• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I need the flags from pokemon firered. do you know how to get them. How do you look in script if it is already inserted in a game?
This is very simple.
First: Make sure your hack is in the same folder as you ScriptED.

Second: Open up ScriptED and type in "hackname.gba:whatever script you want to look at" in the area that says "file".

You will then see the script appear.
As for your question bxela1, I am sorry, I don't know the answer.

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
So I suppose that i'll leave the cries and the scripting till later.

ADDED: Well I finished something anyway. Using Green charizards music tutorial on PHO I was able to edit the title screen music. YAY!

ADDED: Darn it! After watching the whole thing, the song cuts off when it gets to the pokemon part. I have 2 ideas on how to fix this. 1. Cut off the pokemon and main (kyogre) parts. 2. Cut the song into 3 seperate parts and use them. Would either of these work and if so, what would I need to do (and use)?

Last edited:

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
Alright, well that's all i'm gonna do for tonight. I only have 5 days until the term starts and then I will get only around one hour
every day to work on this. Hopefully by then I should have fixed my script issues and maybe even launch my first BETA.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I think this question has already been answered. However the flag is 0x828 (setflag 0x828).[/QUOTE said:
i tried this but it enabled pokemon in the menu and not pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2008
Thanks, I meant red though - see i wanna edit one that I am familar with. Is there one for gold or silver then

Years
What does it mean?

I used unLz GBA and try to add a sprite. I click import and select my sprite and it says...

"Error: Image is not indexed."

What does that mean?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I used unLz GBA and try to add a sprite. I click import and select my sprite and it says...

"Error: Image is not indexed."

What does that mean?

This question is already answered. I send the link if I found it. Here it is
Thanks, I meant red though - see i wanna edit one that I am familar with. Is there one for gold or silver then
No sorry.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How do I create a shiny pokemon battle? I don't mean using sprite editors, I mean using scripts or hex.

Look at the "Documents and Tutorials" section, you'll find what you need. Be aware that the tutorial is just for FR.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
How do you import sprites in fire red from ruby without having to write over the sprites in Pokemon Fire red. If so can you please tell me how to do it.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
How do you import sprites in fire red from ruby without having to write over the sprites in Pokemon Fire red. If so can you please tell me how to do it.
Actually, the Ruby/ Sapphire sprites are already in FireRed. When you select the image using PET, just keep scrolling backwards until you find them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I mean

Okay I want to know how to put the ruby sprites in advance map so I can put them in fire red. I know they are already in fire red but only for the battles and not outside.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Disappear script

How do you make a script for a pokemon or trainer to disappear, and if so can you please tell me.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Okay I want to know how to put the ruby sprites in advance map so I can put them in fire red. I know they are already in fire red but only for the battles and not outside.
Now I'm sure as soon as I post this someone will post again with a better method... Technology. Anyway, here it goes.
1. Open up Spread (Comes with Elitemap)
2. Find the Ruby/Sapphire sprite you want online.
3. Open a paint document and paste the sprite you found, magnify it to 8x.

4. Go to the sprite you want to edit in Spread, and pixel by pixel change it to the new one.

This may take some time, and I'm sure there is probably a program to insert new sprites, but this is how I do it.
I've heard Tilemolester is good to insert the sprites directly, but then it would take some explaining on how to get the right format and pallet, and this way is easier to start off with.

Is there another program like RSball that works with leafgreen and firred?
I'm assuming you want to use this for PET, correct? Now, if your hacking FireRed this will be easy, just open up your Rom in RSball, go to trainers (or pokemon) and hit "Dump GFX bank". Now, just open PET and it will work. However, if you are hacking Leaf-Green, you cannot dump GFX with it. Instead, dump it with a Fire-Red rom and then open up your Leaf-Green rom in PET. It should work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back