• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
What HM's are needed to beat the main plot of the game?

HM #1, Cut.
Surf, Strength, Waterfall are optional, but necessary, more for the "end game" stuff.

TM #70 for Flash is also useful (Mistralton Cave, Challenger Cave)

HM Dive is pretty useless. The ONLY thing I want Dive on will be a Phione.

NOTE: Once a "Strength Stone" has been used, it will never respawn meaning Strength will eventually be 'useless'.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
There some kinda trick to reaching the Kyurem encounter?

I am seeing stairs but they are blocked. Is there a path I missed?

You have to search around that area until you come to a lake, once there, something will happen the whole area will turn to snow and then you walk north to the cave with Kyurem in.

I'm still a slow player so what does Clay have?

Clay has a Level 29 Krokorok, Level 29 Palpitoad and a Level 31 Excadrill.

You could just use Serebii to check the Gym Leader & Elite 4 information.

Question: Does having multiple Flame Body Pokemon in the party could down the steps my another half, or is it 1 just reduces it by half, and also, does the egg have to be next to the Pokemon or just anywhere?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm still a slow player so what does Clay have?
Spoiler:

Here is Clays team.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Where's the entrance to Mistralton Cave? and do I need surf to access it? One last one: where do I get surf? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2023
Abundant Shrine

I beat the game I traded for a thundurus and a tornadus and I went to the abundant shrine and interacted with it but landurus won't show up. What is wrong?

Perriechu

Years
I think you get Surf at Victory Road. I think.
Go west from Driftveil City to reach Mistralton. Surf east FROM this old bald guy near a "healing house", just BEFORE the Driftveil side access to Chargestone Cave.

Nu uh, Surf isn't found there.

I beat the game I traded for a thundurus and a tornadus and I went to the abundant shrine and interacted with it but landurus won't show up. What is wrong?

I think you may have to have the Thundurus/Tornadus from your own game, as well as a traded one, not both traded.

Where's the entrance to Mistralton Cave? and do I need surf to access it? One last one: where do I get surf? Thanks!

Once you have the Mistralton badge continue up to ridge mountain, there you encounter a battle with Cheren after, Alder appears and gives you HM 03 Surf.

Years
Is there anyway you can get Tornados recorded on ur pokedex on your white version so i can look him up for trade in the GTS? kinda like how in diamond u could see a picture of palkia

Perriechu

Years
Is there anyway you can get Tornados recorded on ur pokedex on your white version so i can look him up for trade in the GTS? kinda like how in diamond u could see a picture of palkia

Nope, you have to own him, and if your on about doing this to get Landorus, you need both Genies to get the 3rd. So you have to trade.

Which english named Pokemon NEED a nickname to be GTS traded?
- am aware of "Coffin Ghost" and "Haxorus"

I wasn't aware Pokemon needed nicknames to be traded on the GTS \:

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Errr anywaaaaay..... Gosh I keep asking questions about this game =P How do you go through Skyla's gym? I keep going through a loop (not the rings in her gym!) of the first four cannons and can't figure out how to get anywhere

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Errr anywaaaaay..... Gosh I keep asking questions about this game =P How do you go through Skyla's gym? I keep going through a loop (not the rings in her gym!) of the first four cannons and can't figure out how to get anywhere

Well on one of the cannons there's another entrance area on the south side of it. It's the cannon that uh... shoots you over to the left putting you into a loop. It shoots you at the cannon you just got shot from. No idea if I confused or helped you there, just go with it. If you count the shots the cannon will be your fifth one. There's a little caution strip path below it. The caution tape blocks the view of the bottom entrance.

Years
Black and White. wifi club problems

i am trying to trade with my friend tyler on the wifi club but it says connecting to tyler for along time then doesnt let us trade. this has also happened to my friend louis when he tried to battle someone over wifi connection. if anyone can help me i will be very grateful

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
i am trying to trade with my friend tyler on the wifi club but it says connecting to tyler for along time then doesnt let us trade. this has also happened to my friend louis when he tried to battle someone over wifi connection. if anyone can help me i will be very grateful

It is probably either you or your friends internet. Mine used to do that too, until we switched to a new internet company. I think it was broadband I had before? When we switched it worked perfect, but before it did pretty much what yours is doing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Breeding changes/rates?

Didn't see any other thread about this. That said it may just be me having this issue, but I'm trying to breed a Modest Lucario and my Ditto has a Modest nature. Ditto is holding an Everstone while breeding with my Lucario but every egg I've gotten (7 eggs) has not given me a Modest nature. So...any thoughts on this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I started breeding today and I saved on a Jolly natured Pansage egg. But when I reset to get different IVs, it hatched with a modest nature?

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
I started breeding today and I saved on a Jolly natured Pansage egg. But when I reset to get different IVs, it hatched with a modest nature?
I've heard that in these games, Gamefreak killed perfect breeding or whatever you guys call it

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Is a mixed or physical samurott better; as of now my samurott's attack is 115 and sp. atk is at 95. He is at lvl. 40 and has naive nature. In my attempt to level him up faster I may have given him one too many patrats and pidoves to battle (Atk Evs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back