• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you give back Shuckie and Kenya?

cxd

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
I didn't realise I should give Shuckie(the Shuckle from Cianwood city) back, and I didn't even get Kenya(the Spearow with mail from Goldenrod City). What about you?

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I honestly never bothered to give them back.
Mostly because I forgot. :P

I think you should bred a Shuckle with Shuckie before giving it back to the guy, though.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Unless I forget to, I normally give Kenya back. No need for keeping it after delivering the mail since Spearow are so easy to find. Besides, I'd feel guilty if I kept it and never gave it back.

I almost always keep Shuckie though. It's probably the easiest way to obtain one in the game if you don't want to wait till Kanto or use blocks in the Safari Zone. Plus, unlike passing the route to return Kenya, I hardly ever go back to Cianwood City as often. So Shuckie usually sticks with me sitting in my PC box forgotten.

Omg, I'm a horrible person. ):

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I think if you manage to get Shuckle to like you, you don't have to give it back. At least in G/S/C this worked. Spearow I didn't give back since it was a Pokemon with different Trainer-ID and I'm not so much of a trader in Pokemon games.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Was I meant too ?

I never did give them back I was too lazy to find the guy who you were meant to give Kenya too and too lazy too go to Cianwood island just to give Shunkie back.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I feel bad now that I didn't give it back. That poor guy, first someone steals his Sneasel, then in order to protect is precious Shuckie, his lets a trainer borrow it for safekeeping, only never to get it back...

I guess I'm hypocritical taking down Team Rocket now.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
We had to give them back? I tought that was the game's way of saying 'Keep this Pokemon' =S

Oh my.. *starts up his HeartGold game to give back Shuckie*

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I gave back Shuckie, I never gave back Kenya. I evolved it to Fearow and kept it in my party until I obtained Skarmory in Soulsilver. I'm so horrble lol.

"Oh hey, here's Kenya. It's a Fearow now, if that's okay with you." *runs*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never do the Kenya sidequest, but omg, I didn't know you have to give Shuckie back! :( ...That answers that lmao.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I give Kenya back (it's just a Spearow FFS), but I thought you couldn't give Shuckie back... At least the guy told me to keep it IIRC (I may be wrong).

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I-I didn't ;;;;;. I feel really bad though for not returning it to its rightful owner. I think from memory I just stowed them both away in my PC and afterwards never took them out. Also I think I might of once tried using the Shuckle, but I didn't particularly like it so back in the PC it went. And in one of my playthroughs I already had some strong flying types in my team so there was no use for Kenya ;;;. Although now you brought this up, I might return them one day! :D.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love Shucke, so no, I didn't give it back haha. Spearow, eh, I don't particularly care for it so I just let it rot in the PC. Haha, I'm so horrible.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I know I gave back Kenya because I didn't see a whole lot of uses for it, but I don't remember if I kept Shuckle or not. I never used it in battle so I might have, but I won't be surprised if I just stored it in my PC.

Years
I gave Shuckie back, without really meaning to. I went back to Cianwood to show the guy that I still had Shuckie, expecting that he would say I could keep it like he did in Gold. Instead, he took it back, which was a little disappointing.

I kept Kenya, though, just because I wanted to see if the sleepy guy on Route 31 would accept the mail if it was held by a different Pokemon. He did, and neither the guardkeeper or him would take Kenya back after, so I just put it back in my box, and never used it.

Back