• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I didn't even have a cell phone until college.

Excuse me while I head back to the old folk's home for my nap.

I didn't have one until I was in college either, and even then it wasn't all that great. Though now I has a one of the Galaxy phones and it's my new best friend.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I got my first phone around twelve . . . and even then everyone in my grade had already had their phones for a year or two. ._. Well, not everyone, but still.
I never really used it, and I still don't use my current one all that often. I use it to call/text my parents, my boyfriend*, and sometimes one of my friends**. I used to text my sister, and sometimes Skymin (lol) but . . . I dunno, I stopped.
*he has a crappy phone that I try not to text often since it uses minutes //pfft
**also my boyfriend's cousin, so I mainly only text him on the weekends when we all hang out on occasion. Otherwise I use Facebook.

Yeah, sure, hate me now. xD

Christmas is coming soon. Just after I end the world, so it'll all work out, don't worry.
I kind of really want to get Soulcalibur V, lol. I rented it from Gamefly a few months ago, and after playing with Link on my bf's Gamecube, I got into the Soulcal mood so I've been playing Soulcalibur IV. I want V though, because that's more versatile. lol
GOTTA START DA FIGHT, SO SEE Y'ALL LATER.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Ugh, all these little kids getting phones and gadgets. Meanwhile, I can't afford to by a really awesome $10 scarf from H&M. The thing was a thing of beauty... =(

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Don't remember when I got my first cellphone, don't even care. I'm always behind on the current technology when it comes to phones anyway. By the time I get my first iPhone, Android or whatever, everyone'll have moved on to microchip implants (actually, if they start doing that, I seriously hope people take a stand against it).

I've only just started getting mileage out of the current phone I have ever since I've moved, because the only people I spoke with were my family and neighborhood friends. I saw them daily anyway, so the phone was nigh but an emergency gadget. If I didn't recognize the number, even if I gave it to employers, hiring agents, etc, I never answered. And that's if the phone was even on (most of the time, it wasn't).

I can barely remember my cell phone number, and when people text me, even after I gave them my phone number, I still don't respond thinking "who is this"? So, phone communication + me = bad. Something I'll need to work on, and will probably get accustomed to.

Back in my day, we'd actually communicate with each other face to face blah blah blah social deterioration blah blah blah. Sign me up for the old folks home as well.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
My first phone was one of these little beauties.
vodafone-sendo-s330i.jpg

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah I need to set up accounts to post directly to image hosting websites.. it'd be handy! I don't like when the phone doesn't close my apps and stuff though! Advanced Task Killer seems to help but sometimes they all pop up because once you log into gmail it decides to log into your google account for everything else and is mega annoying!

Or maybe I'm just n00b

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
God bless Nokia....truly indestructible....planes should be made out of Nokia phones....

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I've had the opposite experience. I dropped my iPhone 5 more than a dozen times from a decent height and all I got was one thin scratch across the screen. The only way you'd notice it is if you actively sought it out.

Most of my tech problems have been due to overheating, whether it be due to overuse or the fan just being too clogged up with dust.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Correction: Phones and tablets and iPod Touches should be make of Nokia phones. Less broken screens that way.
Yes....don't make planes able to withstand copious amounts of damage....what a bad idea...

Yep.Once you drop an Apple product its screen is just gone.

What sort of Apple product have you been using? My iPod Touch has fallen two stories and landed on CONCRETE and survived just fine, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My sister has had horrible luck with Apple products so it seems to be person to person. I myself can't really say much since I've only had one Apple product and until I lost it (but I will find it someday I hope sob. I would love to listen to music without having to use my phone kthnks) and it always worked for me haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I haven't used an Apple product since I had to use a Mac computer in the campus library's media center, lol. And I didn't even have a cell phone until about a month and a half ago. I'm already sick of it and wish I could go back to a landline phone.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I haven't used an Apple product since I had to use a Mac computer in the campus library's media center, lol. And I didn't even have a cell phone until about a month and a half ago. I'm already sick of it and wish I could go back to a landline phone.

I haven't used a cellphone for a couple of years.

I live in the middle of nowhere, so the reception is le crap.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My laptop is a Mac book. This thing has seriously lasted eay longer than all my PC computers which have all gotten viruses and crashed. This Mac Book is still in good condition after 4 years of using it. I dont think I want to go back to using a PC. My iPod touch has lasted a long time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back