• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokémon was set in Australia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
I think this is a good idea but my only complaint is that there isn't a lot of places to go. But other than that its a good idea.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I was wanting pokemon based in us since forever. I dont think the map would be right if it were based here. I really think the design would be in Sydney, being the largest and most iconic city

I would love to see a cassowary and Emu and Koala pokemon. And the map would have desert areas, forest areas, beach areas, rain forest areas and surf areas, so I do think it would be just like Hoenn.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
Years
It would mainly be centered around Dingos and Kangaroos. Those would be the only types of Pokemon. And all of the trainers would all end their sentences with "mate" and start them with "G'day" and there would be Crocodile Legendary Pokemon.... Seriously, I have no idea what it would be like, but it would be way different from the way it is now.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
New Zealand Reply, other stuff

I haven't read through everything so I can't be too sure whether someone has pointed this out or not but in actuality, New Zealand is considered a state of Australia, according to the Australian constitution. Always has been.

On another note though, it is a pretty cool concept. I like it alot.
Routes would be insanely long.
Starting in Hobart would be good, nobody ever likes going back to their hometown in the games, so anywhere in Tassie would be good to start ;)
You could also use a S.S Anne style idea to get from your hometown to the mainland. As in, you get a boat ticket instead of running shoes early in the game and then get the shoes later on sometime. :)

New Zealand is absolutely not a state of Australia! It is its own country.
Anyway if you want to make the game, I am in. I can do spriting and the plot, but I am no good with all the technical stuff!
PM me if you want to talk about it!

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I would love to make this game.

Unfortunately, however, I'm not terribly skilled in anything besides basic RPG Maker, and not even scripting.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
I would love to make this game.

Unfortunately, however, I'm not terribly skilled in anything besides basic RPG Maker, and not even scripting.

@ Ravecat: Well, then lets do it! I am still reading RMXP Tutorials, and I am getting there. Give me a few weeks, I have my yearlys coming up, and then I can finish reading the tutorials!

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
I love the idea! There would be a bunch of ground type pokemon.

The new awesome pokemon would be a kangernoo that would be cool:D

Ice Queen

I Love May
Years
That would be cool if they made a game like this. Hobart should be the Pokemon League because you got to cross water and Perth should be the Starter town. I wonder if anyone would make a hack version like this i would if i knew how to.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
I think for the Pokemon League either Canberra (capitol city) or Hobart could be cool since you have to travel across water, make it a bit of a trek!!
And then New Zealand could act as a Battle Frontier type place.

Also just thought that we could have the Grom and Grommette trainer classes!!
Grom = Boy surfer
Grommette = Girl Surfer

Oh and when we start making this we would need to add A LOT more towns and cities, and make the map a lot bigger.

And with the whole 'train' idea. From memory, there is a train running right through the middle of Australia! From Sydney to Perth I believe...

Also just thought that we could have the Grom and Grommette trainer classes!!
Grom = Boy surfer
Grommette = Girl Surfer

Oh and when we start making this we would need to add A LOT more towns and cities, and make the map a lot bigger.

And with the whole 'train' idea. From memory, there is a train running right through the middle of Australia! From Sydney to Perth I believe...

I'm working on an overworld for the first town, wherever we decide to have it. Ill post it when I'm finished.

Okay, here is the very drafted, five minute put together draft of the starting town...
StarterTown.png

I like the idea that the towns and cities are a bit bigger, and I might do the same with the routes!
So what do you think????
All critisism welcome, as this took me all of five minutes!

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
It's a very good attempt, but there's a bit of empty space, and I think it'd be too generic for an Australian map.

We should make all-new tiles so you can instantly tell it's in Australia.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Yeah I know what you mean! I was going to fill that grassy bit with trees. But I got lazy!

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I would love to do this game including the Black/White animations and Pokémon.

I wonder if anybody who's good at scripting wants to help out? Just adding the .gifs isn't that hard...

Meanwhile, I'm going to post my ideas for all of the Gym Leaders soon.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
If we made the game I think it would be a mix of Pokemon and Fakemon. The three starters would be Fakemon, possibly a Kangaroo (fire), Platypus (water) and Echidna (grass).
And at the moment I am leaning towards Gen IV or Gen V tiles and graphics. Make it look new and cool. And we definately need more towns and cities.

Meanwhile, I'm going to post my ideas for all of the Gym Leaders soon.
I'm looking forward to your Gym Leader ideas!

We should make all-new tiles so you can instantly tell it's in Australia.
How do you make tiles?? And what would we do to make it more Australian? Of course the trees can be made into gum trees, and palm trees. And the grass can be alot greener, like more lust. What else?

Here are some sprites I put together, they are algamations of Gen IV and Gen V trainers. I wouldn't mind using the girl as the female hero, but recoloured. What do you guys think? Could they be part of the game?
HeroHeroine.gif

Last edited:

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Custom Sprites!

I, just personally, don't believe in recolouring or editing. Custom is the way to go for me.

Besides tiles, those can be edited.

I agree with the custom sprites. I just have to get better at it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back