• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anbuja's things that suck.!

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Well I joined recently spriting and wanted to show the stuff i did until now...it's kinda not so good though xDD
so here we go.

Pokemons:
Glumandatrio.png
scraggyscrafty-1.png
joltik.png
rufflet.png
2qi60if.png
2renlom.png
Axew.png
shedinja.png
stelixx.png
Zekrom.png

Fakemon:
(Those which arent mine)
Spoiler:

(BUT those are mine)
Spoiler:

Overworld's:
Spoiler:

Btw i really need some critism on them because i know there is still space for improvement's there and some fixing but i am spriting only one week now so i think noone will complain that they are soo bad:D

Important:
Yes the official Pokemons can be used in your Hacks/Games with the condition that you add a "Credits to Anbuja/Anbuja's_BlooDY for some sprites" if that wont hurt you.
Just don't use the fakemons.

So i hope i get some CnC. see ya xDD

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Don't say they suck because you're putting people like me who actually do suck down. These are actually very good.

Years
All the reposes are awesome, but Charizard looks too small. Also, I definitely love the Scrafty repose! The eye bothers me a lot though because the pupil is incredibly hard to see.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Fireworks, yours does not suck, no ones sprites suck.

Anyways Anbuja, I'm quite surprised, these are pretty good. Like Logiedan said Charizard is to small, and guantula? is a bit weird the char line in general is a bit smallish or off. But I really like these, good job!

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Quit overdoing your outlines so much.

You're trying to anti-alias them and all that jazz but the shapes are too small and the outlines too dark and strong to make them look anything more than thick, smeared dirty lines all over the place.

Generally just clean it up. Clean up the lines, make them curve smoothly and make the lines straight, and clean up the shading into smooth shapes without overdoing the amount of colours like the gradient on Joltik or repeating the jaggy shading.

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Don't say they suck because you're putting people like me who actually do suck down. These are actually very good.
Thanks but i don't think yours are sucky. They are good:)

All the reposes are awesome, but Charizard looks too small. Also, I definitely love the Scrafty repose! The eye bothers me a lot though because the pupil is incredibly hard to see.
I liked scrafty very much too that's why i did his line:P
Charizard is that small because i had to make hi fit the 64X64 pixels size because i'am going to use those actually in a hack i don't want those to go waste...if i had made them in 96x96 size they would have more detail.
Also im gonna try to fix Scrafty's eye if i can , actually i didn't notice that it's pupil is hard to see until you mentioned it:D

Fireworks, yours does not suck, no ones sprites suck.

Anyways Anbuja, I'm quite surprised, these are pretty good. Like Logiedan said Charizard is to small, and guantula? is a bit weird the char line in general is a bit smallish or off. But I really like these, good job!
As i said i tock for mostly...No for all references when doing them...
For Galvantula for exampl i took this picture:http://media.photobucket.com/image/galvantula/NeoRedux/Neo%20Redux/th_galvantula.png
The same with joltik i took the pic from an TC.
And the charmander line and scraggy line are taken from :Battle and Get Pokémon Typing DS the pokemons sticker or so i never played that game just found it on the spriters resource.

Quit overdoing your outlines so much.

You're trying to anti-alias them and all that jazz but the shapes are too small and the outlines too dark and strong to make them look anything more than thick, smeared dirty lines all over the place.

Generally just clean it up. Clean up the lines, make them curve smoothly and make the lines straight, and clean up the shading into smooth shapes without overdoing the amount of colours like the gradient on Joltik or repeating the jaggy shading.

Well actually that is my main problem...i have still very much problems with the shading , anti-alias and they're outline when i try to shade them i always think that i'am shading the wrong outline and use again they're black outline...
But i will try as much i hopefully get better in shading and such to fix them once a time when i make more..what im definately gonna do.
Thanks for pointing those things out:)
Btw thanks again to all i try fix everything pointed here on those sprites..wish me luck xDD
I think today i'm gonna post maybe some other's.

-EDIT-
I have those quit some time...and thought maybe i should post them but wasn't sure if i should post them or not....
but well here they are i post them anyways xDD:
Spoiler:

yeah OW's i do those too:P
The heros (red , gold , ruby , diamond and hilbert or black...might not be they're names)are public you can use those...and that guy and fat guy too ohhh and that yellow guy too...you only can't use the three first OW those two with gray hairs and that one with black hair and orange kinda clothes they belong to my hack...

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
didn't psot anything in days....
So im bumping...or trying to bump this thread a little up...
here:
sg0tgp.png

It's hourglasshero's and only he is allowed to use it!xDD
The spriting techniques of me isn't still improving the outlines still suck....

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
You're sprites are very good, but there is a lot of black outline, and in this recent sprite there is actually a lack of depth. For me when I sprite I think about the coloring being between three and five colors, with each outline color corresponding to a specific previous color.

Color 1 - Highlight [Uses Shadow on outline]
Color 2 - Base [Uses Color 4 and 5, anti-aliased, on outline]
Color 3 - Shadow [Uses Color 5 on Outline]
Color 4 - Outline (Color)
Color 5 - Outline (Black)

Maybe you could give that a shot? It's just a suggestion, to get used to coloring the sprites a little. Obviously it's up to you :) I believe your sprites are actually REALLY good. :D

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
You're sprites are very good, but there is a lot of black outline, and in this recent sprite there is actually a lack of depth. For me when I sprite I think about the coloring being between three and five colors, with each outline color corresponding to a specific previous color.

Color 1 - Highlight [Uses Shadow on outline]
Color 2 - Base [Uses Color 4 and 5, anti-aliased, on outline]
Color 3 - Shadow [Uses Color 5 on Outline]
Color 4 - Outline (Color)
Color 5 - Outline (Black)

Maybe you could give that a shot? It's just a suggestion, to get used to coloring the sprites a little. Obviously it's up to you :) I believe your sprites are actually REALLY good. :D

Sorry for really late replie :(
Also im trying this version and i think im sloooooowwwlyyyy starting to get it :P
Also i didn't do any spriting last time im kinda busy...playing PMU O_o
But oh well im trying to learn somehting but im sucking at it D:
here:
vy2o21.png

I know nothing special but oh well i suck at this D:

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I think that charizard needs to be bigger. As for the rest they are really good keep it up.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Awesome i wish i could sprite like you im just a begginner sproter and is only in drawings its not in pixels yet and i dont even know how to make them in pixels can you um recommend me or guide me in some sites which can teach me to sprite in pixels it would do a huge favor for me thanks... anyways so cool ill be looking for more of your creations ^_^
and so far as i can see only the size and the eye parts are just your problems so far ^_^ all in all still so Awesome
sry for my bad english

Years
The sprite for Chandelure really reminds me of its regular sprite from the games; guessing you use parts of the already-existing sprites since some portions of it are exactly identical. Litwick looks adorable, though! :3 I really like the angled pose you gave it. The front view it had in the games had was a little boring and I prefer your version.

Minccino's line also looks good, though I really am bugged by Minccino's mouth and eyes (which look a little strangely shaped among other things), mainly the former. The grayish brown looks very out of place right next to the red on the mouth - really think you should change it to a color that sits next to the red better so it so it isn't as intrusive on the eyes.

Years
Don't say you sprites suck, thay are actually alot better than most i've seen and made, so don't put yourself down like that :)

On the constrictive criticism side, the charmeleon's head looks a little flat, try to make the nose more prudent. I also like the poses of galvantula and scrafty, they look nice, but scrafty's looks a bit blurry, but it could just be my crappy screen, so don't mind it too much if it is.

All in all, its good pixel art, great job :)

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
This stuff looks pretty good actually. I see a unique style here, which is always awesome to see. Keep up the good work!

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I hope posting after almost 1 year isn't considered spam, or reviving threads.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I've been reading all comments and critics and try to follow them as much as possible.

That said I wanted to post some sprites I've done:
Axew.png
shedinja.png
stelixx.png
Zekrom.png

I know Stelix and Zekrom might look "TO TINY" but that is just how I need them to be used in a hack.

I hope they aren't "THAT" bad.

Also I dont mind if anyone goes and use the official pokemons, just please don't use the fakemons, made by me or anyone else.

You guys might get alot of trouble from the original autors if you do.

Back