• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
as they say "half the job is done" ... we put a lot of images to be resized and etc ... these are already almost ready ... but anyway
Here is what's wrong with your submissions:

*You didn't read the submission guidelines. I indicate that I just want the front sprite, and the back sprite. No shinies. I will do the shinies myself. The reason why is because I always end up editing submissions anyway as a quality check, so making shiny sprites is useless because I'm going to have to make new ones anyway because of my edits.

*You didn't follow the guidelines on how big the Pokemon should be

*You're using B/W backsprites rather than HG/SS ones. All sprites in my project use HG/SS backsprites resized at 80%, as I believe that is best for GBA

*A lot of your submissions are of Pokemon that already have accepted sprites. Check near the bottom of the first post to see what Pokemon have sprites that have already been accepted, but not yet posted.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
We're more than halfway done with Gen II:
204_zpsbe17d34e.png

205_zps6116cac5.png

206_zpsda4f39d7.png

Credit to MrDollSteak for this:
207_zps2fe9d43e.png

Years
Holy crap, I can't believe this is still going. I haven't touched up on ROM hacks for awhile, mainly cuz I been playing with Pokemon Essentials, I figured these be all done by now.

Years
Hi,I am a fan of pokemon,I really love some of your works,can I share them with chinese forum?
I will credit your works and post your name.
Thank you so much!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I know technically I'm not on PC now, but I really love this project and still kinda wanna contribute so yeah.

M2qdrkH.png
F88I7gm.png
mTbp8GD.png
LPgKV5z.png
6n198Nz.png
Jg2H0sv.png

These aren't my best works. Honestly I hate this entire line (f*cking Norman) and their design was ridiculously complicated. Hopefully that whole "your sprites are auto-accepted" is still in-place. There's something up with Vigoroth's left ear on the backsprite, so idk how to fix that. Good luck Chaos!

Last edited:

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
I've been watching this resource for awhile and I really love the sprites that you guys are making. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but the Gligar backsprite seems... off.
Compared to the other sprites, Gligar's outline is very dark (and upon further inspection, mostly completely black), giving it a cartoony and flat look. I respect your decision if Gligar's back was supposed to look like that, just an observation. Thanks for the resources and keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen today
Happy Holidays, I wonder if by chance you have, you did a jynx with black skin ... in the 1st game jynx had black skin and the anime too, but for some reason unknown to alter the color of jynx ... this is not a request for sprite, just a request for information ....

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Well I resized Sneasel (backsprite only, the front one was actually smaller than the RSE one) and I think it came out pretty good.. I'm gonna put it in the attachments and leave a link too just in case the attachments make it look ugly.

http://imgur.com/Z97lXhD

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Updates are going slow because I've been obsessively working on my ROM hack... but anyways, this thing is not dead, and won't be dead until it's completed.
194_zps8b5617d1.png

195_zpscaaadcaf.png

Credit to PJBottomz for the backsprites of the Wooper family.

209_zps2cbc19d5.png

210_zpsa18f9ca3.png

Credit to MrDollSteak for the backsprites of the Snubbull family.

211_zpsa35af1f5.png

aaand credit to me for the Qwilfish. Happy new year.

Also, I am closing Gen II submissions. The only reason why is because they're almost finished, and I would feel bad if you guys made submissions of sprites I've already worked on but haven't put up yet. I've got this :)

I've been watching this resource for awhile and I really love the sprites that you guys are making. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but the Gligar backsprite seems... off.

Compared to the other sprites, Gligar's outline is very dark (and upon further inspection, mostly completely black), giving it a cartoony and flat look. I respect your decision if Gligar's back was supposed to look like that, just an observation. Thanks for the resources and keep up the good work!
I'm just using Gligar's Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver backsprite (like the rest of the sprites), I didn't make it like that on purpose. Keep in mind that this isn't really a "sprite-improvement project", this is just a resizing project (in addition to my decision to color all the Pokemon like their Sugimori art).

Well I resized Sneasel (backsprite only, the front one was actually smaller than the RSE one) and I think it came out pretty good.. I'm gonna put it in the attachments and leave a link too just in case the attachments make it look ugly.

http://imgur.com/Z97lXhD
Sorry, but MrDollSteak already did Sneasel. You can check which Pokemon have already been submitted near the bottom of the first post.

Happy Holidays, I wonder if by chance you have, you did a jynx with black skin ... in the 1st game jynx had black skin and the anime too, but for some reason unknown to alter the color of jynx ... this is not a request for sprite, just a request for information ....
The "black skin Jynx" was considered by some fans to be racist as Jynx was partially based off of blackface, white theatre performers that put on makeup to appear black. Black Jynx appeared in the Japanese Gold & Silver versions as well:
JP Gold sprite:
Spr_2g_124_jp.png

US Gold sprite:
Spr_2g_124.png

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I tried to do the Shiftry backsprite, since I had some trouble with the front one... here it is
cvvxjdr
and just in case the image isn't working, the link http://imgur.com/cvvxjdr

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
YjPga4q.png

So, when I resized this thing, it lost like 90% of it's detail and all of the space needed to put it back. Lemme tell ya, adding that back in was a blast >.>

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've decided that instead of just posting a sprite with a pointless "______'s sprites are done yay" type of message, I'll instead give a brief description about that Pokémon and it's characteristics as indicated by their Pokédex entries. I got this idea from Blue Emerald of Sonic Retro Forums, who had his own sprite project where he drew Gen IV Pokémon in GSC style, and every time he posted a sprite he would give a description of the Pokémon, and it was always an interesting read. The Pokédex entries quite often have facts that you might not have known about them.

First up, is Shuckle, the Mold Pokémon. This Pokémon is known to hide under rocks, and stores berries inside of its shell. When it stores berries inside of its shell, the berries decompose into a gooey liquid known to humans as Berry Juice. This Pokémon is most often found in the Johto, Unova, and (Mountain) Kalos regions.
213_zpsf02a3faa.png

Next is Heracross, the Single Horn Pokémon. Heracross is a rather brutal Bug/Fighting-type Pokémon that is known to thrust its horn under its enemy's bellies and fling them far. It's favorite foods are Sweet Honey and tree sap, as it is often found sipping sap from trees, using its powerful horn to thrust away any predators that try to disturb it. Heracross can throw up to 100 times its own weight. This Pokémon is most commonly found in the Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and (Coastal) Kalos regions.
214_zps4922dae5.png

Lastly, we have Sneasel, the Sharp Claw Pokémon. This Pokémon is often described as "smart and sneaky"; the primary diet of wild Sneasel are eggs of bird Pokémon. This Pokémon is known to scale trees using its hooked claws, and then they drive Pidgey from their nests and eat the eggs they leave behind. More often than not, they'll work in pairs, one will distract the victim, while the other will steal eggs. When leveled up at night while holding a Razor Claw, they'll evolve into Weavile, an even more vicious Pokémon that hunts in packs of five. Sneasel are most commonly found in the Johto, Sinnoh, Unova, and (Mountain) Kalos regions.
215_zps301d24da.png

Credit to MrDollSteak for the Sneasel sprites.

Good I hope to be helping:
172_zps90e1b2c2.png

Spr_b_4h_172N_zpsaaec38e6.png
You did absolutely nothing to the sprite...

YjPga4q.png

So, when I resized this thing, it lost like 90% of it's detail and all of the space needed to put it back. Lemme tell ya, adding that back in was a blast >.>
Sorry for not adding it to the first post, but yes, your sprites are still automatically accepted.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'll instead give a brief description about that Pokémon and it's characteristics as indicated by their Pokédex entries.

It'll be interesting to add your own thoughts about the PKMN as well. :3

Sprites are good btw, but Shuckle's foot on his backsprite is...disturbing... >.>

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Funny thing about Nincada's front sprite in HGSS and BW2 is, if you move it a pixel to the right, it actually has the same width as its RSFLE sprite. Don't believe me? Look.

Here's its sprite in RSE.
290.png

And here's my version.
nincada_front_zpsfe8e2bb9.png

Very uncanny, huh? Or do I need to resize it to accomodate PJBottomz' back sprite?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Funny thing about Nincada's front sprite in HGSS and BW2 is, if you move it a pixel to the right, it actually has the same width as its RSFLE sprite. Don't believe me? Look.

Here's its sprite in RSE.
290.png

And here's my version.
nincada_front_zpsfe8e2bb9.png

Very uncanny, huh? Or do I need to resize it to accomodate PJBottomz' back sprite?
No, lol. By "same size" I don't mean exactly.

B/W Nincada's front sprite does not need to be resized.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
ninjask_front_zps90e2db41.png

ninjask_64back_zpsc55dfe0c.png

Oh, joy. Another Gen III mon that keeps its RSE proportions. Anyway, this is your friendly neighborhood Ninja Pokémon, Ninjask. I took a good few minutes trying to get the wings as close to the HGSS backsprite as I could, while Ninjask's body needed somewhat less tweaking. Speed Boost, yo!

Maybe I'll do Shedinja later, should someone not get the jump on me.

Pinta77

Thank you =O This is a very useful sprite pack. appreciate the hard work that went into it.

SuperChespin

SuperChespin's Rocks
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Taillow Front Sprite

Here is Taillow front sprite:)
Well I have resized his BW/B2W2 Sprite and it looks pretty good to my opinion.{XD}

Well if you want, you could edit it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back