• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
It has been a while since i posted but i have great news! I caught a shiny Zigzagoon on my Pokemon X version after 476 REs!

Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Loves to eat

I have a picture of her on my facebook if you don't know what a shiny zigzagoon looks like.

Years
I haven't managed to grab anything on X or Y yet - I bought X myself, got Y for my birthday tomorrow and accidentally ended up with a second X for free from a mix up! So I'm playing through the game and avidly soft resetting for a shiny Fennekin.

Anyone heard the rumours of lowered odds? I'm desperately hoping they aren't true...

Huge congrats on the Mareep and anything else you guys have found!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have heard rumours of a lower odds, but I haven't found one yet but I have been rushing through the game like I always do the first time.Blaziken speed boost is just over powered haha. I haven't used anything else but my EV trained Blaziken.

I would get another 3DS to SR on but seeing how long the SRing takes on X/Y I really don't ever want to do it haha.

How did you end up with a free copy >.> I'm jealous... Need to learn where to get free things in England haha.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
There are rumors every generation about lowered odds because everyone is playing the game. More people more shinies!

I am hatching Fennekin, got a JPN one in wonder trade! Already got a box but I need to catch Z-thing.

Years
the friend safari seems to be good place to catch them, I just another one there, female espurr this time. going to evolve it since I've seen pictures of the shiny meowstic and it looks nice.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I also have heard about shinies being more likely in X/Y. I don't own it, though, so I can't share my findings on the matter. Hopefully within the next few months I'll be able to get a hold of a 3DS so I can buy Y version.
In the meantime, I've been meaning to download an Arceus from Pokecheck so I can get the lvl1 Dialga on HG/SS. It isn't for myself...I intend to soft reset for a shiny one as a gift for a friend. This'll be my first shiny hunt in quite a while (I haven't been playing Pokemon much), not including RNG abuse.

Congratulations on the new X/Y shinies I'm seeing popping up here. [:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I havent caught any shiny pokemon but I am looking for a shiny absol and could use and tips there besides that I will probably put my shinies on the GTS for other people to enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if
a. the masuda method works in x
b. what shiny pokemon look like on the pokeradar on x

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
My first shiny i ever caught was a magikarp >_< worst day ever lol. i have been hunting a shiny tentacool and a Gengar

does anybody know if trading is allowed?

Last edited:
Years
So I've heard that not only are Xerneas and Yveltal shiny locked, but the other legendaries in X and Y are shiny locked as well. This absolutely infuriates me. How do the rest of y'all feel about it?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I heard someone got a shiny Moltres on X. Now I'm not so sure. I wish they wouldn't shiny lock them all the time. Leaves no way to see them look amazing and special.

Flydro

doobz
Years
What's up everyone? Might not remember because I haven't been active in a while but I was a member here a while back. I'm back playing the games and shiny hunting so I'm having fun again. I had stopped hunting altogether for about eight months but I've been playing again doing some light hunting for a couple days. I lost count on my old hunts so I just started fresh with everything, but I got really lucky and found a shiny today on my Platinum version!

Spoiler:

Took 427 SRs, and she shone on the 2nd SR of the day! Took me completely by surprise, but I'm very happy. I really hoped for a Male because I already had a cool nickname for it, but I'm gonna name this Sassy lil girl something nice too. I'm mainly glad I can finally start playing in Sinnoh for the first time ever, and I'll have a bunch of new pokemon to hunt. Gonna continue my shiny Dratini hunt on SS and Eevee on HG while I play through Platinum a little until I find my next target. Congrats on the shinies caught since I was last here, welcome to the new members, and good luck to all on their hunts! :]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I got a heck of a surprise through my first run through of X on Victory Road.

Got a Shiny Druddigon in a single encounter battle on my first time on victory road. Sorry the in battle is blurry. It was hard to get a picture of just it. Wish they had some kind of 3DS in game screenshot other that the picture ares.

Spoiler:

it's been awhile since I last posted here so I don't know if I can still count as a member but I managed to catch a shiny Pumpkaboo today:
Spoiler:

I really like the colour sceme of it. not going to evolve it yet though in case it's evolution isn't as nice looking.

I'm going to try getting a shiny skrelp by breeding though with all the changes to stuff I'm not sure if the

Masuda method works in x and y...

Ooo I like that shiny. Love the color. It is even more Halloweenish. Very nice shiny to get in October indeed.

Gratz to everyone else who got a shiny.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Hey everyone!

Well last night I got a shiny Roselia after 8,647 RE's on White 2:

Spoiler:

It wasn't what I was hunting for but I'm still happy. Currently I'm hunting Pinsir/Female Combee in White 2 and Black. Also dual hunting Charmander in FireRed/LeafGreen at around 5,000-5,500 SRs. I got Pokemon X on Monday been playing it slowly, initially I was going to SR for a starter but I was just too eager to start playing.

Congrats to everyone on their shinies and good luck on your hunts!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
even though this dosent count, i downloaded a shiny giratina on white 2

m new here , congrats its amazing looking , and you weren't even trying .

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
well, i havent been in here in a while. Since July, i do believe. and yes, im still alive.

I picked up my copy of X with full intention of resetting for Froakie (and Charmander) but after 3 days of it not showing up, i decided to just pick up the next female i came across and run with it. i also decided to shiny hunt for my team and whoever shone, was my next party member. Well, after about a day after i took my Froakie and run, this guy appeared:

Spoiler:

yeah, i know, thats a bad pic. here's another:

Spoiler:

the one on the left is mine, which is the shiny one. it's now evolved to its second stage

im hunting Route 3 now (after getting the first badge). mainly hoping for Fletchling, but wouldnt mind Bunnelby or Dunsparce

Edit:

The one Pokemon i didnt want to appear, did:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I've dropped over 60 hours onto my copy of X in the last half-week. I come bearing News!

SHINY GROWLITHE out of a Friend Safari. I still have nothing to take pictures, sorry guys and gals.

Male (lvl 30, everything in Friend Safari is)

Nature - Impish
Ability - Justified
Characteristic - Capable of taking hits

HP 81
ATK 55
DEF 45
SpATK 50
SpDEF 42
Speed 41

"Serebii info - It also appears that the Pokémon found within the Friend Safari have got two IVs of 31. "

Looking at these stats, untouched, can anyone tell me where the 31's are on his IVs?

Back