• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Dude I love this hack. In eureketeek now. I love how the weather changes every minute! However I would like for u to render a night and day cycle. Make it more realistic like old pkmn crystal. Keep at it. This is 1000x better than zel's sginy gold!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2009
great mod, hating the random weather conditions upon entering a new area

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
Why is it when I face the Rival that stole the Chikorita in Azalea City when he sends out Bayleef the game freezes!?

Exact same thing just happened to me as well. I'm playing it on my DS using a Cyclo card if that matters.

infmaniac

Determined Beginner
Years
I wonder how far they are on makin it at the min. Its had the same progress status since i joined so im hoping there are some updates pretty soon. This hack rocks. This is what got me into hacking :D keep it up :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
I have a problem... I goto Lake of rage and the red garados battle freezes.. what do I do?

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Whats the difficult level on this game ? Because I plan on trying a solo run on it or something like that

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi guys. sorry theres no posts for a while. been quite busy with college work and stuff. progress is shooting up for the next week as im on school holidays now.

up to reds battle is pretty much done. been having quite a problem with these freezing battles and almost had to restart on a clean rom :|. when i release the beta 2 if anyone encounters a freezing battle then please tell me about it. the current beta is on 1.62 so its close to a release probably in the next 1-2 months or sooner.

thanks for everyones suport for this hack. its kept the thread going while im not around xd. the status on the first page is not changed regulary. i'll change it now.

link

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
well theres quite a few changes. notible ones will be probably all music inserted, maps look better, ALL BUS GONE.

theres loads of changes and extra areas added in to find that i cant list them all.

link

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Found a bug. When I'm in victory road and I have to fight my rival for the last time, the game freezes when he sends out meganium. I chose my starter as totodile.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2009
Hey, just wondering. You said the release is 1-2 months sooner, so does that mean in one or two months or a bit later. Also, if I start playing on the beta 1.1, how far will it go upto? And once you release your full hack do I have to restart all my progress?

Thanks alot, your hack looks amazing!

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2009
ok i have played alot of unfinished hacks and im looking for one that is actually finished completely. when do u think u will be done with it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Download the Liquid Crystal Patch
Have a clean Fire Red rom - Google this
Download an IPS patcher - http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=12077 (The attached File) Works Fine
Have a Visual Boy Advance, Patch the Fire Red rom and rename it Pokemon: Liquid Crystal.gba(For easy reference), Put the Liquid Crystal and the Visual Boy Advance into a folder on their own and drag the rom over the VBA and it should start up :)

Okay, i'm sorry but i don't fully understand, I have the IPS Patcher and a clean Fire Red ROM, but the rest I'm stuck, i don't fully understand

EDIT: nvm, I got it to work another way

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Hey, why don't you release the almost finished version earlier ? I will probably have no time to play on 1-2 months from now and I really would like to play this game

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
Enough with asking for release dates and asking for them to release it earlier. It's like a slap in the face to the developers. Let them do what they do and they'll release it when they think it's ready. Don't be greedy.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I didnt really mean to be such a bad guy as you make me look. I do understand your point, but I just wanted to put mine here too, so let's just respect each other ok ? I didn't mean to offend nor bother anyone.

Thx

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
Years
Few glitches i found...

Great hack i love the graphics :) but... what's the point about the weather keep changing? Is it ment that it happens or is it a glitch? Oh yeah... Prof.Oak doesn't say anything when you see your rival in the intro. And when you battle alex for the first time he sometimes walk through a person and so does your rival in the second battle and in that battle the game freezes when he sends out his starter. And the first route theme... well it sounds like... i don't know. And i once had an egg, one fainted pokemon and my starter. Then for some reason i could battle the double team trainers in the second gym, and i sent out my fainted pokemon and my starter. This hack is gonna need some updates :P

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
I have played this hack and am quite impressed, but due to the Meganium glitch at victory road i am proberly going to leave this until a new beta or something is released. Anyways good luck with this and I hope the finished product lives up to its hight expectation rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back