• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
this is awesome.

on the scanning in the safari zone; i would say not to allow it unless the pokemon seen in there can all be captured on the outside. since you said that the pokemon obtained in the safari zone cannot be kept, why scan them? thats just me tho.

one other thing on the pokedex. will you be able to find the location on it, like in the games? im just asking, im not sure how much of a hassle that would be to implement.

once again, this is awesome. if you havent noticed, i am stalking this thread lol.

back to call of duty.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I'd suggest you to make the "Pokemon scanned" box type: x/y (in the picture above 31/y). Then, you'd know how many pokemon you're missing to complete the dex (y would of course refer to the amount of pokemon that can be seen).
Besides, have you figured out a way to make the pokemon, you receive, seen in the pokedex too (I guess you've planned this through but just asking) ?

Anyways, cool update as always ;)

Edit:
I watched the video you uploaded of the beginning of the game.

The way you can evolve is just superb !
I was amazed by how you made it so that Eevee's HP remains in the same rates as before :O
I also liked the event of rockets trying to steal your Eevee.
And...FF8 music ftw (though I like FF7 music the way most) :D
Thanks, Just reminded me that it's about time to make the next vid.
There will be some FF7 music, AI battle music is the J-E-N-O-V-A track, and The saffari zone uses the FF7 boss battle.

this is awesome.

on the scanning in the safari zone; i would say not to allow it unless the pokemon seen in there can all be captured on the outside. since you said that the pokemon obtained in the safari zone cannot be kept, why scan them? thats just me tho.

one other thing on the pokedex. will you be able to find the location on it, like in the games? im just asking, im not sure how much of a hassle that would be to implement.

once again, this is awesome. if you havent noticed, i am stalking this thread lol.

back to call of duty.

Because you can't catch all the Pokémon, you don't really have the "gotta catch em' all" metagame.

The pokédex scanning is a replacement for that. It's totally inderependent of the pokemon you can catch. You'll get full data on the Pokemon just by scanning them. Currently it won't show location. But it may change at a later date.

Any caught pokemon will be in the special "Obtained" section of the Pokedex.
The obtained section behave more like the traditional pokedex. If you've scanned the pokemon, you'll recive their basic info. Like name, number and location (the location when you can catch the pokemon)

Once you've obtained the pokemon, their full data will be revealed.

---
Ya know... I've been downplaying the amount of Pokémon catchable. But... I've recounted the amount of Pokemon catchable. 62 Species.
Which translates into a total 152 Pokemon. And thats without the post-release additions.

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
I'm gonna get real stupid now and ask:
When do you start getting to catch pokemon? Is it possible?

and also, what do the more... colorful pokemon have that's different than the usual gsc-style pokemon? (Like that one pidgey on route one)

sorry...

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
you dont catch pokemon you find corruputed (or rather enhanced) pokemon and you fight them. when you win you obtain them for your team try looking in the pc.

DarkDoom3000

Years
You don't catch pokemon traditionally, you can only be gifted them from ingame events, Or you can defeat corrupted(colourful) pokemon to catch them.

I couldn't make all the pokemon catchable, only around 152. But I didn't want to limit the amount of enemy pokemon. So while you can battle 386 pokemon, you'll only be able to catch 152.

To avoid confusion (and make it easier for me) I dropped the pokeball catching system.
(pokeballs exist in the game, your character is just unfortunate that he never manages to get a pokeball)
----
Gift
Normal: Given from ingame events.
Cost: Pokémon traded for money.

Corrupted (battle)

Normal: Boss battle against corrupted pokemon, obtain after defeating.
Fishing: Found in violently shaking fishing spots. Random chance of fishing out, must battle and defeat.
Candt Bait: Theres special patches of dark grass, clicking on one, you can place a Rare candy on it. If you leave the area and come back, theres a chance a corrupted Pokemon. battle and defeat to obtain.

Theres 84 (including evolutions, 30 different species) in the latest version. Theres a text file called "Pokemon Locations" in the v0.4 folder.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Nice progress!
Most of my questions have already been asked, however :P
Looking at the Pokemon Locations file, are there going to be more pokemon to be obtained at the Amplus Adoption Agency?

(On a side note, you misspelled 'Phanpy' in the file; it's missing a 'n' :P)

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Just a question, is a Arbor Forest supposed to be corrupted with weird tiles?

DarkDoom3000

Years
@BCKC : Yep, more pokemon will be added to the adoption agency in due time. Magby, smoochum and elekid should be avalible by the next update

progressupdat.png

Merry christmas and happy new year! not really a big update, I've been spending the last few days devamping all the genIII pokemon.

It's taken a while, but ive finished. With that- I can complete the gen3 part of the pokedex.So all is good.

For thoes who can't see it, all pokemon sprites from G/S/C had 4 colours, Black, White and 2 others. So I went by each pokemon sprite, and removed colours, changed shading and whatnot.(I another extra colour for some pokemon, Eg: Roselia, who is green, but has a red rose on one hand, while a blue one in the other.
(click to reveal devamp picture)
Spoiler:

Ill be posting them in the resorce section tommorow. for people who wanna use em.

Now with that and the pokdex outta the way, I can continue with actual game progress

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Wow, that's a lot of work. They look good, except for Jirachi. =/

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Yeah, Jirachi looks... a bit off, I guess.
Tropius, Cradily, and Flygon are really dark in some areas o-0
Ralts's "hair" has lines in it, right now, it looks smooth :O
Otherwise, the sprites are great!
And, its prob my screen or something, but there's a weird dot near Delcatty o-0

EDIT: Sharpedo looks odd, as if everything except his fin is 2d :(
Also, Treecko's eyes are funny; according to you, you have white, so why not use that instead?

EDIT2: Oh hey, page 11! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
oh yes this game has come along way and im loving it more and more as the update keep coming keep up the great work darkdoom

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Wow :D

Would it be okay if I used some of those revamped sprites in my hack ?
You'd get credit for revamping them :)

(I can only use sprites that can be made to have the same height and width but for most of them, resizing the picture like that works without making the sprite look glitchy)

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
Yeah, Jirachi looks... a bit off, I guess.
Tropius, Cradily, and Flygon are really dark in some areas o-0
Ralts's "hair" has lines in it, right now, it looks smooth :O
Otherwise, the sprites are great!
And, its prob my screen or something, but there's a weird dot near Delcatty o-0

EDIT: Sharpedo looks odd, as if everything except his fin is 2d :(
Also, Treecko's eyes are funny; according to you, you have white, so why not use that instead?

EDIT2: Oh hey, page 11! :D
Thanks, I've gone back and editied the problem ones.

Wow, that's a lot of work. They look good, except for Jirachi. =/
yes, jarichi does look off. fixed now(i hope)

Wow! I missed a lot of updates since I last looked at this thread.
Well, youre in luck!

oh yes this game has come along way and im loving it more and more as the update keep coming keep up the great work darkdoom
Ill try keeping it going :)

Wow :D

Would it be okay if I used some of those revamped sprites in my hack ?
You'd get credit for revamping them :)

(I can only use sprites that can be made to have the same height and width but for most of them, resizing the picture like that works without making the sprite look glitchy)
All good, I posted it in the resorce center, so anyone can use.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239711

----------------------
Update of sorts.
progressupdat.png

The Official Blog Launches!!!

http://pokemoneeveeblog.blogspot.com

This is for you guys who only visit the thread once a week and find it hard to find the latest update because you're too lazy to go through the replies. So you can just check out the blog for the latest updates and go post your thoughts in the thread.

the pokecommunity thread will still be the first place I post.

-
Heres a screenshot. Lets just say, 1 minute into the new version, something will derail your quest, teleporting you to a far away land. As you can see, there will be sand.

sandyu.png

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
Heres a screenshot. Lets just say, 1 minute into the new version, something will derail your quest, teleporting you to a far away land. As you can see, there will be sand.

sandyu.png

Funny , I didn't noticed the sand at first :P. Anyway, I like a lot how you are expanding more and more your game with new areas and quests! I'm really looking forward to play this.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
That place looks kinda empty but then again, it has much more stuff in it than a desert should have so I'd say that just keep it the way it is anyways :D

DarkDoom3000

Years
Update- Databases and Evolution

^ yeah, deserts aren't really exciting... I just hate leaving text only updates.

progressupdat.png

I've overhawling my databases. complicated stuff, but has great benefits.

for the more technically inclined

Spoiler:

So in a nutshell-
you can only have around 150 pokemon at a time BUT thoes 150 could from a selection of potentially 350+

In realitiy- because the way it's been programmed, of the 150 hero slots, aorund
~30 will be used for systems and stuff.
~80 will be normal prechosen pokemon
so that leaves around 40 "phantom slots" that can turned into any pokemon class i've programmed

these phantoms do have their downsides, like the inability to have proper PC box functions and whatnot and probably WON'T be avaliable in the next update.

Side-effect of that restructring of the database, is that it is timeconsuming. I've spent the last few days doing that. Ive finished databasing, but the TMs are currently broken. I did re-wire the evolving system- and improved it while i was doing that

Evolution Update
Remember that clunky levla stone system? well it's gone.
It's now replaced with a system that closely resembles the normal games.

Your pokemon will automatically trigger the evolution process once it reaches the requirements. Just hold down the cancel button to stop it evolving.

Some downsides is that it only checks for evolvable pokemon after each battle. that includes the evolution stones (eg: waterstone) So you have to equip it on a pokemon, then after a battle, the pokemon will try evolve.

newevo.png

the Levla stone will automatically be replaced with the Everstone. which also works exactly like the normal games. (but does increase defence when equiped)

Upcomming Stuff

I'm hoping to reveal a few new pokemon soon. well, one of them was sorta shown before... but its gonna have a full reveal.
Well, not today. You should see a teaser in the upcomming GWD.

EDIT: @below-
Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Turtwig~

Hello Peoplez
Years
oh your a bully 4 pokemon on one rattata what a bully lol
but about the update
why didnt you just wen you started the game have all the pokemon in the class section or do somehave to be in the hero section.
and also
I played version 0.4 not right through though and i think it was quite a good game keep up the good work

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
wow darkdoom nice update but on the point of evolution whats going to happen with pokemon that use happyness and other stuff like that as a requirement.... trying remember what generation the was introduced in.... any yeah nice update it was very informative and good to see your making good progress erm i know i shouldnt really ask but do you have an estemated time to which your going to release a updated demo? =)
thanks sread123
ps sorry for the spelling mistakes

Back