• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Merry Monotype Christmas, everyone!
and
I need an extra boost!
Since there is now an event i'm going to start Blaze Black :)
I'm going to hack in 2 shiny pokemon, the first one will be a shiny Bulbasaur lvl 1 and a shiny Gastly lvl 1 (i've always wanted one)

My team that i'll be hunting down and catching in Blaze Black :)
Skorupi Poison///bug on Rt16 (evolves into a Poison///Dark type)
Venonat Bug///Poison at the Dreamyard
Tentacool Water///Poison FISHING (normal) at Wellspring Cave 1F, Route 18, SURFING (normal) at Driftveil City
Zubat Flying///Poison Wellspring Cave 1F

Edit Blaze Black Update 1
With my team of only the hacked in gastly and bulbasaur I managed to get the first badge, in blaze black its a triple battle so I had my hmslave get in as a free ride but he didn't participate. I think I left bulba in a little too long cause he fainted but gasly didn't really have much of a problem.

Sent from my HP Touchpad

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
It's going to be LEGEN- wait for it... DARY!

I know I have Ice and Normal ultimates going, but I want to do my favorite type.

Username: WarriorCat
Type: Ghost
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: FireRed Omega, Storm Silver, Expert Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

I'm going to use the phrases to trade a Snorunt Egg, which will become a Froslass, into Black 2.
And I'll catch and use Giratina in Platinum. Are these okay?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally, an Ice Update.

I still had the same SS file, so I continued and finished it. Here is my team pic after beating red, now I remember why I hate him. xD
Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
"I need an extra boost!"
I think it's about time I finish off my Ice Challenge and become a full-fledge champion! I picked up Pokemon Y today and I'll be trading in a Smoochum that I bred on my Pokemon X, it has the Egg Move of Wake-Up Slap (which was unintentional but I guess I'll take advantage of it until it's pathetic Attack stat begins to make a difference).

"Merry Monotype Christmas, everyone!"
I will also start Emerald for my ghost run pretty soon and I think I'll hack in a Gastly as my starter since I really don't feel like soloing Roxanne with a Nincada, practically did that once before in my bug run and I'm definitely not doing it again!

I'll post again when I make some progress.

___

Oh yeah Necrum, since the Razor Claw isn't available until postgame in Pokemon X & Y would it be allowed to trade one in at a decent point in game such as before the 8th gym or elite 4?

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Curses! the only bug legendary is Genesect which is an event legendary, damn you! *shakes fist* though i guess if i haul ass and finish X/Y before next wednesday i can do a single run in some game (Likely Gen 1-2) and grab a legendary there, oh well

Update on B/W 2 Bugmono
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Oh come on guys! I really need your help! Please!
I need to go to Mt.Mortar to get HM04 Strength right? But there are 2 guys blocking the entrance from Ecruteak! Can someone tell me what to do? Until i get an answer i'm stuck so i'm on hiatus from this challange.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I need an extra boost!
Since I am now replaying my Fairy Monotype, I figured this was a good opportunity to add Togepi into the mix.
175.png

Ruach
Lvl 1, Hardy
11/5/6/5/6/5
-Extrasensory
-Growl
-Charm

I earned my first badge, probably won't post for this mono again til I reach the point I was at when I lost my games.
It's going to be LEGEN- wait for it... DARY!

I know I have Ice and Normal ultimates going, but I want to do my favorite type.

Username: WarriorCat
Type: Ghost
Games: FireRed Omega, Storm Silver, Expert Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

I'm going to use the phrases to trade a Snorunt Egg, which will become a Froslass, into Black 2.
And I'll catch and use Giratina in Platinum. Are these okay?
Yes those are right.
Oh yeah Necrum, since the Razor Claw isn't available until postgame in Pokemon X & Y would it be allowed to trade one in at a decent point in game such as before the 8th gym or elite 4?
No.
Oh come on guys! I really need your help! Please!
I need to go to Mt.Mortar to get HM04 Strength right? But there are 2 guys blocking the entrance from Ecruteak! Can someone tell me what to do? Until i get an answer i'm stuck so i'm on hiatus from this challange.
Be more specific.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
HM04 Strength in Gen 2 is obtained from a sailor in Olivine, not from Mt Mortar

I'm playing Sacred Gold (Heart Gold hack). About being more specific:
After Baoba (New warden for the safari zone in Jhoto) gets caught by team rocket, I went to the safari zone to help him. I fought a bunch of team rocket grunts and in order to get deeper into the cave in cianwood the safari zone is located in, i need HM04 for Strength. BUT, i don't have it. So i went to Olivine, and the sailor wasn't there. I found on the internet i need to go to Mt.Mortar,and a hiker bumps into you and gives you the HM as an apology. The only way to get to Mt.Mortar is by going to ecruteack and heading right,towards route 42. But 2 guys (a hiker and what seems to be an archeologist) are blocking the exit to route 42 and talking about volcanic eruptions in Mt.Mortar,meaning i can't go there and get the HM.

Now,after explaining the problem,does anybody has a solution?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
After Baoba (New warden for the safari zone in Jhoto) gets caught by team rocket, I went to the safari zone to help him. I fought a bunch of team rocket grunts and in order to get deeper into the cave in cianwood the safari zone is located in, i need HM04 for Strength. BUT, i don't have it. So i went to Olivine, and the sailor wasn't there. I found on the internet i need to go to Mt.Mortar,and a hiker bumps into you and gives you the HM as an apology. The only way to get to Mt.Mortar is by going to ecruteack and heading right,towards route 42. But 2 guys (a hiker and what seems to be an archeologist) are blocking the exit to route 42 and talking about volcanic eruptions in Mt.Mortar,meaning i can't go there and get the HM.

Check my spoiler for a youtube walkthrough.
Spoiler:

Edit Blaze Black Update:
I juuuuuust barely beat the basic badge gym leader... all I had left was gastly and he had 1hp left. The final hit and mine happened to be first...
Blaze Black has proven to be much harder than black is normally. Double battles with very smart movepools of cooperative teams. I was on the edge of my seat at the end there but I managed.
Right now my team is lvl19 Zubat, lvl19 Tentacool, lvl21 Venonat, lvl23 Ivysaur, and lvl25 freshly evolved Haunter. Then there is my HMSLAVE, lvl12 Snivy

Sent from my Xperia Z

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

In the hack Sacred Gold, you shouldn't need Strength to fight the Rockets in the Safari Zone. Where exactly are you encountering the boulder? Can you post a screenshot of it?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Time for an update eh?

Dark monotype - SoulSilver

Got far enough to have defeated Morty. Corphish is now a beautiful Crawdawnt! But, as is typical with grass-weaks and Totodile starter, I had to spend a VERY LONG TIME grinding in Slowpoke Well in order to defeat my rival. I really need to stop doing that, but Totodile is such a wonderful HM carrier. Chikorita and Cyndaquil, not so much. Defeated Whitney with only a slight hiccup. Corphish at this stage was strong enough to 2hko Miltank. Except Corphish is male so I almost ended up dying to Attract. Again. Typical Whitney.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I beat the first gym in Pokemon Y today!

Challenge
Spoiler:
Badges
50px-Bug_Badge.png

150px-VSViola.png

Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Here's the final update for Crystal in my Fighting UMC! I picked up right from where I had left off in my last update, having just defeated the Elite Four. Red did not put up too much of a challenge, though I did have to rotate through my team and use revives to get Espeon to use up all of its Psychics before OHKOing it with Megahorn.

- Got the S.S. Ticket
- Boarded the S.S. Aqua
- Arrived in Vermilion City
- Defeated Lt. Surge
- Traveled to Saffron City
- Traveled to Celadon City
- Defeated Erika
- Traveled to Fuchsia City
- Defeated Janine
- Traveled to Lavender Town
- Traveled to Saffron City
- Defeated Sabrina
- Traveled to Cerulean City
- Found Misty on Route 25
- Defeated Misty
- Did the Power Plant side-quest
- Flew to Lavender Town
- Got the Kanto Radio card
- Traveled to Vermilion City
- Got the Copycat's Pokedoll
- Returned the Pokedoll for the Magnet Train Pass
- Flew to Vermilion City
- Woke the Snorlax
- Went through Diglett's Cave to Route 2
- Arrived in Pewter City
- Defeated Brock
- Traveled to Viridian City
- Traveled to Pallet Town
- Traveled to Cinnabar Island
- Spoke to Blue
- Traveled to the Seafoam Islands
- Defeated Blaine
- Flew to Viridian City
- Defeated Blue
- Flew to Pallet Town
- Traveled to Mt. Silver
- Defeated Red
Fighting UMC Johto: Complete!

Team:
poliwrath.png
Poliwrath / lv61 / Surf, Headbutt, Psychic, Submission
heracross.png
Heracross / lv61 / Horn Attack, Megahorn, Earthquake, Reversal
hitmonchans.png
Hitmonchan / lv61 / Mach Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch

Type:
fighting.png

Pokemon Red Version
primeape.png
machoke.png
hitmonlee.png
poliwrath.png
(6/8)
✔Pokemon Crystal Version
poliwrath.png
heracross.png
hitmonchans.png

Pokemon Sapphire Version
combusken.png
breloom.png
hariyama.png
(6/8)
Pokemon Pearl Version
infernape.png
machamp.png
medicham.png
toxicroak.png
(6/8)
✔Pokemon Black Version
emboar.png
conkeldurr.png
sawk.png
scrafty.png

-----

And, since I'm eager to start, here is my sign up for my first monotype (and challenge) in the sixth generation! Once completed, I will have officially completed my Ultimate Dragon Challenge!

Username: deku
Type: Dragon
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, Y

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Well, i'm still shocked. I was there,and the boulder was at the entrance of Cliff cave, i went outside to Cianwood, went back and he just...wasn't there anymore. Whatever that is, i don't care anymore.

Update:
Well after getting inside Cliff cave and going up the ladder, i fought Rocket excecutive Petrel ( the stupid guy with the purple hair). I beat all the rocket grunts on route 47 and fought rocket excecutive Ariana. I got to route 48, and into the dafari zone gate. There was a trap there and i had to fought together with Riley against a rocket grunt and Archer. After getting into the safari zone building, Baoba gave me a mandatory mission to catch a Geodude, which i did, and boxed. I came back to Ecruteack to go through route 42, so i can go to Mahogany town, but- The 2 guys (Hiker and Archeologist) are still there, talking about Mt.Mortar,which they block the entrance to.

so i'm on hiatus again...XD.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
I'll be posting a special post at midnight EST!

You did it right. I run the challenge and I only post pictures for the Hall Of Fame, and even that isn't necessary. Welcome to the challenge!

Alright thanks! Last question, when do I get placed on the OP under ultimate challengers, after I beat the first game? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ultimate Flying Monochallenge: Fire Red: Update 2
Went to Mount Moon
Caught Zubat
Picked Helix Fossil
Grinded
Defeated Misty
Caught Meowth (slave)
Defeated Surge with Dig
Got Flash/Bike/Old Amber
Defeated Erika
Annihilated Team Rocket in Game Corner
Got tm29
Swept Pokemon Tower - Psychic,Bite,Flamethrower
Poke Flute Obtained
Defeated the Dojo - Hitmonlee for a Slave
Defeated Snorlax by Celadon
Golbat hit 31 and keeps trying to evolve.... Damn Kanto
Wiped out Bike Route for EXP
Got HM3/4
Defeated Kogo
Flew to Pallet Town
Skipped Trainers on RT 21
Got Aerodactyl (FULL TEAM GET)
Gonna Grind.

Current team:
Aerodactyl - 22
Butterfree - 38
Fearow - 36
Charizard - 38
Gyrados - 35
Golbat - 36

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Well, I'll use the anniversary codes now as well as the Christmas one.

Well, I've been having some trouble in my LG Fire challenge, so I need an extra boost. Also, merry monotype Christmas, everyone! I'll save this one for later.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Alright, update time...
Most of my Pokemon evolved right as I got the bug badge from burgh.
Right now I have haunter lv32, Ivysaur lvl31, Venomoth lvl31, Tentacruel lvl31, Crobat lvl31, and my HMSLAVE lvl16 due to a lucky whirlwind dragging him out. I'll have the last member of my team soon as I get to rt16.

Burgh on Blaze Black brought me to my last Pokemon with very little HP left. Crobat is just a very fast Pokemon and happened to hit before they did. Although I'll admit using rock climb against me really sucked and in my honest opinion was an unfair way to make him more of a challenge, I guess the maker of blaze black couldn't think of a way to make bugs harder /shrug. I've noticed bugs have more stats than normal.

Sent from my HP Touchpad

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Stupid me forgot to get Jasmine's badge...HAHA...Fire-monotype avengers,assemble!

I got the Mineral badge from Jasmine,and went staright back to the right of Ecruteack,to route 42. I wanted to get to Mt.Mortar...and then the hiker gave me the HM04. Nice trolling,game! Passed through Mt.Mortar and finally reached Mahogany town!! I went inside houses (i love talking with the peeps) and Riley gave me a Riolu egg! gonna box it. They told me to go to the lake of rage and watch some guy in a black cape (Lance cough cough Lance).WELL, you need surf to go in the lake of rage...so i took back TT Cool J, and captured the Gyarados (come on,free shiny..!) Found Lance,got into the rocket HQ. I got to the switch on my 1st try, and Adar evolved into a typhlosion,finally! In the HQ,Silver (don't remember the name i gave him) ambushed me...but we didn't fight. I fought and beat Petrel and went the radio trnasmitter room. The Chatot mimicked Petrel's voice and i was able to go into the radio-transmitter room...and then i met ariana. I was able to defeat Ariana because i taught Shadow Claw to Adar earlier :) I got into the radio transmitter room,and caught one of the Electrodes (still,not gonna use it. I just love the "event" pokemon you can find in-game,they have their second abilities sometimes). I passed Pryce's gym and with his defeat,aquired my 7th badge! Flew to Goldenrod,got my uniform and was almost able to sneak by the grunts when...you guessed it, The rival alert! He blew my cover and i had to fight the grunt. I beat every single grunt until i reached Petrel, the guy is a staller! Protect,Toxic,Dig...every trick in the book! God,Petrel was tough...but i beat him. I went underground to the tunnel to save the director,and beat one of the grunts there.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
Username: Fayble
Type: Poison
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Pokemon Y, possibly HeartGold, White, and Diamond later.

After an hour of searching... finally caught a Weedle.
Let the games begin!

Edit: I'd say Ultimate, but I don't have access to anything 3rd Gen, or a Gameboy that can still play my Yellow version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back