• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Christmas songs!

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Okay, we all know Christmas has a lot of well-loved songs that go with it...but there are some that are just plain annoying and stupid.

So, my question is: What Christmas songs are annoying to you? Be sure and include a reason why the song is annoying.

Some of mine:

The Chipmunks Christmas song (you know, Alvin wants a hula hoop?): Sure. it's cute the first time, but you may not think so after the 1,000,000,000th time
The Looney Tunes version of "Blue Christmas": Porky Pig doing Elvis? I don't think so!
Really sappy versions of carols: There's a fine line between beautiful singing and destroying a carol...and I've heard plenty of bad versions of carols to boot
Really jazzed up versions of carols: On the other side of the coin, there are just some carols that are MEANT to be sung slow...likewise it's okay if "Joy to the World" has a little swing; but don't overdo the jazzing up
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer: This song is disturbing, plain and simple.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
Actually my bezt friend made up zome dizturbing variationz of a few zongz that annoy me the mozt <<

*ahem* but bezidez that, I have to agree with you about the Alvin and the Chipmunkz zong. I can't ztand the zqueeky..nezz ><
And I really don't think there'z very many more. Almozt all the Christmas albumz we get are bad.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
The only holiday-ish songs I like are the sugarplumb fairy things. Ya know, Russian music. Does orchestration count? I just find that music to be very beautiful. And it makes me think of Tetris ;). But all of those happy happy singing songs are annoying. That two front teeth song grinds on my nerves.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
endamaster said:
Carol of the bells!I really want to destroy that song!
tell me about it... we have to sing that song in choir... it's so dumb making ding dong ding bohm noises

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
they all kinda suck to me but i hate silver bells, dont ask why i just hate it.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Some very annoying variations of Jingle Bells:

Australiana (even an Aussie patriot gets sick of this kind of Aussie degradation). The kelpie bit is just wrong.

Dashing through the bush,
In a rusty Holden ute,
(insert thing here) in the front,
Esky in the boot!
Kelpie by my side,
Singing Christmas songs,
It's so hot I have to wear
My T-shirt, shorts and thongs,
Hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to (I forget)
On an Aussie Christmas Day!
Hey!

Batman (enough said) (two versions):

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Robin laid an egg,
(I forgot)
And shot Santa in the head,
Hey!

^ just wrong.

I forget the other ones.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
Jingle Bell Rock has to be one of the most annoying songs in the whole of the world, to me.

IHATEITIHATEITIHATEIT!

It's corny, there you have it.

Oh, and all those other spruced up western-ish ones.
Ugh, also the Chipmunks one. Squeakiness is ear-splitting, I tell you.

coco

Dancing in the Moonlight
Years
Ewww, I really don't like the "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" song. It's really disturbing :confused:

Monzae

Poison Technician
Years
Chipmunks = Cool.

I really really don't like christmas songs; especially the Celebrity remakes. They pee me off SO MUCH. I don't like the whole Christmas getup either, with the green and red colours everywhere...Christmas is so annoying, except for the presents xD

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
For me any sort of Chipmucks song *remembers how it played on and on in school today XD*, also I have to agree with the Jingle Bells Rock song it gets to me after a while.

Years
Remakes of christmas songs tend to annoy me...

And by remake, I mean things like the "redneck" version of 12 Days of Christmas that I've heard. Ugh. I just don't like things like that. (Though I have heard some that were hilarious. But, for the most part...no.)

I can't think of any regular christmas songs that annoy me, at the moment. O_o I'm sure they exist, I just can't think of them.

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
Years
I hate:
? The Chipmunk song
? The Evil 2 Front teeth song

And the remake of Deck the Halls, is just weird:
Deck, the halls with poison ivy
falalalalalalalala
Break, a window
Pop a tire
falalalalalalalala