• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks Froakie is cute?
I am not a fan of Fire types but I think Fennekin looks cool. Fire Zorua xD
And yes. Chespin looks like a friggin Grass Oshawott. I hope it doesn't evolve weirdly like Oshawott.

Definitely Froakie >w<

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
What are you guys talking about! The. Frog. Is. AWESOME!!

I really love it. I love them all, honestly, but I think Froakie is gonna be Water/Electric, so I love it even more.

I really really hope they do something original for the fire Fox. They got a super cute design, so I'm expecting the last evo to be awesome.

And for the grass one, I think it's gonna end up being Grass/Rock, it's like a leafy Oshawott, which is actually pretty neat.

I'm so happy they did this. A much, much needed change.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I like all of them like I said. Froakie is actually the first Gen VI Pokemon I saw! Haha, maybe I should use it. I'd prefer using all of them actually.

Years
At first I hated Froakie but now I love it. Fennekin is my favourite though it looks awesome. Chespin... it looks like the brain-damaged offspring of an Oshawatt and a pile of mulch.

I'm thinking Frokie will evolve to Water/Fighting, Fennekin will go Fire/Psychic or (hopefully) Fire/Ghost and Chespin will be either pure Grass or Grass/Ground when it evolves.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Froakie is a major disappointment, not going to lie, so no special mentions there. Fennekin, while cute, doesn't seem original enough for me to actually like it. It's too much like a cross between Vuplix and Zorua. Chespin on the other hand is amazing. It's cute and it's different. As of now, it definitely going to be my pick; and I generally don't like grass type starters. (Or grass types in general for that matter.)

Then again, who knows what starter I will favour the most/pick when I eventually get the game. My preference will definitely chop and change when more details of their evolutions will be released. (hopefully!).

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm getting Fennekin, not because I don't like the other 2, oh no, I do like the designs of the other 2, it's just I'm an absolute sucker for foxes.

Years
Eh...I'm not too sure what to think of them, although I'm usually hesitant on the starters up until the game's in my hands, so I'll get over it.

Hopefully the Fire starter doesn't get a Fighting evolution @_@

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Fennekin looks absolutely adorable; I'm setting my sights on it~! I'm really hoping that they will be more subtle with the typing this time - liiiiike fire starter types don't necessarily -need- to be part fighting. xD Maybe like a fire / psychic variant? =o Hmmm~ Then again, I'm still perfectly happy with a general 'single type of fire' evolved starter pokemon. We never really had that since Gen II!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Like many others, as long as the fire starter doesn't end up being fire/fighting I am happy. I like all three Pokemon and thus I might base which one I choose depending on the other Pokemon that are shown as well as their evolutions.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Actually Fennekin is just Vulpix, the grandeur is gone. Ninetales should have been Fire/Psychic anyway if that's what this ends up being. It's still cool though!

Nope. Ninetales should be the first Fire/Ghost, not Fire/Psychic.

On-topic: Just please, Game Freak, stop Fire/Fighting charade now.

blue

gucci
Years
I can see many people's opinion changing once we found out the evolutionary lines, that's usually the case.

Sirfetch’d

I am soooo excited I really dont even care who I pick tbh, but I guess I will start with Fennekin it is so cute.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Hmm... it's tough for me to say.

I think that Fennekin would be my pick at first glance, but I'll have to see the stats & move pools for all three before I can really decide what I would pick. After all, looks don't matter to me, it's the stats & move pool that matters.

If either or both of those are a flop like with the B/W starters, I'll be like, "Dammit, Gamefreak! You screwed up the starters again!"

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
At the moment, I'm definitely going with Fennekin, though they're all starting to look awesome to me. Though my opinion may change depending on what the evolutions look like.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
OK, I just re watched the video and it's so clear that they did the most amazing thing yet with the starters.... They made them Fire/Psychic , Grass/Dark , and Water/Fighting !!!!! Just look at the trademark colors for the second attack they all use... Purple waves for the Grass one (i.e. Shadow attacks from Dark pokemon). Pink waves for the Fox (every psychic attack since, ever), and punches for the Frog! I love this kind of balance (if this indeed turns out to be true) and it's a very nice touch.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I now start loving Fennekin. I never thought of a Fire Fox and it's a reality now!

Vulpix is a fire fox. But I'm guessing you meant starters...
To pertain to the topic, I think I may start with aforementioned fire fennec. At least in one of them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back