• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You shop where, now?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Do you shop at specific stores for your various needs, whether they be food, clothing or otherwise, or do you stick to stores like Wal-Mart? Additionally, do you shop there because of the brand names they carry, the convenience or just the aesthetic appearance of the store/merchandise? Will you purposely avoid places like Wal-Mart so you can say you buy mostly brand name merchandise?

Years
Do you shop at specific stores for your various needs, whether they be food, clothing or otherwise, or do you stick to stores like Wal-Mart? Additionally, do you shop there because of the brand names they carry, the convenience or just the aesthetic appearance of the store/merchandise? Will you purposely avoid places like Wal-Mart so you can say you buy mostly brand name merchandise?

I'm guilty of shopping at Wal-Mart for snacks because of Wal-Mart's low prices, which is good for me because I don't want to go buy the same items at a grocery store for full price. If you're tight on cash, you want to save at every turn. Which means you'll be giving Wal-Mart a lot of your business.

BTW, I love your avatar.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I hate Walmart. It disgusts me.

There's a local version called Meijer that I frequent, though it's not a whole lot better.

I get almost all of my clothes from thrift stores too. Not because hipster, but because college student with minimum wage job woohoo. I do find some really nice stuff in there sometimes, I've even found things with tags still on which is better than crap with mystery stains which... are to always be avoided.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I shop at American Eagle for my clothes. It's a decently priced store that doesn't slap obvious logos on their clothes like the lesser Aeropostale and doesn't have a chain of the exact same clothing in their stores with a different logo like Abercrombie does, and the employees are a lot cooler than the forcefulness that is Hollister.

For everything else (and even for clothes sometimes), Target is my go-to place.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
For my daily needs I just pop in to my local ASDA/wal-mart but for other stuff like clothes I find them else where like NEXT.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
When I'm back in Canada.. Forever XII.. just because I know the clothes actually will fit me.

Over here in the UK? : | I just try em and take a gamble. I like topshop though, but everywhere always has a limited petite section.

Try on 40 things take home maybe 1 or 2 things.. :cc So depressing. Plus I am really picky.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
My dream is to shop in a Wal-Mart since we don't have them here. /cut

As for food, I always go to the supermarket 3 minutes from my house because it's close so why the hell wouldn't you? I don't think I've ever bought clothes from anywhere other than Cotton On, Factorie, Adidas or Nike stores.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'd be the first to admit that I get all my food, pencils, papers, movies & games from Walmart, as its my ALL-TIME FAVORITE STORE!! Its like the mini-mall, how can anyone hate it? My mom always go to Kmart instead or shops @ Meijer because she works there and all. That's why when I want something, I'd have to get it myself x) I'm like Walmart's #1 customer or its #1 traveler lolol

Clothes however, I go to American Eagle for that stuff. Those are my two most popular places you will see me shop. Heck, I go to Walmart to just walk around in circle or even play the games on display for an hour every night! Love staying out till 2AM in the morning lol

So yeah. Of course I'd love to walk around in the mall (Where American Eagle is anyway), but its a 25 minute drive while I could just walk to Walmart for 25 minutes. I prefer walking or biking a 15 minute ride to Walmart ;) Not to mention you see someone you knew from school & they want to catch up...& the feeling of not wanting to talk..is the only thing I pretty much try to avoid these days x)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I shop at various places, but my favorite place to shop at is at Target; it has virtually everything.

Years
I mostly stick to Wal-Mart for major food runs because it's the cheapest place closest to my house and it has everything I'll need. I feel a bit guilty about it but tbh I don't have much spare money and it's convenient. :( After that, lately I hit up HyVee for food, since it's within walking distance of the mall. Sometimes I'll go to the local grocery store nearby too.

If I need PJs or socks or work shoes, I pick it up at Wal-Mart. Other clothes, usually JC Penny because cheap/out of habit. I work at the mall though, so I ever want to expand my horizons, there are other clothing stores to choose from.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Let me remember....

For Fresh Veggies and fruits my family goes to a small store called McPherson's, its always fresh from the farms... some veggies that are starting to go a bit bad, they sell them really cheap, but for me the bad part is that if we don't shop early in the morning, before 10, all the great stuff is gone, plus the parking lot really sucks, really small and always jammed with cars, nearby intersection makes it a nightmare getting in or out of the store's parking lot.

For other groceries, we go to Safeway. For Seafood, my family goes to an Asian Market just simply called "Seattle Asian Market"

That's pretty much the only stores we frequent the most. For other stuff like shirts/jerseys or computer equipment to movies, I go online, except for shoes, which I buy at Wal-Mart, pants and shorts I buy at Target. Both Target and Wal-Mart are kind of far from my home, so first I go to Goodwill to search first.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I shop wherever's nearest to me at the time of realising I need to buy things. Today I bought a week's shopping from a local corner shop, so I don't really mind too much where my stuff comes from. I wouldn't shop anywhere ridiculously expensive or somewhere that I know has bad quality merchandise, but I'm certainly not fussy when it comes to shopping.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I have a seething hate for Wal-Mart due to the horrible way they treat their employees. I mean, I've heard horror stories about people having to work two hours' overtime WITHOUT PAY so they could avoid being full-time. I've also heard about security guards being fired because they apprehended a shoplifter and knocked away his gun when he produced it in the interrogation room (they were supposed to just let him shoot up the store for everyone's safety - I AM SERIOUS).

So really, I don't like shopping at the mega-chains. I prefer going to Amazon and researching higher-quality products which I usually buy from there. Why spend $10 on something that'll last two months when you can spend $20 on something that will last two years?

I really don't care about brand names at all. I just buy whatever is the best quality for the price. I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The only thing I shop for is entertainment. I don't buy clothes or food (in the grocery sense of the word) habitually, so I don't have any need to go to specialty stores for those.

The main store I go to for entertainment is JB Hi Fi, which is designed for that purpose. Though I always do check K-Mart and Target etc to see if I can get it there cheaper :P (I also get 5% staff discount at both of those places which helps lol).

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't shop in a specific store, really, because we have a store of our own. But when it comes to clothes, I always go to a really popular mall in our country, SM. It has tons of branches, and one is just a short walk from our house. Convenient.

Years
I'll buy stuff from anywhere as long as it's not Walmart. I do sometimes prefer to buy one specific brand of something, but often I just go to the nearest store that I can trust to get stuff.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Three stores in particular. For food/groceries, I go to Food 4 Less/Kroger's. The food, especially the fruit are very cheap and they last pretty long. :D For clothing, it's a tie between Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, and Old Navy. For anything else, it's either Walmart, Best Buy, or Staples. :P

I never go to walmart for groceries. I got sick from buying their meat one time. Never doing so again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I try to avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, but I do get their generic-brand over the counter medications since they're cheap and unlike their food, their meds are still of decent quality. I wish we had a Target nearby because the few times I've been in there I've enjoyed it much more than Wal-Mart.

Currently for groceries, I shop at any local store not called Wal-Mart. But my preferred grocery chain back when I was in college in North Carolina was Harris Teeter, and once I can get myself back down there I'll be grocery shopping with them exclusively. I usually get paper products and household goods like cleaning liquids at the grocery store since it's all right there.

I get virtually all of my clothes as gifts for Christmas and such, so I have no idea where they come from. For other things, Barnes and Noble is my go-to place for manga, anime DVD's have to be bought online (either at Amazon or Right Stuf) since there aren't any good brick and mortar stores that carry a decent selection of them since Best Buy cut their selection. And it's usually Best Buy for electronics and GameStop for video games.

And this locally owned anime store about 45 minutes away is a good place for more obscure/out of print manga and things like posters and figurines, but for DVD's their selection is actually on the small side and they charge MSRP for everything (when it's much cheaper on Amazon and Right Stuf).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I buy my socks from Next because I'm ridiculously heavy on my feet, and Next make these great socks that don't manage to disintegrate within the space of a month. Apart from that, I have surprisingly little shop loyalty; for the most part, I'll go wherever seems to be cheapest and/or nicest to buy my food/clothes/DVDs/cinema trips/whatever else I spend my money on. It might be a bit of an extra walk, but I could do with the exercise, and the savings will eventually build up to something tangible in the end. :D

Back