• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Shiny?

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
First shiny.. was an Eevee someone traded me onto my American Diamond. Then I randomly encountered a shiny tentacool. But I sadly lost my cartridge D: devastated.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
Green Nidoqueen in gold version. I was 8 so I think I traded it to someone for a Piloswine because I have an odd fascination with that Pokemon.

EricOuellet

Crazynerdypeople
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
My first shiny was a Rattata in a LeafGreen emulator. But I found 2 more after which were charmander in a legit LeafGreen and a chikorita in my Soulsilver! And now im hunting in Icy path in Heartgold :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
my first shiny ever was in generation 3. it was a timid ralts and i ev trained it and i transferred it to SS and on to black then onto Black 2 and hopefully i can Transfer it to Gen 6. i love that thing like it was my life XD i have had it since 2003 i was 8 lol

Last edited:
Years
My first shiny... I think it was a shiny Caterpie in 2nd generation. I caught it because it looked pretty, but it was fooled from me by 7 years older kids than me. I traded it for a normal Growlithe. I loved Growlithe, and they made it seem like a fair trade.

After that, well, Red Gyarados. I think that's a little cheaty, though.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have never encountered a random shiny before and after I learned how to RNG abuse. Probably because I stopped playing for years... but I've played through all of the games that I missed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Ratata in my myself made online pokemon game! But if that does nto count(even if my game have the exact chance to make a shiny appear) Fearow in fire red.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Just found a shiny Tenticool in HG. Now I'm up to Growlith from HG, Staravia from Pt, and Zubat from Pt (Now Arcanine, Staraptor, and Crobat respectively) And this new fella I just found

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I've actually had quite a few shiny encounters in my lifetime, but the first one I can remember was a Pidgey in Pokemon Gold. I didn't really understand what a shiny was because it was new and I was young, so I also caught three other Pidgeys that weren't shiny, decided that I didn't like how my file was going, and started a New Game. Then I learned how cool shinies actually were, and went on to get a shiny Gyarados, Tyrogue, Zubat, and Geodude.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
shiny geodude in emerald, then traded it for one of my friends many shiny charmander that he used the clone glitch to obtain

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Excluding shiny Gyarados from Lake of Rage, my first ever shiny was a wild Geodude I came across in Granite Cave next to Dewford Town. I think the first time I caught it, I didn't realize that it was shiny. I just thought it was weird looking. I was such a nub. -.-'

Years
My first shiny I ever encounterd was a Shiny Electrike in my Pokemon Sapphire version. I found it on that route where you battle May on your way to Mauville City. I think I still have it today, and I remember that after I found it and caught it, the damn thing kept me going around the whole Hoenn region looking for other odd-colored Pokemon! Haha.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
Shiny Koffing way back in Gold. I remember I gave my granny a shot of my gameboy colour and she was in the Burnt Tower and it appeared. I got all excited and then stupidly pressed run!
First one I caught (barring red gara) was a Seaking in the Safari Zone in LG. First chained shiny was a Pichu in Plat.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
A lvl 36 Machoke I found near Snowpoint City playing Diamond. It's now a Machamp (still 36)

Back