• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use the context bar?

Years
I never had an idea on what the context bar was called at first, until I was told on how to disable it. I've only disabled it because I often browse PC on my iPod and I just never used it at all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
No. Just another layer of 'things to go wrong' when I can navigate fine anyway, but
It's also a lazy way to figure out if any of my notifications were PMs in a glance instead of clicking on the notifications number... :p
if this is true, I might take to using it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Online now
The what bar? I get the impression it's that thing at the bottom of the screen (on the Johto Elite, at least). Never used it, not quite sure what it is xD. Much more straightforward to just scroll up to get to my control panel.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I haven't ever used it and up until now was unaware you could disable it.

*does so*

Years
Took me a minute to remember what the context bar was haha. I used it at first but later found that I preferred having it off since the page looked neater that way.. haven't turned it on since.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've never used it... didn't even know you could turn it off until now, but I'm gonna go do that. lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I use it all the time to go to the top of a page and to the CP. My main place to hang out is the UCP, not the index as maybe many others do.

So yeah, I use it and I wouldn't want to see it removed. If it can be disabled, then let people disable it if they want ^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have no idea what the context bar is. And I'm too lazy to find out what it is.

So no, I've never used it and I never will. I've lived this long without it, so I don't see any need to start using it now to satisfy curiosity, especially if it's going to get in the way of forum usage.

Perfect summary, I think. I have no idea what the context bar is but I'm assuming it's just the annoying shaded bar at the top of the page? In which case I'll go turn it off now, thanks for the advice hehe.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't 'use' it, but I've never disabled it and had no idea that's what it was called until now. It's kind of a nuisance and I might disable it now that you mention that's possible.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nope I've never used the context bar.

Back