• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Nature's Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Thanks guys!

@Ty 101

Hey, everyone has their opinion. Thanks for the review. ;)

@PokemonOI

Well, I will use HG/SS for most minor things, since it is so easy to get them in RPG Maker XP format. For major characters, I will HAVE to use Mystery Dungeon. The problem is, the PMD sprites have a black outline, the HG/SS sprites are shaded D/P/Pt. style. They still mix together pretty well though. Overall, I do like Mystery Dungeon sprites better.

@Spira

Thanks! That's the answer I've been waiting for for a while now! Comments like this really encourage me to keep going. Thanks for that. :D I hope that I can keep the storyline interesting, and hopefully throw in a few twists here and there. ;)

@rockeymon

Thank you! By animation, you mean the overworlds? Yes, I am going to work on that too. ;) The problem with the overworlds you posted is that Photobucket re-sized them. And I will use the HG/SS sprites for most minor Pokémon.

OK, I'll have some sprites of Ferling Grounds soon! I have a decently unique idea for the Pokémon Centers. I used some Shade thing used in Emerald for Slateport City, and they are basically the stalls of the Centers and Marts. Chansey will be waiting there so that she can heal "friends", and the typical Kecleon brothers are always there to help with your item needs. :)

A question for you all. Would you prefer to be able to name your character? Or would you rather have him named according to the storyline? And can you suggest any changes to the game dialogue and such so far? Thanks so much!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Very unique storyline, it blends the good parts of Pokemon mystery dungeon (being a pokemon and the sort of more laid back nature) and the good parts of the main games (battle system, graphics and longetivity). And I love Treeko!
I haven't been able to look at the video or download the beta yet btw.
The screenshots are... I say this every time but, I hate the bland look! I really think you should reconsider using that and maybe use a more bright look, especially since that would suit the story more too.
And keep Geeko's name Geeko.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Point taken. I'm thinking of slightly modifying Kyledove's tiles to give the a higher contrast, a brighter green look. I'll post screenshots when this is finished. :)

Here's the new tiles! I think it looks much better now! :D

NewTiles.png
SilcooninTrouble.png

ZzzZzzZzzNewTiles.png
NestAsleep.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
hey this game looks great! the new tiles do look better... one question, would the OW of treecko change when it evolves?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Point taken. I'm thinking of slightly modifying Kyledove's tiles to give the a higher contrast, a brighter green look. I'll post screenshots when this is finished. :)

Here's the new tiles! I think it looks much better now! :D

NewTiles.png
SilcooninTrouble.png

ZzzZzzZzzNewTiles.png
NestAsleep.png
Cool! Really glad I could help :)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
So when are we going to get another update? I noticed the map you posted on the map rating thread so I hope that the next one includes lots of them. More people should be posting on this...

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
OK guys! I have an update for you! I will show you a couple of things. Firstly, the new Chansey Rest Stop (Pokémon Center), and the usual Kecleon Mart (PokéMart). The Happiny next to Chansey will give you the Healing Beans, which will act like leftovers and restore a party member's health.

ChanseyRestStop.png

KeckleonMart.png

During your adventuring, you may find Portable Rest Stops, where a Chansey will charge you a fee to use her services. Hopefully this will make it easier to restore health, but at a price.

Secondly, there is a new event coming up. You get to see a suspicious Baltoy surveying the Ferling Grounds and the Loti Forest. :)

Baltoy1.png

Baltoy2.png

Looks like he must be working for somebody. Geeko will have to find out what. :P

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Leftovers instead of potions/berries? Good idea. Looking forward to seeing what that Baltoy is doing. And one last thing, the Kecleon, Chansey and Happiny are in front of the roof things even though their feet are inside it :\

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Berries will also be included. Anyway, here's a sneak peak at the entrance to the PokéWatcher's Camp. Still trying to figure out what it could look like. Any suggestions?

PokeWatcherEntry.png

This should lead to the PokéWatcher's campout... But there's trees in the way!
Mirage.png

Ah! Very nice protection. :P
Kadabr.png

Kadabra, the source of the mirage trees.​

Thanks!

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
It's been a while but I like how your story is progressing. Definitely can't wait to see how this unravels. Also nice touch on the PokeMart and Pokemon Center alternatives for this game.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Do not revive threads that haven't been posted in in over a month. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back