• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Ahem.

I would like to dedicate this post for my very own speculations predictions about X & Y:
1. Chespin: grass/ground or grass/dark, since he will probably get diggin'.
2. Fennekin: fire/fighting. If he was part psychic you know you would blindly choose him, even despite him looking like a chihuahua.
3. Froakie: water. I doubt that it will be fighting since its limb are thread-thin, this fugly frog will probably do nothing but spray bubbles.
4. Xerneas/Ylvetal: Their faces don't even have features, which tells me they will be part ghost cuz they give me the creeps.
5. Sylveon: You give your eevee a pink bow & put a spell on it with the help of the witch-doctor who gave you your starter, so the bows get fleshy & turn your eevee into a "???" pokemon with curse only.

Thanks for reading :)
No offense, but you actually think they will make another fire fighting starter? Also, how the hell does fennekin look like part fighting. He reminds me of a cross between growlithe and vulpix. So if fennekin is not a fire psychic, im pretty sure that he will be pure fire.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I wonder if they'll have version exclusive TMs/Tutor Moves.
I really hope not. As Twilight Sky said, it would be really frustrating if a move you want on your Pokemon is found only in a TM that's exclusive to the version you don't have. I can get behind trading for version exclusive Pokemon because that just seems like a better reward, but for just a move? Personally, I wouldn't like that at all. Especially since I don't want to either drop forty dollars for the other version or get really involved with trading, especially just for something "small" like a TM.

2. Fennekin: fire/fighting. If he was part psychic you know you would blindly choose him, even despite him looking like a chihuahua.
So you don't want a new Fire starter type combination because everyone would choose it and you personally don't like how it looks. So you want it to be yet another Fire/Fighting starter, after we already had three in a row. OK.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I fear we may be jynxing Fennekin's final typing here...

I don't want exclusive move tutors either. However Pokémon was created for trading purposes along with the catching and battling aspects so if GF wanted to increase trade they could try that...

Years
And why would they be stupid for doing so? I can agree that Fire/Fighting can be an exhausting type to deal with, but also know that maybe something different might come out of Fennekin if it does become a Fire/Fighting Pokemon. Then again, I'm just being an optimist about these kinds of things, y'know? We've had like, three generations of Fire/Fighting Pokemon, so it wouldn't surprise me to keep the trend going with a forth.

Or maybe the chain would be broken this time around. Personally, I hope all three starters keep their types, kind of pulling a Gen II this time around.

I could probably see the starters all staying pure Grass, Fire and Water like 2nd Gen had. I just don't see Fennekin as the kind that could evolve into a Fire/Fighting-type. From what I read with the 5th Gen starters, I do know Tepig was the least chosen by players solely because it evolves into a Fire/Fighting-type and most players were probably getting bored of the trend.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ahem.

I would like to dedicate this post for my very own speculations predictions about X & Y:
1. Chespin: grass/ground or grass/dark, since he will probably get diggin'.
3. Froakie: water. I doubt that it will be fighting since its limb are thread-thin, this fugly frog will probably do nothing but spray bubbles.
4. Xerneas/Ylvetal: Their faces don't even have features, which tells me they will be part ghost cuz they give me the creeps.
5. Sylveon: You give your eevee a pink bow & put a spell on it with the help of the witch-doctor who gave you your starter, so the bows get fleshy & turn your eevee into a "???" pokemon with curse only.

Thanks for reading :)

1: I don't see either of those points really. I see Grass/Rock evolving into so Armadillo like creature.
2: I wouldn't choose a Fire/Psychic because its a worse type combo than Fire/Fighting competitively.
Other than that, I'm not choosing Fennekin because its Gen 6's Snivy all over again. Internet absolutely loves it now...when its info is released its either going to be crap, shafted, or make everyone rage until they go on a zombie killing spree without the zombies.
3: Mankey has spaghetti noodle arms. Hitmontop's legs and arms are noodles with meatballs on the end. Meditite looks as if his has no bones in most of its art, its also small cylindrical shaped, Medicham's is even smaller/thinner and gains poofy pants. Then you have the musketdeers who are all quadrupeds. And Froakie is adorable. Way cuter than Fennekin IMO.
4: doesn't really make sense, but ok. I don't really see either as Ghost type. Yveltal makes me thing Dark/Dragon and Xerneas looks Ice/Steel to me.
5: owo;;;;;;;;

I really don't think Game Freak is stupid enough to do another fire/fighting starter.

Nothing stupid about making it Fire/Fighting. Its better than most of the ones mentioned other than Fire/Rock IMO.

Slight topic change O=

I've gotten to the point in PMD where I can level up my attacks. While the boost from leveling them up is miniscule, it can show after some time when compared to attacks from your opponent. What do you think it would be like if that system were in a main Pokemon game? What if it were similar to an EV system where you can only have so many points invested into your 4 attacks at a time (Damaging only)

Personally, I think this "Bond System" is something similar to this. Its supposed to make your Pokemon stronger. What better way than to supplement its attacks? Allowing a new EV like system to upgrade your attacks would be awesome and throw a new spin on Meta.

Years
I feel like the bond system will work as a sort of bonus stats, with the number depending on how close they are to you. That's just my guess.

With the bond system I wonder if they'll add a "bond bar" to the stat menu or if we have to use whatever this region's Pokégear is to find out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Overpowered Fire Blasts/Hydro Pumps/insert base 100+ power move here, ahoy!

As facetious and cheesy as that may come off, that's actually true, and applies somewhat to PMD games, also! I can't really speak for the current one (as I don't have it yet), but I remember in past PMD games, you had to obtain a certain item that would allow you to level up a certain move, and that only lasts for the duration of that dungeon, pretty much. If that were to apply to the main games though, you can look forward to a lot of moves that are a lot more overpowered than they should be, however exciting it may seem!

...Though, throughout this entire thing, I never said that I would be against it. :x

Ginseng added 1 or 3 points to an attacks Power. I dunno the specifics for the new Move level up in this one, but its no a lot as I have level 4 moves and they don't hit that much more than when they were a level below. Usually 1 or 2 points in difference. So its not game breaking. They could always give individual attacks a certain max similar to how PP works. Like say you only get 15 points to put into your attacks, and can only boost each attack by 4 points. Each point raises the attacks Base Power 1 or 2 points. That's not an incredible change, but its still fairly noticeable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I feel like the bond system will work as a sort of bonus stats, with the number depending on how close they are to you. That's just my guess.

With the bond system I wonder if they'll add a "bond bar" to the stat menu or if we have to use whatever this region's Pokégear is to find out.

I don't really want a bond bar onto that tbh. It just feels like it'd be annoying to have to check outside of battle how our bonds are etc, whereas if it were an item it'd be immediate.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly all these speculations about a bond or affinity system doesn't make sense to me. I don't think there should be some outside stat the affects how strong a Pokémon is. It should really only be affected by it's level and it's actual stats. Outside things are just complicated things honestly, not helping. New stats in general I just don't really want.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just wish we could easily check the actual happiness level. It would help us plan for evolution by maxing it out before leveling up again, thus allowing it to learn a move it might not otherwise without a Heart Scale.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yup, definitely agree with that. I thought DPP took it in the right direction with the Happiness Checker with the Pokétch, but I'd definitely like a more definite way to see what level that it's at.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well the bonding system might have something like that.Its been talked about by Masuda and Nintendo so I dunno, it might be the Happiness mechanic reworked in a way.

Years
Let's hope that all this talk about a Jynx evolution even while speculation and fakemons now will become true this generation.
Also does anyone else see Sylveon as the mascot of this generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back