• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Misty and Iris (as much as I don't care for her) are solid Type A tsuderes. May and Dawn are a mix of Type A and Type B. Serena on the other hand, is definitely a Type B.

We'll see more of her "Tsun" side fleshed out over time.

Misty is a Tsundere , Iris isn't !
Iris happen to writer's failed attempt to create a Non-violent Misty.
Honestly , Ash fit much well with Tsundere due to his dense personality .
So , I believe a Tsundere rival is a good match for Ash .
Now that I think of it , This show doesn't have a single female Challenger around Ash's age who really really strong . Forget about rivals !
Most of the Female challenger are ether rookie and Comic relief .
Katie (AG) probably the strongest female Challenger while Maccy (Jotho) probably the strongest 10 year old challenger.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Serena is soooo cute! It's like if she got a secret crush over Ash! :)
Did you see the look she gave to Ash when he borrowed her his handkerchief? ♥ :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ayaka
chara04.png

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy_me/images/chara/chara04.png

Now , Thats the type of Girl should be the Heroin of this series .
Ya , I don't know anything about her personality .
But just look at her pose , Her cold stare and dominating aura .
I have been waiting for a girl like that.
she would be a perfect rival & Heroin for Ash !!!
Alan is just so lucky , He got a cool heroin , Mega Charizard and a chance to beat E4 member .
Poor Ash might not get a megamon because of some oversmart idiotic Writer/director.
Forget about Heroin.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hi yeah this is shipping discussions. You can totally make a thread about her or talk about her in the special ep discussion thread but unless you're talking shipping in some way it aint for here.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Upcoming episode-

3. A Rival in Love for Serena?! [...]...?
While on the way, Serena hands out special PokePuffs to everyone. But then a girl named Milfy appears, and starts teasing Serena's PokePuffs. Sparks begin to fly between Serena and Milfy!!

Source :http://s.cyrill.lilect.net/uploader/files/201403170123370000.jpg

I always wanted to know what would happened if Ursula fallen in love with Ash !
May be , I can learn that from Milfy .

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Ok, so I just started watching the English dub of X and Y today, and omigosh I love Serena. She's sooo cute. Her relationship with Ash is so positive and heartwarming. I'm definitely a fan of AmourShipping now!

She's such a likable character, and she brings out some really likable traits in Ash. In fact I like Ash a lot more just from his interactions with Serena in this series ^^ I'm really looking forward to seeing their relationship develop.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
With Wobbuffet back, it would certainly be cool to see him get some romance. He was super adorable with Kirlia in that one episode. <3 BALERINASHIPPING 4 LYFE!

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Hehe, I haven't posted here in a while. Heya :p

So...there was some minor Amour push in the recent Japanese episode. One when Serena got upset because she thought that Ash called the No. 1 Poke'idol cute (but was relieved when she found out he was referring to Elle's Pokemon), and her asking him what he thought of her video while blushing. It was cute sure, but..

You think Serena's crush on Ash is hampering her as a character overall?

I ask this to the entire thread.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I kind of think it is tbh. because when the crush gets so much focus and push, other traits are neglected. Especially the way they're doing it- she's fawning over him rather than taking charge and showing him what she can do and impressing him.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
No. I think what's hampering Serena as a character is that the show simply refuses to use her in any interesting way, unless absolutely forced to - i.e. her two focus episodes, and even then she's had the climax of them both taken away from her. The result is that she comes across as a female Takeshi in her general inactivity - except at least Takeshi provided an essential service to the group, if not to the show as a whole (... and really, if Takeshi looks more active than you there's a problem).

While I can fully agree with the common criticism of Serena's inactivity amongst fans, I think Amourshipping is often unfairly used as a scapegoat for it, as if Serena would have been more active and empowered without it (there's really no evidence of that). It hasn't been a significant feature of an episode or Serena's character since XY007 and since then her main human relationship in the cast has been with Eureka, not Satoshi. Even when it did show up in the latest episode, the main point of XY021 was Serena and Fokko, with the two hints - Serena's reaction when she though Satoshi called Elle "cute"; her asking him about the Pokevision video at the end - pretty inconsequential to the episode. And given what series this is, I honestly don't worry about it developing into anything more than what it is now (Satoshi's never going to notice, and Serena doesn't seem interested in changing the status quo between them, so there's nowhere else for it to go - especially since the latter will be written off in 2-3 years time).

As far as Amourshipping itself goes, I like it. It doesn't rank as high as some of my other Satoshi ships (Abilityshipping, Morpheusshipping, Comashipping, Pearlshipping... poor Satoshi's kind of my "shipping bicycle" :p), but it gives Satoshi a chance to showcase his tendency to be hopelessly, frustratingly oblivious to all things concerning romance, which is one of his more entertaining character traits. I do think the show could do more to develop Satoshi and Serena's interactions outside of that, though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
You think Serena's crush on Ash is hampering her as a character overall?

I ask this to the entire thread.

No, I think it's more that the writers seem to have no idea what to do with her when she's not making those comments. The main thing she does of significance (outside of the Saihorn racing, which I think they are dropping completely) is to have random 10 second hints about how much she likes Ash. It's not even as overt as Takeshi's crushes on every woman ever or Citron's science thing, so I don't feel like it really consumes her character...because she doesn't seem to have much of one in the first place. I feel like Eureka has more significance and personality than Serena so far, and she's not even old enough to be a proper trainer.

I fully agree with Lizardo's comments - even Takeshi seemed to do more than her, and at least he had some sort of goal. I hope they can come up with something for Serena. Maybe the PokeVision episode will come up with something.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I was wondering , What a girl like Ursula become Ash's rival !!!
Difference--

-She's cutter
-She's Strong
-She later develop a crush on Ash but deny this like a True Tsundere
-Ash sometime sarcastically tease her and argue with her in a similar manner as Misty

If anyone does remember Ursula then here is her picture -
250px-Ursula.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ursula
If I know correctly then she was more popular then Zoey who was the main rival of Dawn.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
I just went through this entire thread, and saw no mention of unkNownshipping (Ash x N), and minimal mention of Palletshipping. My hopes have been dashed that I'd find others who like my ships it seems, haha. :'D I did see a lot of CafeMochashipping and Pokeshipping though, so that was nice. :)

Shipping in general in the newest bit of the anime seems pretty blah to me too, mostly because the character's don't seem like they have enough going on to make things viable. Serena in particular needs to have some sort of development for the ship to stay afloat as anything other than a one-sided gag-ship. They could potentially be a good ship, but it needs work from the writers. Of course, that's an opinion, so feel free to disagree.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I just went through this entire thread, and saw no mention of unkNownshipping (Ash x N), and minimal mention of Palletshipping. My hopes have been dashed that I'd find others who like my ships it seems, haha. :'D I did see a lot of CafeMochashipping and Pokeshipping though, so that was nice. :)

Shipping in general in the newest bit of the anime seems pretty blah to me too, mostly because the character's don't seem like they have enough going on to make things viable. Serena in particular needs to have some sort of development for the ship to stay afloat as anything other than a one-sided gag-ship. They could potentially be a good ship, but it needs work from the writers. Of course, that's an opinion, so feel free to disagree.
Well I mean this is a new iteration of the thread and shipping just hasn't been a real active pastime lately. xD; I multiship to the stars tho and Pallet has always been one I like. :D

I feel like shipping has just died off as of BW and I don't really know if it'll pick back up. Amour has potential, but like you said the writers actually need to develop her better to make it more interesting. Diode is apparently really big, but... it's big only for this series and not comparable to Pallet, Coma, or CaféMocha yet. :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
From What I seen so far , I believe Ash & Serena's relationship should be hanble more like Maou & Chiho (Hataraku Maou-sama)!
Because Serena's situation seem similar to Chiho. Both of them has a deep admiration & crush on a dense protagonist and both of them are timid toward their crush.
I guess , Ash's personality need to be more Boy-like rather then more Angel-like for this !

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
From What I seen so far , I believe Ash & Serena's relationship should be hanble more like Maou & Chiho (Hataraku Maou-sama)!
Because Serena's situation seem similar to Chiho. Both of them has a deep admiration & crush on a dense protagonist and both of them are timid toward their crush.
I guess , Ash's personality need to be more Boy-like rather then more Angel-like for this !
So Satoshi needs another girl he will end up with? Poor Serena.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So Satoshi needs another girl he will end up with? Poor Serena.

Spoiler:

May be , Another girl is a good idea ! It might make the series more interesting.
After all , Its not like Ash has to be with somebody ! ''Romance'' is something to make the series exciting & interesting .
Therefore , Writer should create a romance that make the show interesting.
I always wish for a beautiful & strong female rival with attitude who will biker with Ash even after becoming friend.
Let be honest , Considering Ash & Misty's dynamic chemistry , Serena kind & shy approch toward Ash feel a little boring.
I would like a girl who will bring back Ash mischievous & Sarcastic side that he lost ! I mean , When the last time he sarcastically tease a girl beside Misty.
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back