• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day XIII

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
i48hBVFkwrNPv.png

Feel free to suggest anything! Nothing is set in stone at the moment.

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day, though it's not exclusive to battling. Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as iSketch, Cards Against Humanity, Mafia, Diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during Community Day as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (UTC -5 / EST) on Saturday, December 21st and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in eastern USA; 1 PM in the UK; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 AM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in western USA. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You may want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, if you were online during this Community Day, you will receive the bronze emblem below. You can also get the silver or gold emblems if you've already participated in one or two Community Days, respectively.

I52iHRM.png
BiItSlj.png
CzEuzeS.png

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The banlists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or need usage statistics? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. Seasonal Random Battle (Read this article for more information.)
2. Pokebank OU (moveset analyses and banlist)
3. Singles or Doubles Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
4. Snowy Pokebank OU (Pokebank OU with automatic permanent hail and every other weather banned.) (moveset analyses and banlist)
5. Random Battle 1v1 (randomly generated teams)
6. Ubers (moveset analyses)
7. LC Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
There will not be any Wi-Fi tournaments unless there's enough people that want them.

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.​

Last edited:

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
Years
Finally Comday has been announced... I've been waiting for this since I left a few months back... I am still curious on those games tho because I want to play the Mafia and Diplomacy game...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ohh yeah. Good to see Mafia and iSketch up there, they're some of my favourite games. Commday is gonna be good like all other 57382 times. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! :]

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Darn, I will most likely not been home for this. It sounds really fun too! Oh well, next time I should hopefully be able to attend.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I will actually try to remember to attend this time. I think I've said that I'll make the past three commdays and then just forget about it and not show up. D:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I keep missing out on Commumity Day because of irl crap. December 21st...hmm...I'll see if I can at least make it for a few hours or so because it's more likely that I'll miss it again.

Let's hope I do make it!~

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'll be there. I haven't played iSketch before so I'll definitely try it out this time! Oh and everyone must join in on Cards Against Humanity! They're just the best :D

Sirfetch’d

As usual I am really looking forward to this! Expect me to be there throughout the day unless something completely goes wrong. Could we possible have a gen 6 Christmas themed OU tournament? Possibly restrict it to Red, Green, and Ice typed Pokemon?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh boo, I won't be there when it starts. :[ I'll try to get on as fast as possible when I come back home though!!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm unsure if I could join (I can't join the previous Commday due to broken laptop that time), but I hope I can make it this time.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I wish there was enough unique activities available to add to this so it could be more unique than the last Comm. Day, but alas. That's fine, though; it should still be just as fun, if not more!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
As usual I am really looking forward to this! Expect me to be there throughout the day unless something completely goes wrong. Could we possible have a gen 6 Christmas themed OU tournament? Possibly restrict it to Red, Green, and Ice typed Pokemon?
Orrr we could do standard OU with permanent hail and every other weather banned. People could use their usual teams but it would shake things up enough to encourage others to get creative.

I wish there was enough unique activities available to add to this so it could be more unique than the last Comm. Day, but alas. That's fine, though; it should still be just as fun, if not more!
The last CommDay sucked anyway, so if this one is more successful, that'll be good enough haha. The only other activities I can think of doing are Pokemon trivia quizzes or strip poker.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I've been on the server everyday since Day 1 of my return. That won't change here.

Cards Against Humanity though!!! <333

What're Mafia & Diplomacy?

I don't like iSketch. I'm not much of a drawer, so I'll either be an audience or skip that thing entirely.

Back