• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
You're right, Vixie is a she
I forgot to set the Vulpix gender ratio to 100% female.

Still, you must've been pretty unlucky (or really lucky) to get male Vulpix.

Something will be done when it comes to HMs since I absolutely hate HMs too (who doesn't)

Well it wasn't from lack of trying... I saved right before the trade and reloaded like 10 times and got a male each time. Now I just pretend that Suzie never checked Vixie's gender when she got it, lol.

I'd hate HMs less if the rocks/trees/boulders stayed cut/destroyed/moved so I didn't have to lug around Pokemon that know the HM moves to get around, but hardly any hackers do that. So I think having Id download them to himself as "upgrades" would be a good idea since it eliminates the need to carry around weak Pokemon, plus Id's wanderings may take him to places were it might be illogical/inconvenient to place a Pokemon Center or pc just to allow him to withdraw his HM-taught Pokes so he can progress.

[EDIT] I almost forgot, I found a glitch right at the end of the beta. I picked up the Dig TM after the rockslide was cleared, saved & quit, reloaded my file and the TM was back. I picked it up again, saved & quit to see if I could use this glitch to get infinite TMs and the emulator froze up as my file was loading. Luckily I save-stated before I picked it the second time up or I'd have lost my file D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I'm not sure if this has been hit on, but if you white out during the sewer part, or leave for any reason, then come back, then the bridge is stuck at the other side. Happens in a couple places.

Other than that, really great game. I love the character development that other Pokemon games seem to lack. That's why I always liked PMD.:cheeky:

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
how do i download the full game/ patch because i can only find the demo patch?

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
The game isn't finished yet, I have to say that this hack is the best by far compared to the others :).......oh yeah, how can I add your banner to my profile

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Sorry, the Dig TM is definitely a glitch, it's one of the things I forgot to take out before the launch of the demo.

Can you tell me where you got stuck in the sewers and whether it was before or after getting the warehouse key.
I thought I made sure you wouldn't get stuck when whiting out in the sewers.

The banners are in the front page.
Just copy the HTML code into your signature and it should work.

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
This is awesome hack! I love the story. Just wondering, how does Machoke evolve?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I found a glitch in the beta, but I encountered it and had to restart a while ago, so I'm gonna try to remember it best I can:

In that one city where there's all those slums, plus the underground sewer with all the crazy people, after you find a certain key (I think) and enter a certain room (can't remember which) where you see that Lorelei look-alike telling you're too slow or something, if you press one of those circle thingies that changes tiles AND lose to one of those crazy people in the sewer after you get the key, you'll be unable to progress further since you pressed that circle thing that changes tiles.

It's hard to explain, but if I have the patience to get that far again, I'll take pictures.

pokenoodle

beginner game designer
Years
this is a AWESOME hack i love the story i like the geneticaly changed starters who know tackle at level 5 (for ralts) and learn magical leaf.... love the backstabbing librarian looking girl idea...but for demo 2 do i have to go through it all over again because i saved in silver town after beating it........?
again awsome hack

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
This is a brilliant hack, I love the storyline and I especially loved going through the sewers. They had a very dark and sad feel to it and I felt so sorry for some of the people living in there. The plot twists also kept me interested in the game.

Keep up the good work. :D~

LikeUberHackFan

Pokemon Addict
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
I'm realy excited. God I need this Hack to be Finsished ASAP :L you take longer than the real gamemakers who are make the actualy pkmn games

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm realy excited. God I need this Hack to be Finsished ASAP :L you take longer than the real gamemakers who are make the actualy pkmn games

Jeez dude, have you ever made a hack before? Have you ever made a popular hack? If you have you would know how annoying it is to have someone breathing down your neck about progress. Relax.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I never would have thought that no one else would find that infinite masterball glitch for that long. In the southern part of Marine Harbor, use the walk through walls code until you see a sailor standing by a piece of old amber. Pick it up and you will get one masterball! The amber "regenerates" after one step and you can get another one every time.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I wish I can complete this hack faster, I really do but the problem with making such a story centered hack is the amount of dialogue I have to come up with in the main story along with the trainer and npc dialogues that every hacker has to deal with.

Not to mention planning and scripting story events and sidequests. I don't want them to be a wall of text, so the sprites onscreen has to be doing something while they're talking.

And I do everything by myself but I'm not complaining because that means I get full control over everything in the hack.

At least I'm pretty much done with spriting up to chapter 4 so that only leaves mapping, writing, and scripting.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I absolutely LOVE the Nostalgia Critic reference. "Change! You got change?" "Bum Chester would like to battle." I literally lol'd at that. I have one problem, though. I lost to Deputy Sadie, and when the pokemon center teleported me back in front of the house (where you get the key), I went downstairs into the sewers, but there wasn't a way for me to cross!

IdentityGlitch.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I think you can cross the bridge by going the other way around through the refugee area.

I know its troublesome so I'll be sure to change the respawn point next release.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Thanks! One question, though. Is the heracross supposed to be extremely difficult? I couldn't even get its HP down halfway!

tetrix1993

Quality-Map Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2011
Your ROM is fantastic! I like the idea that people living in sewers, good one.

Last edited:
Back