• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Anyone else maybe want to tackle the picture and see if they can improve it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
Hello !

I am new at this forum, and I signed up so you can help me !
I'm a 21 years old Portuguese design student, and I am an old Pokemon series fan.

I'm doing a work for university, based on creating one character applicable in one game. I chose POKEMON!

This work is very funny and motivational. I needed to choose one Musical instrument and one animal, and then, create animal's form/body/parts based on the chosen instrument parts.
Most like creating an abstract animal that reminds you of that Musical instrument.
I chose the Violin as instrument and a peacock as animal. Pretty good results.

So, the question is...

I need to show my character for my university, as if I was one pokemon official designer and was demonstrating a new Pokemon character, so, all I need is one image/template that is typical (in old pokemon or new pokemon) for characters presentation. I thought about the Pokedex presentation , but didn't found anything, but maybe there's anything better for presenting new characters hm ?

I'm hoping you guys can help me please !
Best regards for all and thank you

Years
I honestly have no idea whether or not you'll read this. Since it has literally been a month since you posted, lmao.

Well, if I understood your question correctly, you designed a pokémon and wished to showcase the said design to your university in an efficient manner? And you thought of pokédex but thought that others may have better ideas? Hmm, I'm not sure how anything would work better than a voiceover describing the pokemon as in a pokedex but...well, you can always try animation? Perhaps make a few short clips of the pokémon in wilderness and do a voiceover over it? Or better yet, maybe just make it a fully visual experience. With the animation of the pokémon speaking for itself - its action in the habitats and its interactions with humans/trainers showing off various features of the pokémon without actually spelling it out for people using a narrator. But I'd assume that'd be too much work. Still, you asked for ideas and this was what came to my mind first.

Anyway, new topic - any comic book/anime/manga whose art style you just fell in recently?

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Anyway, new topic - any comic book/anime/manga whose art style you just fell in recently?

Weird you should mention that, I recently tried to branch out and draw a exaggerated / comic book style.
Usually I draw in a more realistic style/colouring method.

Spoiler:

Years
Dat ass hnnnnggggg

I have seen so much realistic stuff now that I crave exaggerated/out of the box/not the norm/different art styles now. That looks good. Although the leg she's standing on looks slightly awkward for some reason. Anyway, got any more examples? Working on some comic project, hmm?

I liked Gurren Lagann's art style. And the recent Kill la Kill's art style is so reminiscent of it. Would make sense since they're done by the same people I guess, haha. Either way, totally out of the norm, over the top art style from a regular anime. Which is why I loves it.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Dat ass hnnnnggggg

I have seen so much realistic stuff now that I crave exaggerated/out of the box/not the norm/different art styles now. That looks good. Although the leg she's standing on looks slightly awkward for some reason. Anyway, got any more examples? Working on some comic project, hmm?

I liked Gurren Lagann's art style. And the recent Kill la Kill's art style is so reminiscent of it. Would make sense since they're done by the same people I guess, haha. Either way, totally out of the norm, over the top art style from a regular anime. Which is why I loves it.

Yeah, I just felt like trying something I'd never done before and jumped right into it. No more examples of comic book styles [yet anyway]. I'll probably do some more drawing tonight. I'm actually working on a digital painting which I've put 3 hours or so into so far.

I want to make a gallery thread, but since my harddrive wipe I have very little in the way or artistic works to post. I'll churn out some stuff after the holidays hopefully and get something online.

I was always a fan of Code Geass's artstyle when it comes to anime.

Years

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Well, you can always post them here for us to see. Would like to see that painting once it is finished. :3 and yes, hopefully by the time you post a gallery the activity would rise a bit.

I liked that too. It wasn't really all THAT different from regular anime character styles, though. It looked beautiful either way.

What do you think of these?
www.seventhstyle.com/2013/08/09/kill-la-kill-new-character-artwork/
www.animevice.com/kill-la-kill/11-6683/concept-art/84-309607/?full_site=true

There's certainly something nice about the flatter colours and artstyle. I've been meaning to watch kill la kill but my anime backlog is rather long at the moment.

Years
Then just leave it all and watch this lmao. I've put a ****ton of anime on hold. Only watching 4 atm. One Piece, Kill la Kill, Yorazuka Quartet (actually putting on hold now) and Freezing.

Oohhh and klk also has gems like these:
Spoiler:

and talking of over-exaggerated expressive art:
Spoiler:

damn i love eet

just curious, what does your backlog comprise of?

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Then just leave it all and watch this lmao. I've put a ****ton of anime on hold. Only watching 4 atm. One Piece, Kill la Kill, Yorazuka Quartet (actually putting on hold now) and Freezing.

Oohhh and klk also has gems like these:
Spoiler:

and talking of over-exaggerated expressive art:
Spoiler:

damn i love eet

just curious, what does your backlog comprise of?

Spoiler:

To keep this vaguely on related to A&D; have a picture of an elephant shrew i drew when I was drunk, completely forgot about, found on my desktop the next morning and was really confused about until I read the conversation which lead to my friend asking for a 'fancy shrew'.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
That must have been a pretty bizarre conversation. I try to draw drunk, all the time, but it's such a bad idea to be honest. I always either get bored or get too sloppy. Alcohol isn't an inspirational drug for me haha. While I was in Amsterdam however... well that's a whole other story. I tried to draw rainbows with a pencil. As in, a 2B lead pencil, does that even make sense? It seemed to at the time.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
That must have been a pretty bizarre conversation. I try to draw drunk, all the time, but it's such a bad idea to be honest. I always either get bored or get too sloppy. Alcohol isn't an inspirational drug for me haha. While I was in Amsterdam however... well that's a whole other story. I tried to draw rainbows with a pencil. As in, a 2B lead pencil, does that even make sense? It seemed to at the time.

Ah I'm the polar opposite. I don't even try to draw drunk, it just happens. It's always with excited apprehension that I turn my PC on the morning after when I see my tablet is still plugged in.

The worst part is that when I'm drunk I don't consider naming files properly, and in the morning I'll find 14 images all named 'Untitled (1).png' 'Untitled (2).png and occasionally something along the lines of LolImAFiggit.png

I keep them all though, I have folder dedicated to them. It's like a scrapbook of photos taken by myself when I was a baby: I don't remember any of the photos being taken and don't understand what half of them are.

The quality generally ranges from amusing doodle absolutely undecipherable or vastly inappropriate.

On very rare occasions I come out with really surreal pictures that i'm actually glad I decided to draw whilst drunk.

Years
Hello. I was referred to this part of the forums & moderator Strawberry about galleries because I do a little bit of graphic/digital design via Photoshop, some Pokemon themed stuff included. Upon further reading, I don't think I can start a gallery because I make the graphics for my Tumblr blog (images are watermarked with my username there). However, I thought that I'd still stop by & say hi while I was here. I usually can be found in TC's DCC. Thank you all. Hope everyone is well. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello. I was referred to this part of the forums & moderator Strawberry about galleries because I do a little bit of graphic/digital design via Photoshop, some Pokemon themed stuff included. Upon further reading, I don't think I can start a gallery because I make the graphics for my Tumblr blog (images are watermarked with my username there). However, I thought that I'd still stop by & say hi while I was here. I usually can be found in TC's DCC. Thank you all. Hope everyone is well. :)

Hey there! :D Glad to see you made your way over here!

It's okay if you can't start a gallery yet; I'm sure you'll be able to in the future! I'm in the middle of remaking the Art Critique & Showcase thread (a thread where you can post one or two pieces. Consider it an "everybody gallery", even though it not up yet) for the new year,but hopefully you'll have a gallery's worth of art by then. Just remember that you only need three pieces to open one! n_n;

Anyway, enough with rules. What is your favorite kind of graphic art to do? Like make tags and stuff? Or bigger works?

Years
Hey there! :D Glad to see you made your way over here!

It's okay if you can't start a gallery yet; I'm sure you'll be able to in the future! I'm in the middle of remaking the Art Critique & Showcase thread (a thread where you can post one or two pieces. Consider it an "everybody gallery", even though it not up yet) for the new year,but hopefully you'll have a gallery's worth of art by then. Just remember that you only need three pieces to open one! n_n;

Anyway, enough with rules. What is your favorite kind of graphic art to do? Like make tags and stuff? Or bigger works?
Things like in my signature, iPhone wallpapers, just small things. I do requests for them on my blog, so just whatever people ask for I have the capability of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back