• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haiku Contest IV

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
haikubanner.png

Banner by DNA on PokeBeach

Biweekly Haiku Contest IV

Rules and Entry Information

1.) Signups are determined on a first-come/first-serve basis. Entrants must submit an entry when they ask to signup. Spots will not be saved for people, even if they ask to reserve them

2.) This is a haiku-only contest, meaning that poems must meet the requirement for American/English haikus. The form is based on the amount of syllables, parts that a word sounds like it's broken up into, per line (specifically, five syllables on the first line, seven on the second, and five on the last). If a poem is one or two syllables under/over, they might still be accepted at the host's discretion, but please try to keep track of how many syllables are in each word you use.

3.) Poems must incorporate a select theme each round. Due to writers' interpretations of themes, entries will not be turned down so long as the theme is at least referenced in the poem. However, poems that have nothing to do with the theme at all will be disqualified.

4.) The submission period ends one week from the day this thread has been started. After which, the voting period begins and lasts an additional week. Votes are to be submitted via PM or VM to the host (i.e. Incinermyn) in the form of a ballot. Each person is allowed to vote for up to three poems, and contestants ARE allowed to vote for their own entries. Once the voting deadline passes, votes will be tallied and the three entries with the most votes will be announced. In the event of a tie or lack of votes, the host will cast the deciding vote.

Round Theme: Writer's Choice
Entry Deadline: Saturday, January 25th, 2014 (12:00PM/Noon, CST)
Voting Deadline: Saturday, February 1st, 2014 (12:00PM/Noon, CST).

*Rules, timescales, and other parameters are subject to change without notice.

Entry List

1.) By Slayr231
I'm going to write,
I'm sure an idea will come,
Check it out, I'm done!

2.) By River Ramirez
The darkness will fall,
Earth's purity will remain;
And the world will thrive.

3.) By destinedjagold
Writing a haiku,
Without a theme is weird, no?
Oh well, here I go~

4.) By Fernbutter
Writing is easy,
I can confirm this, no really,
I'm being serious.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Writing a haiku,
Without a theme is weird, no?
Oh well, here I go~

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Voting starts now. I can't edit the OP atm because my home internet is off until I can renew my data plan, so I won't accept any more entries for this round.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Isn't it too late to enter ? Well here i am -

The darkness. In my hearth will get over me !
But the eternal angel will try to stop it from getting in the darkness.
I may die but one day i will reborn with a great proud. And with a light inside my heart.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Sorry, but the deadline for new entries was Saturday. Furthermore, this contest is for haikus and similar style short poems. Again, sorry...

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Alright, I'm ending voting early.

Final Results
First Place: River Ramirez with 4 points.
Second Place: Slayr231 with 2 points.
Third Place (tie): destinedjagold and Fernbutter with 1 point apiece.

Back