• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
rsgh5 said:
i'm in a bad mood at the moment because i found out that the occupation i want in the future will require me to know spanish...

There there... *pats rsgh5 on the back* I know it looks tough, but you're never too old to learn a new language, you know. Really, all it boils down to is whether you think your future occupation would be worth learning spanish for. And if you DO decide to learn spanish as a second language, I can tell you with complete certainty that you'll never have difficulty finding a job. Bilingual people are incredibly in demand - especially spanish-speaking ones. We have so many Hispanic people in the country that it's almost necessary, especially in the medical industry. I hope everything works out for you! ^_^

rsgh5 said:
um... since aaryn never comes anymore, i propose that we come up with a new member list and set of rules which i will edit into my first post (which is like post 3 or 4 or something). some of aaryn's rules, especially regarding member status, were kinda weird. so are there any rules that people would suggest we have? or does it not even matter to you, and we should leave things as they are?

*reads them through again* Well... I think that rules 1, 2, 4, and 6 are keepers, although they could probably use some rewording, at least for clarity's sake. The others I dunno about... Rule three is out of date if Aaryn isn't coming back, but I still think she should keep her title as founder, just the same. If she ever comes back, I think she should be able to return as she was before, too. If she's anything like me, sometimes she loses interest in Pokemon for a little while, but she always comes back to it eventually. ^_^

Rule 5 sounds kinda iffy... I think it might be better to designate two or three "sub-moderators" to keep this thread in order, but I don't think a whole caste system is necessary, lol. I think the number of shinies caught is more than enough of a title. Besides, we're all equals in the fight to seek out the shinies, so really, why say one member is higher in rank than another one? Aside from the Sub-mods, I think everyone should have the same title - shiny hunter. :)

Although it will be hard to prove they're doing otherwise in a lot of circumstances, I think it should be said that no member must ever claim to have caught a shiny when they really haven't. :( I know a lot of us don't own digital cameras or scanners, so we really won't have a clue, but we've already had at least one person sour the mood with false claims. And of course, the lying isn't really what's so bad. It's all the hurt feelings and disrespect that happens when that person lashes out at people who've called them on it. At any rate, although I'd hate for it to have to be actually put into words, I think we ought to make this rule:

No member under any circumstances must ever make false claims about the shinies they've caught. Doing so disrespects not only those who have hunted and hunted but have yet to find even one, but also those who have been lucky enough to catch one or more. And so, such an act breaks rule 1, and will result in immediate expulsion from the Shiny Hunters Club.

That's just my own take on it. You can decide whether it's reasonable or not. :) That's not really my place, ya know?

MetalMario said:
Back on topic, I finally caved and set up a photobucket account. Go see the photo-evidence-ness:

Rofl! I can see your head reflected in the GB screen! :P Congrats on your shinies! I'm so envious! :20:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Shuko said:
That's just my own take on it. You can decide whether it's reasonable or not. :) That's not really my place, ya know?
so you say everybody should be shiny members (except for the fancy people like me and SGM), but you say that it's not your place to state your opinion? tsk, tsk... you seem confused *shakes head* i'm fairly sure aaryn isn't coming back, although it would be good to respect him should he ever chose to make a return... but i don't think we need to worry about that. i'm not sure if posting rules and member list on the 15th post would be very effective either... though SGM and i are the only regular members who have posts on the first page and he already is in charge of the dex... if it would be anybody's responsibility to maintain rules and a member list, it would be me. i dunno, i just feel like some of our new members deserve recognition and the rules are outdated slightly...
i also have an idea for a very small yet effective way of identifying with the SHC (there was some mix up earlier) and i'll get working on it soon to see if anybody likes it.
and regarding spanish... i think it's quite rediculous to make somebody who wants to be an english teacher be fluent in spanish... if i'm teaching english, i'll teach in english... not spanish.

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
spanish is a nightmare, i dropped it, u could say that u might use it if a foreign kid comes to ur school

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Here
  • Seen Jun 13, 2005
Another Shiny for Chris *sighs and gets the chainsaw*
Well with me I realy dont have the attentionspan to look for chamander but I'm still(slowly) trying
In Sapphire I got another box full of Seviper Eggs...No shininess X_x...Chriiis*has chainsaw*

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
hey dont let it bother u i think u will get a seviper, they are my favorite shiny from ruby/sapphire

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
well my second is the lovely green huntail which chris could turn his clampearl into, the SHC does need one after all, than he can email me the game that the poke is on!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
do we seriously have all those pokemon in the dex?? from real members? not just members who posted once to say "hey i caught such and such" and we never hear from them again? for instance... i have no recolection of who caught a shiny electabuzz... (no offence if it's you)

Latias Lover!

the forgotten cherry blossom
Years
Um... Can I join the Shiny Hunters Club? I caught three shinies and they are a shiny Spheal, Tentacool, and Espeon. My Tentacool is now a green Tentacruel and the Spheal is a Walrein now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
yaya, join now! welcome aboard, you can call me rsgh5/ryan/whatever you want. SGM and i are in charge here (mwahhaaha) we'll be watching you. only not really... just don't be mean to anybody and there shouldn't be problems (sorry, but we've had bad experiences with 10 year old girls)

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
well it seems like people stop in like once or twice
and then what, gone forever

i know i was away for months and than came back
idk though

Latias Lover!

the forgotten cherry blossom
Years
Thanks. I was searching for a shiny Latias ever since... But that means I have to restart over and over to find a shiny Latias... So I decided that I should catch a shiny Rayquaza (that's easy because I just start over and over until I get the right one)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
not that i'm aware of... crystal butterfree, i don't know if this is true or not, but i rember something being said about you duplicating your evees? (the shiny ones) if that's true, i need you to discount all but one (sorry, but we don't allow cheated pokemon) so if you cheated to get shiny umbreon or shiny espeon, tell us which you'd like to be recognized for in the dex.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
awesome, i'm glad to know it. i did misread, sorry about that.

Years
Couldn't the mods do a thread merge? Ryan could create a new thread with the same or similar title, then the existing club could be merged into it. Voila, new thread owner and no more annoying closed poll. :)

Back