• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hasn't already been revealed? I thought someone said it was on the preview for the 2013 movie that airs after the Keldeo movie.

Yes, it is confirmed that Genesect will be the star of the next film. I don't think we'll see White Forest/Black City in the remakes, I mean, we didn't see the Underground in HGSS, even though they could've easily put it in.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hmm right, and we didn't see Hoenn's BF in Unova either unlike Pt and HgSs which shared there's for compability...

What do you think the remakes will be called?
Apart from my Username I've though of these possibilities:
Ruby Remake :
TerraRuby ,TectonicRuby , VolcanicRuby, YinRuby (Hoenn is shaped like a Yin and Yang symbol and would fit nicely with this gen's theme), ExplosiveRuby.

Sapphire remake:
MarineSapphire,AquaticSapphire, WaveSapphire, OceanSapphire, YangSapphire, TrenchSapphire.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
genesect-corocoro-2.jpg

Yes, it is confirmed that Genesect will be the star of the next film.

Yeah, but there has got to be something bigger in that movie which will be revealed next year. And since there is no event pokemon left, the only tangible possibility is something new. Whether be it gen VI or something unexpected.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
What will be a key factor is when they decide to reveal Genesect.
Wow! I said that yesterday and wake up to the real deal! (maybe I'm psychic!! lol)

Yep, I'd say remakes just took another hit. They have nothing left to reveal in February but a new Pokemon. And with no event Pokemon left to keep the generation going, I'm about 98% sure remakes aren't happening, otherwise they wouldn't reveal it so soon. That makes it just under 5 months that Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect have all been revealed. That should be a clear sign Gen 5 is ending.

A 6th gen Pokemon won't be a main star in the next movie. If one was then the birds would also be in from what I see.

Lucario fought the Regis
Zoroark fought the beasts
6th gen star will most likely fight the birds.

The next movie is genesect's time to shine not an entirely new Pokemon.

I don't really see what the birds have to do with Gen 5 or 6, so I doubt that. Plus, if Genesect was going to get the spotlight, it would have been saved for the February reveal like all the other event Pokemon.

Or the Lake trio...
Lugia fought the Bird trio before so if any it might be the Lake trio or maybe even the Kami trio as those two trio's haven't been in a movie yet.

I doubt the Lake trio as well. They appeared in the anime for the Team Galactic arc. The Kami trio also appeared in the anime together, and if I remember correctly, the are supposed to return for Best Wishes 2 in the Therian formes. If you're hoping for RSE remakes, you should be looking for a Gen 3 Pokemon.

How is it obvious it won't be Genesect though and how does that disprove or really prove remakes?

Every star of the Pokemon movies has been revealed in February of the year the movie comes out. The Victini movies were somewhat different, but Reshiram and Zekrom equally starred with Victini in those movies. February revealed the two movies were being made instead of one, so it was still a new announcement. If they are showing Genesect in the previews for the 2013 movie now AND officially releasing and distributing it, it won't be the star because it is a full year away from the movie premiere. That's too much time to ride on hype, they'll have to have something else to catch peoples attention because February is 7 months away. Genesect will be old news by then.

And Genesect doesn't prove or disprove anything entirely, but it does suggest that if all of the event Pokemon are being revealed almost at once, they aren't planning on continuing this generation any longer. It doesn't prove the remakes won't happen AT ALL, but I find it hard to believe they are happening next year in Gen 5.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Apparently, Genesect will be distributed for B2W2 via wifi, August/September.

Anyone dare to say again there wont be some new pokemon revealed next february? lol

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Remakes can still happen depending on what else will be on the movie. Remakes always came after all the new Pokemon were revealed anyway so they still have a shot.

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder why they are rushing the legendaries out of Generation V, Keledo, Meloetta and now Genesect. If we don't hear of remakes by next year then I'll assume they're gearing up Gen VI, I know it's early but with the way B2W2 has gone, many things can change. However we might still hear of the remakes next year, that for me is the most likely scenario but if not then it might be tied in with Gen VI.

Years
Wow! I said that yesterday and wake up to the real deal! (maybe I'm psychic!! lol)

Yep, I'd say remakes just took another hit. They have nothing left to reveal in February but a new Pokemon. And with no event Pokemon left to keep the generation going, I'm about 98% sure remakes aren't happening, otherwise they wouldn't reveal it so soon. That makes it just under 5 months that Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect have all been revealed. That should be a clear sign Gen 5 is ending.

Every star of the Pokemon movies has been revealed in February of the year the movie comes out. The Victini movies were somewhat different, but Reshiram and Zekrom equally starred with Victini in those movies. February revealed the two movies were being made instead of one, so it was still a new announcement. If they are showing Genesect in the previews for the 2013 movie now AND officially releasing and distributing it, it won't be the star because it is a full year away from the movie premiere. That's too much time to ride on hype, they'll have to have something else to catch peoples attention because February is 7 months away. Genesect will be old news by then.

And Genesect doesn't prove or disprove anything entirely, but it does suggest that if all of the event Pokemon are being revealed almost at once, they aren't planning on continuing this generation any longer. It doesn't prove the remakes won't happen AT ALL, but I find it hard to believe they are happening next year in Gen 5.

I pretty much agree here. 5th gen was caught in a weird spot between the DS and the 3DS. They were probably rushed this gen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If remakes aren't coming next year and we do start another generation (it seem fairly soon for gen V to end especially compared to Gen III and IV) than my guess is Remakes will come out in 2015 in America the 10th anniversity of Emerald and the main game end of generation III. So Gen VI Duel versions than Remake(s) than third/sequels all on the 3Ds.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
When I look at what they are doing with gen 5, I think everything is possible. Keldeo/Meloetta movies aren't even premiered yet and Genesect is already revealed. At beginning of gen 5, how many people were saying something like that would happen? I guess not many, if not nobody. The same can be with R/S remakes. They can be prepared for 10th anniversary release, especially while everything of gen 5 is already revealed. Releases of gen 5 event Pokemon got super rushed, the same can go with time gap of releases between B2/W2 and another game (R/S remakes).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
When I look at what they are doing with gen 5, I think everything is possible. Keldeo/Meloetta movies aren't even premiered yet and Genesect is already revealed. At beginning of gen 5, how many people were saying something like that would happen? I guess not many, if not nobody. The same can be with R/S remakes. They can be prepared for 10th anniversary release, especially while everything of gen 5 is already revealed. Releases of gen 5 event Pokemon got super rushed, the same can go with time gap of releases between B2/W2 and another game (R/S remakes).

No they wouldn't release it for the 10 year. Its right on top of B2W2 which is the major focus right now. Sale wise its suicide to release big names that close together especially since B2W2 releases internationally a month before RS's Anniversary.

The rush can also be that Gen 5 is ending and they are moving onto the next one. We don't know. There isn't any chance of them coming out for their Anniversary, though they have to come out next year if they are still to be with Gen 5 or else they'll be revealed with Gen 6.

There is usually a minimum 6 month gap for info if they are released within a year, so we'd have to wait 5 more months before we hear anything about the remakes.

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Hoenn was hinted in HGSS.
The Embedded Tower had Kyogre/Groundon and Rayquaza. It also required the use of the Red/Blue Orbs. And the hiker outside referenced Hoenn. COWINKIDINK? Ohyes.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
More like, "there is no Hoenn today, so we put yo Hoenn legends in HGSS so you get them anyway", not because they wanted to hint at it.

blue

gucci
Years
The fact that they came out with B2W2 could steer things a whole different way, we were all expecting a third game but instead we got two direct sequels so rather than releasing two remakes as expected, they could easily create an Emerald remake with the original plot but add more too it. Emerald marks is 10th year anniversary in 2014 so if they do decide to come out with Generation IV first which would be next year as a start to the Pokemon games going onto the 3DS then it's just as likely that we'll be seeing Hoenn again tied in Generation IV.

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
*VI, sorry. Haha
@Suicune,
Another whole year???
2004 - Emerald
2006 - Diamond/Pearl
2008 - Platinum
2010 - HGSS
2011 - BW
2012 - BW2
2013 - RSE Remakes? Pweeze?

Whispeon

Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution
Years
Every region everywhere references past regions. They don't reference remakes or plans for the future at all, unless GAME FREAK have had their entire franchise planned since 1995.

And actually, I'm sceptical as to whether Gen VI will even happen at all, what with the PWT and gathering of EVERYONE EVER up until this point. It kills me to say it but... I think if RS isn't released, B2W2 might be the end.

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Red/Blue/Green
Yellow
Gold/Silver
Crystal
Ruby/Saphire
Emerald
LeafGreen/FireRed
Diamond/Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver
Black/White
Black 2/White 2
Now, if the pattern that has become almost trademarked to Pokemon continues, we will have at least RSE remakes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
No they wouldn't release it for the 10 year. Its right on top of B2W2 which is the major focus right now. Sale wise its suicide to release big names that close together especially since B2W2 releases internationally a month before RS's Anniversary.

The rush can also be that Gen 5 is ending and they are moving onto the next one. We don't know. There isn't any chance of them coming out for their Anniversary, though they have to come out next year if they are still to be with Gen 5 or else they'll be revealed with Gen 6.

There is usually a minimum 6 month gap for info if they are released within a year, so we'd have to wait 5 more months before we hear anything about the remakes.

FR/LG international release was one week before Japanese Emerald. Was that sale-wise suicide? I don't think so, look at numbers of sold games. Gen 3 games totally ruled in GBA sales. Nintendo got also sale boost this year after releasing two sequels instead of one third version, so another main games in this year don't seem to be bad marketing move.

You say R/S remakes shouldn't be released this year because of focus on B2/W2. It's similar how Keldeo and Meloetta should be focued on right now but they revealed Genesect just before movie premiere. In gen 5 Nintendo keeps doing surprising things, so we can expect everything. Also, B2/W2 had only 2 months of solid information before release, so remakes could have too.

I'm not saying it's 100% sure there will be remakes in this year, I'm saying there's chance for it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
FR/LG international release was one week before Japanese Emerald. Was that sale-wise suicide? I don't think so, look at numbers of sold games. Gen 3 games totally ruled in GBA sales. Nintendo got also sale boost this year after releasing two sequels instead of one third version, so another main games in this year don't seem to be bad marketing move.

Don't gen 3 also have the current lowest sales total out of all the generations? I mean Gens 1 and 2 sold more than them last I saw didn't they? So yes repeated sales on top of one another is sales suicide. They could have beaten Yu Gi Oh's game release if they spaced it out better instead of the rush they did then.

I know Platinum was lower than Gen three but HG/SS was released soon after Platinum which was a reason for its low sales added to the fact that Gen 4 is the most controversial generation in terms of Fan feelings for it, and with Platinum not changing pretty much anything in the story except for some small additions to the main story for Giratina and slight changes to end game story, it was Pearl/Platinum. Emerald's sales were lower than Ruby and Sapphire so from a money standpoint, they stand to make more with Ruby and Sapphire remakes over an Emerald Remake. Emerald barely beat Platinum by a small 20,000 copies too in the chart I looked at.

You say R/S remakes shouldn't be released this year because of focus on B2/W2. It's similar how Keldeo and Meloetta should be focued on right now but they revealed Genesect just before movie premiere. In gen 5 Nintendo keeps doing surprising things, so we can expect everything. Also, B2/W2 had only 2 months of solid information before release, so remakes could have too.

I'm not saying it's 100% sure there will be remakes in this year, I'm saying there's chance for it.

How can you relate sales to Event Pokemon? They are worlds apart in reference to each other. And its not so much a surprise. When the info for Genesect came out most people predicted an early release.

B2W2 also had to wait a Year and 6 months BEFORE any info showed up on it. So yes, we still have a minimum of 6 months BEFORE we hear anything. That's how the news has been, and release wise, and News wise, nothing has changed.

You wanna throw the Black and White reset things in, well since they reset things, that would also mean that there is an equal chance that they won't remake Ruby and Sapphire cause I mean Black and White reset everything. Can't throw around something random like that and not expect it to backfire on you. I mean you are saying that just cause things aren't predictable that it'll go your way. No it doesn't quite work that way. Yes they are doing things now that are hard to predict. So far everyone is batting a 50:50 average with B/W predictions as well as for B2W2. Some people are getting half their predictions right and half their predictions wrong. Though that has nothing to do with whether they'll remake the games. Money does.

IF they remake the games, according to what made money, they'd remake Ruby and Sapphire.

To make it with the 10 Year anniversary, they'd have to post reviews to it being made in Next month's CoroCoro (September Edition) cause that would be 2 months before, but that breaks normal 6 month barrier for news. Even Emerald had an 8 month waiting period between FR/LG in Japan and with the news of it in Japan international FR/LG sales were lower which in turn hurt Emerald's sales when it finally released because all it did was slightly alter Ruby and Sapphire's story. So like Platinum many fans didn't see it as a great addition and sales reflected this. To keep the remakes on the DS series games, they'd have to release it sometime this year, which again would cause a sales confliction.

They'd have to then release it sometime early 2013 to keep it on if they want to beat out the DS's series retirement which has a high chance of happening in 2013, sometimes after Christmas of this year cause they are going to spam sales of the DSi to give it one final push for sale milking.

If they don't meet either of these, we have a pretty good chance of 2 things happening:

1) Gamefreak introducing Generation 6 in (fall/Winter)2013 or 2014
2) Gamefreak introduce Gen 3 remakes as 3DS titles for Spring 2013 to test more 3D models.

Right now its a race against time for the remakes placement unless Gamefreak intend to release them for a dead console.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

There was eight months between the japanese releases, and you also have to understand that Emerald didn't need serious work.

They cannot just roll out RS remakes out their asses half a year after BW2.
Assuming they would even want to rush those.

That is not a good comparison at all.
Because they reveal 3 event legendaries within the same year, you conclude that they might as well release unrelated main game titles close together?...

And even then, its not like Keldeo and Meloetta lose anything by them revealing Genesect now. And even "now" is not true, as its in next months corocoro and only starts being distributed by the end of august.
Keldeo has had the spotlight for several months, while Meloetta had a poorer focus for whatever reason, that however was simply their decision.

The real question here is why reveal Genesect so fast after their movies are out?

The only answer is that they got something new planned for next year already.

-DS is not getting more games
-they just released sequels to BW which clearly required much more work than past "third versions"
-everything from gen V is revealed

I don't see that chance anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back