they'd try to make more of a focused plot thing out of it. It's there for the sake of exploration and showing off the creatures.

^ of course these are not facts, only speculations from my brain.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Well the anime is nice and I like the teams they give to Ash

I would like to see a skrelp in Ash' team or in one of his buds ones

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
Adventure for What ???
That's the main point , Not Just Adventure !!!
Adventure is a genre but its not the main plot.
Just because Protagonist traveling around the world doesn't mean the show is about ''Exploring new World'' .
It depend on What is The Central Protagonist traveling For !!!
Ash is a Pokemon trainer , Not a explore .
He's traveling to become a Pokemon Master , He's not traveling to explore new World.
Meeting new People and seeing new place , Aren't this are common trait for every Adventure-genre Anime like One Piece , Megi , Guru-guru or Naruto .
But none of those Anime is about exploring .
Pokemon May be a Kids Anime But I don't think Pokemon is those type of children show that focus on A boy explore a magical land with his cute Animal friend like Dragon tales.
Pokemon need more then just Adventure/exploring in order to create a good Story plot.
Thats Why , I want Pokemon XY series to have a Main plot that involve Pokemon League & Evil Villain .

[/SPOILER]

Well, The Adventure is each saga of Pokemon Ash is leading up to the Tournament. u guys were wondering all up until the end of Pikachu vs Latios if pikachu is gonna win and/or pull of a Hail mary trail of victories. Even in BW u were thinking even if ash Doesn't win this league, he isn't gonna lose to a 5 pokemon team. Then Riolu evolved, Healing dramatically and gaining immense strength. Then who knew what was gonna happen?

also, there is the Evil organization Plot he needs to foil (Team rocket using Meloetta to control the 3 beats Pokemon, Plasma trying to control Reshiaram) the reshiam one arguably begun at the beginning of the show (with Zekrom zapping Pikachu of all of it's electricity where all of its power is located, making it losed or tire out in battle with a snivy who was clearly not a beginner because it knew leaf storm)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What Pokemon really lacks is a Common goal share by all character's .
A goal that bring all the character together , A goal that connect all of them.
Example : Pokemon Adventure
In PokeSpe , All Character has different goal & Dream But at the end they share One common goal that bring them together.
And that is ''Defecting the Evil Team'' .
Pokemon XY Anime need something like that.
Pokemon XY Series need a common goal that will be shared by All The Character and bring them together .
I guess that Common goal should be Defect Team Flare !!!

Tbh, this is pretty much what this anime is about.

That's why Pokemon Anime had 10 odd year .
I'm not the One said that .
The Assistance Director of Pokemon admit it during his interview at ''Imagine-Nation''.
They actually thought turning Ash into a rookie will bring back the same joy People felt during original series.
But I guess Pokemon Anime end up having even Odder Year due to their stupidity during BW Series.
Pokemon isn't ''Dragon Tales'' and Pokemon can't never be like ''Dragon Tales'' because people see Pokemon as different Anime .
I mean, think about it !!!
People been making fun of Ash agelessness and there are a lot of stupid theory about it .
But Protagonist of ''Doreamon'' , ''Chidi Makuro-chan'' and ''Sazae-san'' doesn't age ether so Why doesn't anyone make fun of them ???
Because People doesn't see them same way .
''Doreamon'' is First category Kids Anime & ''Chidi Makuro-chan'' and ''Sazae-san'' is Third category Kids Anime .
So They can go endlessly without aging the character and nobody will say a thing like ''The Simpson'' .
But ''Pokemon'' is a Forth category Kids Anime which is near to Shouene .
And Forth category Kids Anime are meant to end . They can't endlessly .
That why People question Ash's agelessness.
Hopefully , Director/Writer learned their mistake after 15 odd year and they will treat Pokemon XY Series like a Forth category Kids Anime !!!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It's kind of funny that you claim the anime team has been making terrible mistakes for fifteen+ years when the fact is that it's still going pretty strong after fifteen+ years. That's a long-ass time, bro.

The only problem with Ash's agelessness is that it was officially stated. The only mistakes made were stating his age and and dumbing him down to Kanto-esque proportions while losing the sass and charm of that version of him. And that was only three years ago, not sixteen.

As of XY, it seems as if they are reverting to implicit ageing that served well in Hoenn and Sinnoh, since they have obviously realized the BW reset didn't really have the intended effect.

In regards to my previous post, I maintain that "adventure" is the theme. Ash has a goal, sure, but nobody knows what that goal even is. Like I mean, he wants to be a Pokémon Master. But what does that mean? Does it mean beating the strongest trainers in every region? Cause he's missed out on a lot of E4 and Champions. Does it mean meeting every single species of Pokémon? He's done a lot of that, but what's it worth? Does it mean competing in every region's League? But what about winning them? His goal is stated, but its meaning never has been. Maybe it's just a 10yo's way of saying "I wanna be the best that ever was." But how do you do that? There's always going to be someone better than you, something new you can learn. And what do you want to be the best at, anyway? Everything? Good luck with that; you really can't learn everything in a lifetime.

The point of Pokémon is not for the characters to achieve a goal. It is about their journey on the way to achieving their dreams.

Hopefully in XY we'll get to see some new dreams resulting in a variety of themed adventures. I mean, Serena wants to be a Rhyhorn Racer, right? What the hell is that? How does she train for it? How does it factor in to her travels? I want to watch her adventure unfold.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
It's kind of funny that you claim the anime team has been making terrible mistakes for fifteen+ years when the fact is that it's still going pretty strong after fifteen+ years. That's a long-ass time, bro.

The only problem with Ash's agelessness is that it was officially stated. The only mistakes made were stating his age and and dumbing him down to Kanto-esque proportions while losing the sass and charm of that version of him. And that was only three years ago, not sixteen.

As of XY, it seems as if they are reverting to implicit ageing that served well in Hoenn and Sinnoh, since they have obviously realized the BW reset didn't really have the intended effect.

In regards to my previous post, I maintain that "adventure" is the theme. Ash has a goal, sure, but nobody knows what that goal even is. Like I mean, he wants to be a Pokémon Master. But what does that mean? Does it mean beating the strongest trainers in every region? Cause he's missed out on a lot of E4 and Champions. Does it mean meeting every single species of Pokémon? He's done a lot of that, but what's it worth? Does it mean competing in every region's League? But what about winning them? His goal is stated, but its meaning never has been. Maybe it's just a 10yo's way of saying "I wanna be the best that ever was." But how do you do that? There's always going to be someone better than you, something new you can learn. And what do you want to be the best at, anyway? Everything? Good luck with that; you really can't learn everything in a lifetime.

The point of Pokémon is not for the characters to achieve a goal. It is about their journey on the way to achieving their dreams.

Hopefully in XY we'll get to see some new dreams resulting in a variety of themed adventures. I mean, Serena wants to be a Rhyhorn Racer, right? What the hell is that? How does she train for it? How does it factor in to her travels? I want to watch her adventure unfold.

First of All , The Recent rating prove Pokemon Odd time .
Pokemon's rating kept on dropping with every series .
In BW Series , Pokemon had it worst rating which was 2.2% .
If this going on then Gen VIII Pokemon Anime will not get any rating at all.
Plus , It was the Assistance Director of the Show who said that during his Interview at ''Imagine-Nation'' .
Its not something I made up ! I guess he want the same rating Pokemon use to got during Original series which was 16% to 18% !!!

Second of all , Ash already explain what he want to do at the end of DP Series .
He said his goal is to Participate in ''Champion League'' and face Cynthia to become a ''Champion Master''.
And to do that , He need to win a Regional League Conference.
Now , Ether Ash has 2 different goal Or ''Champion Master'' is a alternative name for ''Pokemon Master'' .

Third of all , If Pokemon again tries to use ''Meaningless Adventure'' as a Theme then XY Series will be as Plot-less at BW Series .
I also maintain my own Believe , Pokemon is not same category as ''Dragon tales'' Or ''My little Pony'' which focus on some children going on an Adventure with their cute animal friend.
Pokemon is in same category as Beyblade ,Scan-to-go , Yugioh and Shaman King which focus on ''A Protagonist who's involve in an imaginary sport'' .
Actually that What made Pokemon Unique at the first place .
It was about An Underdog reaching the Top !
That what inspire Kids at the first place and made Pokemon different then all other Adventure Kids Anime .
But now , Pokemon seem to be About An Underdog becoming a bigger loser and failing to achieve his goal .
Its like The Whole Show mocking Underdog & Loser to have big Dream and telling that dream are for Child Prodigy.
Trust me ,

If Poekmon made a filler saga about Ash participating in 26 episode long Tournament with new/old rival , Fierce Battle & Evolution of his Oaked/Unova Pokemon then it would get better rating then Pokemon DA Journey got even if Writer ditch ''Adventure'' for it.

A 26 episode long Tournament isn't that unique . There are a lot of Kids Anime that revolve around a 51 long Tournament .

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wanted Serena's personality to be more like Mitsumi (Pokemon DPA).
She by far the best Female traveling companion of any Pokemon Franchise !!!
Spoiler:

Off Course , She didn't had a Goal and her Job is simply to Babysit Hareta But She's much more fun character then all Poke-castgirl .
Plus , Mitsumi was an awesome straight-man and battler !!!
Let see , If Hareta's inspiration was Goku (DBZ) Then Mitsumi's inspiration was probably Bulma (DBZ).
Accept , Mitsumi Powerful enough to fight equally against a E4 champion like Cynthia .
Unfortunately , Serena seem too cheerful ! I don't think she can match Mitsumi.
You know , The Highest rated Pokemon episode was ''The Flame Pokémon-athon!'' Which was about a Race .
I also point that out on Mr Iwane's blog .
I wonder if They made Serena a Rhydon-racer for that reason .

PixieCircle8

Writer // Roleplayer
Years
Anybody looking forward to Bonnie calling Ash ''Satoshi-ni chang''

Oh , It seem its haven't posted yet -

Ka-ka-kawaaii, actually it will be such a normal thing to call satoshi with 'satoshi nii-chan' but you sure it's going to be.. 'satoshi nii-chang'?
Probably, it's gonna make my heart explode -w-)/

that title theme song sounds amazing. i hope we have a really good theme song like from the beginning of the series to the first season of the diamond and pearl series. i dont like how its all about friends now i like it when its about becoming a pokemon master and GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Woah!
Yeah, agree. But really, the gotta catch em all thingy sometimes rather make me feeling off. Why don't change the quote or whatever, well, this idea is rather unrealistic even for me..

Woah there, Oshuwatt had plenty of Development, He was clearly the love-struck show-off who is always tooting his own horn, always coming out of his pokeball like Psyduck except he was alil more animated. he was also the comedian of the 3 pokemon. he did have battle development too. Now if u ask me, Emolga is the Pokemon who was annoying. EVEN in the tournament in the movie she used Volt switch :(

that being said, I wonder how serene gonna tackle ash. She gotta realize that there are at-least 2 other women (May and Misty) who Want That boy...

Yeah, i mean like oshawott is one the pokemon that 'gentleman wannabe' but a bit of failing, it's rather idiot, but sometimes like the episode the one that it's scallshop (i forgot the name) losts. It's like that the comedian can go serious too!

Serena? Well, from the trailer,.. unlike Misty that a bit of tsundere and May that don't show many lovey-dovey things.. Serena is rather straight-forward for me and it will be such of a shoujo manga girl thingy.
For ex, like indirect-kiss, hugging and ect. But surely cause this is anime for kiddies, there's many lovey-dovey thing that don't show up.

I wonder what's the trailer saying while showing both Original Ash & XY Ash.
Is kind a give off ''The Boy who started his journey 15 year ago finally going to reach his destination'' Vide !!!
Is there going to be some sort of Marathon of Pokemon Kento series in TV-Tokyo.
And ,
I still believe A female rival like Rika Nonoka (Digimon Tamer) will play a better role then Serena in the main plot !!!Including Her shipping with Ash .
I say ,
Give Ash a tough Female Rival with Delphox and A male rival with Chesnaught ! Then center the whole series on all 3 of them !!!
Just like I said , Focusing on 3 different character traveling together trying to achieve 3 different goal , Thats not how Kids Anime work .
Kids Anime has to be about all character trying to achieve one goal .
Take ''Pokemon Adventure'' for example .

No, PokeSpe is rather not confusing because they're seperating every character by arc. You see like the part with DPPt one is got a different goal.
But the goal of all character doesn't show up every chapter and the character only show up at an arc that focused on that character. That's make the plot became straight-forward rather than the anime one.

Well, The Adventure is each saga of Pokemon Ash is leading up to the Tournament. u guys were wondering all up until the end of Pikachu vs Latios if pikachu is gonna win and/or pull of a Hail mary trail of victories. Even in BW u were thinking even if ash Doesn't win this league, he isn't gonna lose to a 5 pokemon team. Then Riolu evolved, Healing dramatically and gaining immense strength. Then who knew what was gonna happen?

also, there is the Evil organization Plot he needs to foil (Team rocket using Meloetta to control the 3 beats Pokemon, Plasma trying to control Reshiaram) the reshiam one arguably begun at the beginning of the show (with Zekrom zapping Pikachu of all of it's electricity where all of its power is located, making it losed or tire out in battle with a snivy who was clearly not a beginner because it knew leaf storm)

What Pokemon really lacks is a Common goal share by all character's .
A goal that bring all the character together , A goal that connect all of them.
Example : Pokemon Adventure
In PokeSpe , All Character has different goal & Dream But at the end they share One common goal that bring them together.
And that is ''Defecting the Evil Team'' .
Pokemon XY Anime need something like that.
Pokemon XY Series need a common goal that will be shared by All The Character and bring them together .
I guess that Common goal should be Defect Team Flare !!!

That's why Pokemon Anime had 10 odd year .
I'm not the One said that .
The Assistance Director of Pokemon admit it during his interview at ''Imagine-Nation''.
They actually thought turning Ash into a rookie will bring back the same joy People felt during original series.
But I guess Pokemon Anime end up having even Odder Year due to their stupidity during BW Series.
Pokemon isn't ''Dragon Tales'' and Pokemon can't never be like ''Dragon Tales'' because people see Pokemon as different Anime .
I mean, think about it !!!
People been making fun of Ash agelessness and there are a lot of stupid theory about it .
But Protagonist of ''Doreamon'' , ''Chidi Makuro-chan'' and ''Sazae-san'' doesn't age ether so Why doesn't anyone make fun of them ???
Because People doesn't see them same way .
''Doreamon'' is First category Kids Anime & ''Chidi Makuro-chan'' and ''Sazae-san'' is Third category Kids Anime .
So They can go endlessly without aging the character and nobody will say a thing like ''The Simpson'' .
But ''Pokemon'' is a Forth category Kids Anime which is near to Shouene .
And Forth category Kids Anime are meant to end . They can't endlessly .
That why People question Ash's agelessness.
Hopefully , Director/Writer learned their mistake after 15 odd year and they will treat Pokemon XY Series like a Forth category Kids Anime !!!

Actually, pokemon got the bully because of the age of Ash, it was caused by the story itself. The Doraemon never go to other region and start out their journey and meet others. The Doraemon plot is stuck and just that and THAT!

Pokemon go to another place and shows that the time actually should be going and not stuck. Pokemon is an adventure and adventure need time, Doraemon is like everyday life fantasy and that's make the timeline would be alright if it stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back