• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jesse Ventura might run for pres in 2012

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
Jesse Ventura stated at the Rally for the Republic shadow convention on September 2nd, if a revolution really does happen with action in the next couple of years he will run for president in 2012 as an independent.

If you're a wrestling fan like me you should know a) he's a legend b) he pulls no punches & c) he can kick your butt physically and verbally, lol. If you're not a wrestling fan, or have no clue who he is this man is a former Navy Seal/Wrestler/Actor/Governor of Minnesota both his parents served in WW2 as well.

I hope people who are actually into politics or who plan to vote this year or 4 years from now watch these videos opposed ignoring them because why vote if you don't look at others opinions? It'd pretty much make you a sheep.

Before the Rally
Part 1 of his speech
Part 2 of his speech
Part 3 of his speech

Well considering not even a single response, maybe Ventura is right about the media spoon feeding the dumbing down of America. I'd think at least 1 American here would care. Maybe it's because he's right about the corrupt two-party system. Rep/Dems got everyone into this mess and they don't plan on getting anyone out that's for sure if you know what they voted for before the debates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2008
Everyone knows the party is corrupt.

Everyone also knows (except for political hero worshippers) that no candidates will fix the system, especially in their term(s).

Everyone also knows third party votes are a waste.

Nobody knows Jesse Ventura.

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
Everyone knows the party is corrupt.

Everyone also knows (except for political hero worshippers) that no candidates will fix the system, especially in their term(s).

Everyone also knows third party votes are a waste.

Nobody knows Jesse Ventura.

Woo, something replied! lol

Gotta disagree with something... third party votes are a waste? If you look at things like that why vote at all if you're gonna let the media dictate your vote? In my strong opinion you're wasting your vote if you think like that.

Also plenty of people know who Jesse Ventura is and even if you don't you're on the internet for crying out loud youtube his name or something, wake up PC, lol...

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2008
You can vote for third party if they put up a strong enough campaign (Ross Perot, for example), but otherwise they don't have a chance. So even if you don't like either candidate, vote for the one you despise less.

Too lazy to Google: I'll just sit here on my fat ass and tell you that Jesse Ventura is a child molester radical Muslim who eats babies.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
Years
Woo, something replied! lol

Gotta disagree with something... third party votes are a waste? If you look at things like that why vote at all if you're gonna let the media dictate your vote? In my strong opinion you're wasting your vote if you think like that.

Also plenty of people know who Jesse Ventura is and even if you don't you're on the internet for crying out loud youtube his name or something, wake up PC, lol...

Actually, the way the American system is set up, a third-party candidate can't really do much more than siphon votes from the candidates from the dominant parties. No matter how charismatic the candidate, now how powerful their campaign, the chances of a third party being elected to a national office is slim enough to be disregarded out-of-hand. Nothing to do with the media, just the way that the American republic is set up. You want to change it, it's going to have to be completely overhauled. From the outside.

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
You can vote for third party if they put up a strong enough campaign (Ross Perot, for example), but otherwise they don't have a chance. So even if you don't like either candidate, vote for the one you despise less.

Too lazy to Google: I'll just sit here on my fat ass and tell you that Jesse Ventura is a child molester radical Muslim who eats babies.

Fair enough, lol. Liked the Ross Perot reference :D

Actually, the way the American system is set up, a third-party candidate can't really do much more than siphon votes from the candidates from the dominant parties. No matter how charismatic the candidate, now how powerful their campaign, the chances of a third party being elected to a national office is slim enough to be disregarded out-of-hand. Nothing to do with the media, just the way that the American republic is set up. You want to change it, it's going to have to be completely overhauled. From the outside.

Yeah I know and agree yet I mention the media though because they pretty much put the influence to the people trying to get their daily dose of news, especially for those who don't have the luxury of Internet.

I kept up with the debates and noticed the mainstream media like CNN, FOX, ABC & MSNBC slowly started taking out candidates from the debates. Started with Mike Gravel, then Dennis Kucinich eventually FOX went after Ron Paul (who had more supporters then Giuliani) and there was such an outrage the Paul campaign managed to get in a few after the controversy. The only station I re-call having a fair debate was PBS who allowed even Alan Keys on.

Back to topic though. Who knows, 2012 could possibly be the year of the 3rd party candidate if a level playing field is achieved in 4 years from now.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
Years
Another celebrity wanting to run... oh joy. The only two celebrities I want to see run for president are Lewis Black and George Carlin and one of them is dead now.

Whatever... not like I really act on my beliefs, anyway. I'll leave it to the future, then.

Madden King 2000

I Am The Madden King
Years
Wow, if this is a true statement that he will run in 2012, that will be possible, but he probably won't do the same thing what Borack Obama is doing right now, cheering on the crowd because he is the first African American that will be president in November.

Back