• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon did you turn out te be in the Mystery Dungeon series?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I ended up as an Eevee in Blue Rescue Team~ Picked a Pikachu as my partner to help deal with all the legendary birds that we'd have to face early on.

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
Actually, me and my best friends all took the test on Sky, but all became Riolu somehow. lol. How cool seeing as he learns bite to take down dusknoir near the end of the game and he is one of my favourite pokemon.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
WOW, i had lots:

Machop in Red rescue team
Squirtle in Blue rescue team
Chimchar in darkness
Turtwig in time
Riolu in sky

Pinta77

and I looked up how to get meowth. so I'm meowth.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
In sky i turned out to be a riolu which is kind of me casue i have a negative attitude towards older people and higher authority

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
I played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon once, Red Rescue Team, and was a Meowth. I stopped playing after a few minutes as the controls displeased me.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
In PMD Sky, I was Riolu when I chose male option, and I was Eevee when I chose the female option. Either way, I'd play with the other as my partner since that's what I got on both quizzes during my playthroughs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
I never bought any mystery dungeon game because I wasn't sure what it was about!
can anyone explain it to me?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I never bought any mystery dungeon game because I wasn't sure what it was about!
can anyone explain it to me?
It's a dungeon crawler RPG with Pokemon. The storylines for the games are stronger than the main series games, in my opinion. There's more emotion and the themes are mature and treated as such. If you're interested, look up more information about the game, since it's hard to say if you'll like it or not. Some people love the series while others are turned off from the series because of the dungeon crawling aspect (and controls that are difficult to get used to).

If you do want to try the series, check out Explorers of Sky for the Nintendo DS. It's known as the best in the series. There's also Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, which are the first two in the series. Explorers of Sky has two companion games, Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Time.

To answer the thread topic, I have two playthroughs. In Red Rescue Team, the personality test determined that the character was to be a Charmander, and he got a Pikachu for a partner. In Explorers of Darkness, the character is a Torchic with a Turtwig for a partner.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
In PMD I think it was mudkip, then in EOT/EOS is was Torchic. The differences in characters were probably because of how much my personality changed between those years. Still yet to play GTI though.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Mine was Bulbasaur, and despite being grass type with many weaknesses, I think he really did shine in PMD, and it was a joy to use him. :) The second time I played through it was Machop, though I don't think I'm particularly "bold" in a sense, but... XD

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
First in PMD Red Rescue, I was a Treeko. This made sense but for some reason I didn't actually want to be him, but in the end he was just so OP and I loved it. Next few games went in this order: Totodile, Cyndaquil, Riolu, Pikachu. Sometimes I don't even understand how this thing works but whatever. :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
In Gates To Infinity, I'm a Pikachu and I named my partner, Snivy, after my best friend. She got the game first, made herself a Snivy, and named her partner Pikachu after me, so we thought we might as well match. :3
I know in the previous games you can play as Skitty and Chikorita, I can't wait to play those. . .

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
I only have Red. I got Squirtle, and my partner was a Torchic. Wasn't really what I was hoping for at the time, but I have awesome defense now. It's all good~.

I haven't played in a while though. :(
Got halfway through Purity Forest and died. I got so frustrated that I gave up (for now).

Years
The very first time I played through Blue Rescue Team, I was a Mudkip. And my partner was Cyndaquil. This was when I answered the questions truthfully. We did alright, but we died a lot throughout the main story and was kicked out of the dungeons a lot (especially against some of the legendaries).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Explorers of Sky, I managed to wind up with Charmander. Personally, I would have liked it more if it were either Vulpix or Piplup. xD" Oh well; I guess my personality fits Charmander the most, and I do really like this Pokémon, so it's all okay. Aside from this, I also played Red Rescue Team. Can't remember what I got in that one, though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Okay, here goes my confession: The first time i played and answered all the questions truthfully...i turned out to be a Skitty. Being a 20-year old guy, that felt like a little big blow to my masculinity haha xD So i lied to get the most masculine Pokemon, aka Machop :D

In recent playthroughs i seem to get the fire starters rather often, which is pretty cool

Back