• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you take in to account when picking pokemon for a party?

Years
I pick my team based on the gyms in the game, looks and if I liked the Pokemon when I saw it in the anime.

Years
Since this is more of a thread asking about what we do in the games, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central.

One thing about my teams is that I rarely have an idea about what I'm going to use before I start playing (unless it's a challenge where a team is required to be pre-determined). I generally want to have a wide type coverage with my team, so I probably won't have two Pokemon of the same type even if I like them both, but after that, it's fair game.

In fact, I would go so far as to say my team chooses me rather than me choosing them, as cheesy as it may sound.

MOVED.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I just go with whatever pokemon appeals to me at the time. They also have to have some sort of strength that I can exploit, whether that be high attacking stats, or high defensive stats. I change my team very little as I go through the game, but when I decide to replay a game, I almost force myself to choose a completely different team, except for grass starters, they're a mainstay. I will always choose a grass starter.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I mainly go by:

1) Type
2) Looks
3) Learnset
4) Stats

I'm not really a competitive player. I've been trying to slowly become one, but eh I mostly prefer collecting and breeding so 1-3 are by far the most important!

Back