• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Oh, trainer sprites arent a problem. I got all pokemon ruby's trainers already... I just need to convert them to .PNG format. Yes the tournament won't be a very hard part of the game. I have a tournament in my game and I did all the random coding myself..

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
Hey, I need help with my pokemon fan game's battle system too. I didn't read the whole thread but I will unless you can give some pointers.

On RM2K, I put two monsters on the feild for a test. A Pikachu front view and a Pikachu back view. I know that when I'll fight, it'll be two pokemon to attack since I don't know how to make it so YOU or YOUR pokemon attack the enemy instead of a tripple way fight. THe thing is, in my fan game, you aren't a trainer you're RED's Pikachu. So i need a way to make it so you're the pikachu back view instead of an offscreen guy.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009
Uh...I wouldn't go amplifying the attack base power by the Pokemon's level unless you want a game that's REALLY odd. Use the actual game formulas which can EASILY be found all over.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Mood and ferocity? Sounds great! (I'll leave that up to you though :D)

Happy Gilmore: Just tell us what you want to do to help

Golden Sun Edition? Golden Sun is the name of a popular RPG for the GBA. Just ask Isaac17, Isaac is the main character.

Gotta go, so I'll ttyl. I'm in a big rush.

Years
well i am amplifying the level by the attack to give how much damage will be "max damage". If it seems too much i will make it 1/5 smaller or something. Unless you want a battle system which has high level pokemon doing 1-2 damage

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yeah, since we're making the "official" battle system, let's just use the games' formulas. Where can we find them? Have any good links?

Isaac: In RM2K you can show pictues in battle, in Rm2K3 you can't. Get rm2k for this.

About the elite four: I'm doing this in my game, but we can use it in this one too if you want: I'm using the elite four as a qualifying round to participate in the ultimate tournament. You must be strong enough to beat the elite. Can't have all the noobie trainers in a national competition, eh?

Years
that sounds pretty kool.. but i think that we should leave out the badge thing to fight the elite four... or leave out the elite four and just collect badges to enter the tournament, maybe something like when you get 1 badge you can enter Tournament 1 and whe you get 4, you can enter Tournament 4.. etc etc. Each has more powerful people in it and bigger prizemoney etc..

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
yeah, i like that idea Meerkat. Sort of like Pokemon Stadium where you have the different ranked cups with each cup getting more difficult.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
That's cool, but I'd say you must have all the badges to qualify for the Elite Four round of the competition. The badges thing is part of the pkmn league, right? Each step can be a round qualifying for the next, until the final 1 on 1 showdown. There can be different divisions (per region, you chose which region to represent), etc. Here's how I thnk the flow should work
1)Chose your region
2) Chose your sub-division (3 per region)
3)Get 8 badges in your region
4) Particiapte in regional qualification round- against other two sub-divisons
5) Get all the badges from all the other territories
6) Elite Four, qualifies for Nationals
7)National competition, four random-set divisions like in tournament mode in SSB:M
8) Final showdown- you and your rival 2 B a pokemon masta'! (Rival is not determined at beginning of game- rather whoever reaches finals)

What do u all think?

Years
hmm that sounds alright... yea! we could have lots of different reigons and you choose which one you start in at the beginning. we will be havong our own new reigon wont we?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
yeah, theat's cool. another option would be to make type specific tournaments in different regions, such as only being able to use fighting pokemon in one place and water pokemon in another area.
and if were going to include all the previous regions i'll be able to do that pretty easily as i'm going to do that in my game.

Years
That's great! Wish I thought of it lol! And we should only run tournaments at certain parts of the day/month or something... We will be including a date/time thing wont we? I think we should make time go at a very fast rate (eg. 1 min=1 hr) something like that so that people don't actually have to wait 5 hrs or something to do a certain thing, and we can do day/night thing as well. and people wont be in the dark for ages..

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
You move to a new town, and get bullied and pushed around at school. Then one day some kids are pushing you around (this is where the story starts) and all of a sudden, a pokemon jumps out of the bushes and scares off the bullies.

The pokemon follows you home and you decide to keep it..Then you see a poster on your wall and realise you can finally enter the pokemon tournament at school! Once you win, you are told you can enter a city-wide tournament, but you have to have 3 badges first. You go off on your journey and the rest writes itself.
That's an awesome storyline!
Better than the one I have for Evolution of Time, too. lol
The Golden Sun thing is a bit too strange, though.
The name would sound okay if there wasn't that Golden Sun game already, but there is that game already, so I figure it would have to be something else to grab attention.
And just in case you don't often search for Pok?mon fangames, about 80% of them have the word "Edition" in them, and it gets really old... Really fast.
I'd suggest a name, but I'd have to know more about the storyline and such.
Without more, all I can do is give random ideas:
Pok?mon Destiny, Pok?mon: Master Universe, or something like that.
Anyway, it's dinner time, so I'm off!
Peace out!

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
and we can do day/night thing as well. and people wont be in the dark for ages..
I'm really REALLY good with Day/Night systems!
Lemme know if ya need me for that. ;)

Years
wow that formula stuff is a bit complicated, but I guess if that works then we could try it..
Sure you could help.. I think we already have map-makers though You will have to ask DM because eh keeps track of all the people working on the project.

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
DarkMage31 said:
Mood and ferocity? Sounds great! (I'll leave that up to you though :D)

Happy Gilmore: Just tell us what you want to do to help

Golden Sun Edition? Golden Sun is the name of a popular RPG for the GBA. Just ask Isaac17, Isaac is the main character.

Gotta go, so I'll ttyl. I'm in a big rush.
Yep ask me! I'm a staff member of the website, Age of the Adepts! I'm obsessed with the game, as you can tell with my avatar, which is Isaac's face set, and my screen name.

Years
Just for the record, I was thinking Pokemon Golden Sun Edition, not Golden Sun.
You called your game Pokemon Lunar Edition and I didn't say it was called Lunar did I? I was just thinking Pokemon Golden Sun because there is already Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green so why not Golden Sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back