• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
First person is weird after doing second person for so long. Gaah I think I did a bit better with the tenses.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
First person can be easier to do if you write in past tense :3 Like Vinnie's and Candice's last posts. At least I think so. But present first person makes for the most alive feeling to the text, I imagine. *goes to read*

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yeah I kept slipping into past tense but I thought it might sound better in present. Maybe I'll change it to past.

EDIT: Fff. I'm pretty sure I slipped into future tense. I wasn't even thinking about future tense. Great.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
And so did Evan! I like it :3 just know that you are still allowed to write in another format if you want to.

Hahaha Vinnie destroying Candice's bathroom... I get an urge to play Tulio Greyson (her father) for a little reaction now.

Otherworld, did you have a plan for where he went? Now when he's not in his room.

Awesome~ Can't wait to see the reaction then.
Well, knowing her dad, I imagined him going to the bathroom, tbh... xD Then when she disappeared into her room, he wondered where his steel bat was...

I'm not even sure if I'm writing in past or present tense...I managed to avoid future tense though.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I tried to keep things in past tense, but this is honestly my first writing in first person (a first for firsts)

Man, do you guys ever have that weird feeling that a word is weirder than other words when you say that word over and over? Like right now I'm contemplating on whether first or weird is the weirdest word, ya know? Gaaah! I'm so freaking weird. Weird...weird...yup. Thats definately weirder than the word first...but the word word is pretty weird too...like....world..but word. Ya know?

RAGE.

(Fujin and Rajin nod)

I'm sorry, I'm off the meds right now. Word...word...weird....first.....word...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Future tense? Haha, wow :D

@ Otherworld - Oops... haha, well, he could have returned to his room just before Vinnie massacred the bathroom.

@ Lt. Col. - XD I know exactly what you mean, I hate when that happens! You can't use a certain word for a while because it feels sooo weird. We have a term for that here in Sweden: "non-word". When you say a word too much so that it becomes a non-word.

EDIT: While I think it's a good and fun thing that we explore different tenses and views of writing from in this RP, things are getting a bit too confusing now ^^' It's nice if the posts are smooth enough to read. Re-read your post when you've finished writing it, before you post it, to spot any weird changes in tenses and correct them. Thank you :3

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I tried to keep things in past tense, but this is honestly my first writing in first person (a first for firsts)

Man, do you guys ever have that weird feeling that a word is weirder than other words when you say that word over and over? Like right now I'm contemplating on whether first or weird is the weirdest word, ya know? Gaaah! I'm so freaking weird. Weird...weird...yup. Thats definately weirder than the word first...but the word word is pretty weird too...like....world..but word. Ya know?

RAGE.

(Fujin and Rajin nod)

I'm sorry, I'm off the meds right now. Word...word...weird....first.....word...

I always have that happen to me. When ever I type out a word so much, or even say it often, it sounds...weird. It happens a lot with "However" and "because." xD Even the word "word" sounds weird...

Future tense? Haha, wow :D

@ Otherworld - Oops... haha, well, he could have returned to his room just before Vinnie massacred the bathroom.

@ Lt. Col. - XD I know exactly what you mean, I hate when that happens! You can't use a certain word for a while because it feels sooo weird. We have a term for that here in Sweden: "non-word". When you say a word too much so that it becomes a non-word.

EDIT: While I think it's a good and fun thing that we explore different tenses and views of writing from in this RP, things are getting a bit too confusing now ^^' It's nice if the posts are smooth enough to read. Re-read your post when you've finished writing it, before you post it, to spot any weird changes in tenses and correct them. Thank you :3

Yeah, I figured as much. xD

As for the tenses...I hope I did okay. I reread it and corrected a few errors here and there. I type out the first-type narratives the way the character would think them as. Maybe I should tone it down and leave out a few details.

First person is quite fun to write, but sometimes I go too far and include useless details, especially with mental conflicts.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
HUZZAH!

I've finally made it to act two of Homestuck. Its so addicting.
backpain-1292835351.jpg

On other news, I've officially joined the first person revolution. I guess it wasn't as bad as I somehow expected it to be, but I did sort of enjoy second person more… I think?

I don't know, let me know what you think. If you really prefer first person I guess I could just stick with it. /shrugs

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, I figured as much. xD

As for the tenses...I hope I did okay. I reread it and corrected a few errors here and there. I type out the first-type narratives the way the character would think them as. Maybe I should tone it down and leave out a few details.

First person is quite fun to write, but sometimes I go too far and include useless details, especially with mental conflicts.
Nah, I like your details! And I'm starting to get used to the tense flips so don't worry about it anymore ^^ We really get to feel what Candice is feeling.

HUZZAH!

GOOD BOY.

images

^

On other news, I've officially joined the first person revolution. I guess it wasn't as bad as I somehow expected it to be, but I [i]did[/i] sort of enjoy second person more… I think?

I don't know, let me know what you think. If you really prefer first person I guess I could just stick with it. /shrugs[/QUOTE]
This is the only part that happened to be in past tense:

[I]I went ahead and searched for her around the house but somehow I couldn't find her until I saw her coming out from a shed…[/I]

Other than that, awesome :3[/FONT][/FONT]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
HUZZAH!

Act 1 was good around the end. Act 2 is very good, not gonna lie. =P

I would use a gif, but drunk beat me to it. xD

backpain-1292835351.jpg

On other news, I've officially joined the first person revolution. I guess it wasn't as bad as I somehow expected it to be, but I did sort of enjoy second person more… I think?

I don't know, let me know what you think. If you really prefer first person I guess I could just stick with it. /shrugs

Yeah, took a while to get used to it myself.

I liked it :3 You are way better at it than I am, I can tell you that much. xD

Nah, I like your details! And I'm starting to get used to the tense flips so don't worry about it anymore ^^ We really get to feel what Candice is feeling.

Oh thanks. Hopefully I get better and improve through out the RP. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ drunk - you're allowed to write in second person if you want! I kind of liked your style of doing that. So it's up to you :3

UNIPORTANT EDIIITT: Okay xD I'll decide for you. You'll notice at some point in the story what role you have.

AND NOW. Here comes a MASSIVE explanation of the Roles I have in mind for Checkmate. Differences between this and Homestuck are abundant. Don't bother complaining xD So sit down with a cup of coffee or soda and a piece of snacks and read through this.

NOTE: An aspect does not have to be your main weapon - actually it most often isn't. You still battle with your Strife Specibus weapon!

ROLE = "CLASS" of "ASPECT".
The class points at how you should use your powers and the aspect is the nature of your powers. Note that it will take some time before you learn to use this stuff :p

ASPECTS:
Spoiler:

CLASSES:
Spoiler:

Before we go any further, I should explain that a FRAYMOTIF = battle technique. It can be found or bought around the... the SBURB world. Think of them as MOVES in Pokémon :D

And GOD-TIER is when you have reached the highest level possible for mortals and are able to ascend and become a god-like being with much greater control over your aspect. Also, gods can fly :3

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Red: No Seer of Space?… :(

Honestly, I'd rather just have you surprise me! :D
I feel like it'll be more fun for me like that anyways!

Also, I've been coming up with some planets of my own (I've considered writing a fan-fic xD), let me know what you think, and if you're down you should totally use any of these too!:
Spoiler:

Also,
@Retro: I feel like you should go ahead and post before me… I don't know if there's much for Ricardo to do at this point anyways…

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I actually like how you explained each one and managed to come up with all of this! =P Although I'll have to go with drunk and say that you should probably give us the titles. Surprise us~
That would make it very fun and exciting!

@drunk - I actually like your planet ideas <3 I could say I like the sound of the Land of Amethysts and Caves. Also like the Land of Rocks and Sulfur. I wish I could make a fan fic, but I'm more of a comic drawer. I lose motivation too easily with writing. ^^;

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@drunk - I actually like your planet ideas <3 I could say I like the sound of the Land of Amethysts and Caves. Also like the Land of Rocks and Sulfur. I wish I could make a fan fic, but I'm more of a comic drawer. I lose motivation too easily with writing. ^^;

Ha ha! Me too! xP

When I said I've considered it, I meant I've literally only gave the idea a minuscule amount of thought as I shower/watch the olympics… :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Alright, well I'll start writing my post then. Should be up sometime soon-ish.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was never going to have a seer because that class involves knowing stuff that only I could know, I think.

I'll delete the details and choose for you then :3
But yeah, planets and roles are really fun to play around with.

I might be busy these next days but I'll read the IC as soon as I can.

Also, Otherworld can draw? Do you think you can draw all four characters from Checkmate? :D

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I was never going to have a seer because that class involves knowing stuff that only I could know, I think.

I'll delete the details and choose for you then :3
But yeah, planets and roles are really fun to play around with.

I might be busy these next days but I'll read the IC as soon as I can.

Also, Otherworld can draw? Do you think you can draw all four characters from Checkmate? :D

Seer does involve knowing the outcome, so I guess it does. D: Not sure if it's that exactly or more...

Well, sure. I can try to draw all four, but all I can do is draw cartoons. I'll see if I can draw them by the end of the day. :3 Got no scanner of any sort, so it's going to be taken from an awful photo pic xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Cool! I'm trying again to give you roles now xD It's so damn difficult but I'm trying to look at how you've played the characters as well as on your SUs... since a character often evolves after the RP has started and won't necessarily act completely as their SU says.

EDIT: Theeere. I think I've given you classes and aspects now ;D I hope you'll like them. It was tough between some choices but I tried to balance the selfish/unselfish classes and choose interesting yet not too weird aspects. In total, I'm happy with how it turned out. Eventually you'll find out ;)

unimportant edit: omfg Hussie updated with End of Act 6 Act 3. mind. blown. or rather = what did I just watch?

And sorry that I haven't posted in the IC yet :( I'm writing the post, it's just that I don't have much time so I have to split it up. Soon the famous kernelsprite and IMPENDING DOOM will appear!

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
unimportant edit: omfg Hussie updated with End of Act 6 Act 3. mind. blown. or rather = what did I just watch?
I loved it! :3
It was simply beautiful… in a gory, Saw parody kind of way…

And sorry that I haven't posted in the IC yet :( I'm writing the post, it's just that I don't have much time so I have to split it up. Soon the famous kernelsprite and IMPENDING DOOM will appear![/FONT]
Oh god I can't wait! :knockedou

Back