• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
Years
i have to agree with cipher on the triads game. its freakin awesome!! i remember spending half a day just beating the crap out of some dude in it so i could get better cards. and having chose squirtle as my starter i find myself constantly saying in tough situations "Squirtle. Dont believe in yourself! Believe me that believes you! Who the hell do you think we are!!!" good times. gooooood times.

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
Hey cipher, here's your patch. Sorry for the wait. I've been busy like I said before. Just go into your Data folder and replace the given map with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a66asr4rx3emwl0

map083.rxdata will be replaced and should work like a charm. The only problem is that there is no way to recover the item that you lost. Unless, you email me your save file, then I can add the dragonite pokeball to your inventory again and you can continue. Just let me know.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Is the Dragonite pokeball necessary to advance the game later on? If not, I can probably do without.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
Glad to see this game is getting more attention. You guys have really put in a lot of work, and that needs to be recognized by the community.

thepsynergist

Years
Glad to see this game is getting more attention. You guys have really put in a lot of work, and that needs to be recognized by the community.

Heh, it's been just me and my friend R-Taco. He does sprites and I do everything else :/

@CipherDS Unfortuneatly, yes. The way I organized the script is that you need the Pokeball to trigger the Event. Like I said, I could easily give you the ingame item. All I need is your save and I can import it. No use in starting the game all over again.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Haha, it's been a while since I checked out your thread.
And you have a demo now! :D
Yay! Can't wait to try this out!
Keep up the good work!

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
Years
^for sure. i just wish my lappy was good enough to play any sort of game =[. oh well. my comp should be back up in a week or so. anyways keep up the good work! Well all be cheering for you guys!!

thepsynergist

Years
JUST WONDERING, BUT CAN I GET A SKELETANK IN THE DEMO?

Not yet, but next demo, I will incorperate the evolution of Marowak to Skeletank. Reason being, he's way too powerful for you to access this early in the game. You will find the item required to level a little before the 7th gym.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^oh ok playing the demo right now, and it looks pretty good. I like the remixes a lot.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
The DEMO,Takes 500-Something MB?I only had about 399 or something.So this better be Smaller when you Finish.

thepsynergist

Years
The DEMO,Takes 500-Something MB?I only had about 399 or something.So this better be Smaller when you Finish.

I've been trying to slim down the file size, but its hard when you have a video in avi format and the soundtrack is all mp3's. The max filesize I plan on having is 700mb so that I can distribute it on CD once its finished. Just know that is the MAX size it will ever be. I'll try to make it as small as possible. What I did already was make the bitrate of all the mp3's to 128kbps instead of the 192. That helped but the game will be large, I'm sorry.

Update: I'm starting work on mapping out the northwestern Kyushu region. Expect another demo by November if everything works out. I've been kinda busy making the soundtrack for CNG's Pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Psynergist, who is your intended audience for this game?

Put another way, when a player picks up your game, what prior knowledge should they have to fully appreciate Pokemon Pyrite?

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Mm, not quite what I was getting at. Now, obviously people with a prior interest in Pokemon are going to be trying out your game, but can any Pokemon fan play this game and fully understand it? Or should they watch certain episodes of the anime, read certain comic books or play a specific generation of the games to fully "get" what's happening in Pyrite?

Basically, I'm wondering whether Pyrite is a prequel to Pokemon Gold/Silver, or whether this is set in the middle of the manga storyline.

thepsynergist

Years
Mm, not quite what I was getting at. Now, obviously people with a prior interest in Pokemon are going to be trying out your game, but can any Pokemon fan play this game and fully understand it? Or should they watch certain episodes of the anime, read certain comic books or play a specific generation of the games to fully "get" what's happening in Pyrite?

Basically, I'm wondering whether Pyrite is a prequel to Pokemon Gold/Silver, or whether this is set in the middle of the manga storyline.

When I first started making Pyrite, I intended it to be a prequel, but since the game is almost nothing like the manga/anime its hard to place it in a timeline. I'm trying to make it work like a prequel, you'll see how it ties up in the end.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
The reason I'm asking these questions, Psynergist, is because there are some very odd moments popping up in the storyline.

-When Silver first meets Lance, they recognize each other and Silver boasts about how he previously defeated the dragon trainer. When did this happen?

-Immediately after, Lance tells Silver that he's looking for the Mask of Ice, and Silver says something to the effect of, "What, the Mask of Ice? You mean that jerk who stole my memories?! Let me at him!"
If Silver cannot remember his memories, how does he remember that he cannot remember?
Furthermore, when you later meet Green and Blue, Silver is suddenly clueless about the Mask of Ice, and has to ask the other trainers to explain who this villain is.

thepsynergist

Years
The reason I'm asking these questions, Psynergist, is because there are some very odd moments popping up in the storyline.

-When Silver first meets Lance, they recognize each other and Silver boasts about how he previously defeated the dragon trainer. When did this happen?

-Immediately after, Lance tells Silver that he's looking for the Mask of Ice, and Silver says something to the effect of, "What, the Mask of Ice? You mean that jerk who stole my memories?! Let me at him!"
If Silver cannot remember his memories, how does he remember that he cannot remember?
Furthermore, when you later meet Green and Blue, Silver is suddenly clueless about the Mask of Ice, and has to ask the other trainers to explain who this villain is.

Oh, lol, I should fix that. He only remember's bits and pieces, or else he'd have no idea that he'd lost his memories. But, yeah, I agree, I need to fix the dialogue. Thanks for catching that for me.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
One other thing I was curious about: traditionally, Professor Oak's grandson is named "Gary" or "Blue" in the games. How did you decide on the name Green?

Back