• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did you get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow?

Did you get rid of it?

• Yes, I did!

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • No, I didn't.

Votes: 166 80.2%

• Total voters

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Come on now, it's Pikachu. I remember trying to be like Ash the best I could at that age (in games).

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I started with red version and each time i played that one i always sought after a pikachu in Viridian Forest. That being said. I more times than not kept my Pikachu in Yellow version.
Until recently i've always had an issue with boxing starters.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
How could I? It's Pikachu.

PIKACHU.

Also, if anyone out there evolved it into Raichu, you're worse than those who abanded their Pikachu.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
I don't seem to recall boxing my Pikachu. I just never really used it. I almost always caught a Nidoran Male before Brock and had a Nidoking before I faced Misty fully loaded with Thrash (which used to be so much better before they changed the turns until confusion) and then I would get the RBG starters and Pikachu would start to lag behind in levels by Lt. Surge... always kept him in the party though

zroc

Pokemon trainer
Years
I never got rid of mine, i couldn't pikachu is my favorite pokemon. Pikachu was the first pokemon i got to Lv 100 and a pokemon i try to have in my party in every game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Well, for starters they're not many Generation I electric types that are easily findable. I don't like getting rid of my starters. Yet the Pikachu made good uses in my gameplay of Yellow.

Dragooncroft

Tomb Raider
Years
What I did was I placed it in my N64 Color Box in Stadium, deleted my old data, put the Pikachu back on my party from the N64 box and was able to then evolve it to a Raichu! Then in the end, I had both a following Pikachu AND a Raichu. I felt that the 'following Pikachu' feature was a unique feature of the game and wanted to keep that in tact. :)

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Never! The sole purpose of buying Yellow is to watch that cute little PIkachu follow you around. Throwing it out is just like buying Blue or Red version all over again.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Yeah I usually get rid of my starters. I like changing around my team and getting different pokemon than the usual. I didn't really have a problem with not evolving Pikachu, it's just that Pikachu is boring. I would much rather have a Jolteon, Electabuzz, Magnemite, etc...

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
When i was a child we had a Pokemon yellow copy along with a Pokemon red, while Pokemon yellow was the first one I did play I always consider Pokemon Red as my first game played. I played yellow as it came out and I was maybe 3 at that time so I ended up being trapped at the first plot wall of the game and never played Pokemon again til I was 5 and that was when I played Pokemon red for the first time. I picked up that old copy I have of the game a hand full of years ago and saw my Pikachu was level 40 because I would spend my time as a young preschooler killing lvl 3 Rattas.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I did eventually. Once i had Pokemon Silver i transferred straight away. I love the old games. So majestic.

tnfsf11

I've only played yellow for a little while but I think I'd never leave him even if he sucked...
I guess because it looked cool following me everywhere, it was the only poke who could do that since there wasn't an overworld sprite for every Pokémon like in gen 4 & afterwards...

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
No, as alot of people did I played as Ash Ketchum and caught every Pokemon Ash caught, I progressed really slowly, especially when I reenacted the Pokemon Battle between 2 metapods... my childhood was fun

Back