• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Teasing

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Are you teased often?
If so, what about?
Potentially a sensitive topic, yeah.

Nobody teases me in a serious way, though they certainly have reason to! Actually, one person did somewhat make fun of me- he later claimed that he wasn't. No matter, though; I punched him and he's never mentioned what he was teasing about again. (:

Family of course teases me. Usually doesn't bother me, though. It does get on my nerves, however, when my dad uses the way I dress (apparently he doesn't like my wearing dark clothes) as a target to tease me. x: It's just what family does, though, hmm?

My other friend likes to tease by calling me an alcoholic and a drug addict, but she's obviously just joking and knows very well that those things aren't true. I guess it's just because of a sort of misunderstanding. One of them, at least. The other isn't true but she kind of has reason to tease about.

Last edited:

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Yeah my friends will tease me about my awkwardness and random stuff all the time, which I don't mind at all.

As for more serious teasing, I've had my fair share. As a kid I was that weird kid who never talked to anyone, didn't stand out, whatever. I did obviously take offense, but as I got older I learned to deal with it. When I came out as trans, there was definitely more teasing. Not as much as I initially thought, which is good, but still teasing nonetheless. But now it has no effect on me, it's just really sad when people try to tease others.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
First just wanted to say that I think there is a difference between teasing and bullying, where trading is good hearted fun amongst friends and no one gets hurt. Bullying is a serious form of teasing, though I hate to put them under the same category.

I've had both. My family likes to tease me and I tease back. Mostly about being small.. But also about random things that happen and are then forgotten.

I've been bullied as well, all through primary and high school. Mostly verbal stuff but it was still pretty bad.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Not that I'm aware of. Maybe I'm not picking it up, though. I joke around with my sister sometimes but it's never anything close to negative (I may ask if she's doing "jerk stuff" very lightly but that's about it, and that's more in response to her asking me the same).

Outside of her, I don't really say anything, even in jest, mean about anyone. I think that vibe of being good natured or respectful is picked up on, because people tend to treat me differently. That is, I'm not called out of name (beyond "man" or "bro") or whatever, no ill will meant or not.

It's actually sort of interesting, people will even call each other swears jokingly, but I never get that. Maybe because I don't swear myself. I suppose that maybe you really do get treated the way you treat others. Humph. Well I definitely don't miss the middle/high school days.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I get jokingly teased all the time for being slow, which is certainly true and I don't mind at all, haha. Surprisingly, I've never been seriously bullied.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My parents continually tease me about my appearance. D: Today alone my mom's all like, you need to do something with your hair, your face, your clothes, etc. My dad does a bit of nitpicking, but the way he says it makes it less menacing. XD; My older brother makes fun of me for being a bit of a dork and a Pokemon fan. No one really bullies me, though. College students don't even care about what I do.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't get teased much at all, unless it's happening behind my back and I just don't know about it xD The only time I was slightly teased was when coming out as gay and there were a few comments which is to be expected, but they quickly went away when people realised I was still the same person so I haven't been teased much other than that. Guess I'm quite lucky tbh!

Years
I get teased all the time from family and co-workers. It's our family's specialty, really. It's a rare event where we're not teasing each other for something or another. So I'm used to it. :p

I also tease a lot. I hope people know that 9 times out of 10 if I say something weird about them, I'm joking.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm not teased often anymore. Or at all, really. That mostly disappears once you leave school, which is a good thing.

I used to be teased a lot though. I was overweight so I was teased about that. My voice also took a long time to break so I was teased for having a high voice while everybody else's had cracked. Then there was the fact that I wore glasses and also my general awkwardness that came from being fat and unsure of myself :P.

Also I was terrible at sports.

Years
I dont tease or like teasing. Its happened to me so much in life by so many people that now its downright annoying even if people are just trying to be funny.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't really get teased around because everyone that knows me well, knows that if someone teases me to some point, I'll begin teasing them instead. And when that happens, I'm always the one who get's the last laugh.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm seldom teased, as I am quite popular in school. I'm part of what we call 'The Upper East Side,' but that's just our fancy talk for the upper sections. Whoever's in the upper sections, is to not be teased.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'm very small for my age, and I get picked on a lot for it. Which is why I can't wait to hit my growth spurt. I also get teased for being klutzy. Both of these I can put up with, not nearly as bad as some of the stuff I've been through in the past involving stuff like that.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Not anymore, no. All through school I was teased because of my "girly" hobbies, but now I look on Facebook and laugh at these people who are complaining about eating ramen again because they burn water when they try to cook.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I get teased about my height a lot.I guess its because it's one of the first things people notice about me and they try to break the ice with it. I dunno haha, but it's alright!

Years
Sometimes I purposely act really careless, stupid and aloof around people. I get teased now and again for that. It's nothing serious because it's all a skit, and I never take it seriously. I guess I do it because some people think it's sexy.

I used to get more than teased when I was about 13. It wasn't a case of me crying about it all the time, I'd just go home from school in a really angry mood.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm usually the one doing the teasing amongst my friends, but I am teased a little bit at work.

Years
I've always been one to poke fun at friends and family, so I have no problem when someone does it to me, as long as it's all in good fun. As for anything more serious, though, I never had to deal with it, which I am thankful for (as I would have probably been an easy target).

Back