• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Black & White Starter Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Hi, this is my second tool for editing Pokemon Black and White. A Starter Editor.

Notes:
- As for now, the program can only change what starter Pokemon YOU get, so when you open the box from Prof. Juniper at the beginning of the game, the screen will still shows Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. I still have no idea on how to edit that.
- This program support both ROM (.nds) and NARC (a/0/5/7).
- This program will not change the Pokemon that your rivals/friends get, since it need to be edited in another narc. I don't think I'll add it.

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - The first version.
v1.0.1 - Remove the alt form from list, add in function to edit the starter's level.

Credits:
- Andibad, for all the information on where to edit.

Please try the program (and with caution) and report here if there's any bugs.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmm... this seems good I might try it.
But it would be good if it could edit your rivals starter pokémon too.

Years
For editing pokemon rival you can used BWTE, is not gba ROM, so don't compare with gba tools ~, is not same... and i forgot tell to netalzero some byte but is easy to edit on A/0/0/3 (dialog).

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2011
My Emolga lv5 (starter) dosn't like to gain exp, is this a known bug?

Sorry it might of been my ROM of White on DeSmu...

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If I consider the fact that this tool works then the problem is with your ROM =)
You probably did not download EXP gaining (or whatever it is called :D) patch, that's why your pokemon won't get EXPs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
To change your rival's starter you'll have to change their Trainer Data with Kazo's Trainer Editor.

and you'd probally have to change the image too.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
it doesnt load my roms : pokemon black.nds

Invalid file type. This tool can only work with NARC file or ROM file (*.nds).

but it is a ROM file .... please help me!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2011
yeah i fixed the problem it was an unpatched uk rom, but it works fine with a patched us version, thanks again.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
why

Hi, this is my second tool for editing Pokemon Black and White. A Starter Editor.

Notes:
- As for now, the program can only change what starter Pokemon YOU get, so when you open the box from Prof. Juniper at the beginning of the game, the screen will still shows Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. I still have no idea on how to edit that.
- This program support both ROM (.nds) and NARC (a/0/5/7).
- This program will not change the Pokemon that your rivals/friends get, since it need to be edited in another narc. I don't think I'll add it.

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - The first version.
v1.0.1 - Remove the alt form from list, add in function to edit the starter's level.

Credits:
- Andibad, for all the information on where to edit.

Please try the program (and with caution) and report here if there's any bugs.
why i double click the program it appear need to run the program.how?

AmiEkcona

Pokemon Master
Years
It won't work with my .nds rom, it says "Invalid file type. This tool can only work with narc files and NDS roms (.nds)."

Years
Hey ELESACHAMOMILE4th, I've exaplained in the last thread and in the VM, so I won't go into all the detail again ;)

neltazero, if you need this thread reopened so you can post an update or something like that, just contact either DrFuji or myself and we'll reopen it for you. In the meantime, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back