• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not too sure why there are Sunflora's in the Drakebreath City's water, but the fact I ran into one that was LEVEL 0 is kind of freaky... It had a full HP bar and everything O.o. Also, don't pokemon on Lv 0 have zero HP as well? I should have caught it, or at least taken a screen shot of it.
I don't know how you did that as I have yet to even SEE a Sunflora (and FTR, I have trained in 417 and hacked a path backwards through Drakebreath City while mapping Zhery). What is in the Pokémon data for that city while surfing is as follows, unedited:

drakebreath01.png

Fishing includes Gyarados as a possibility with the Super Rod. That's it.

Cyclone

Years
I'm not too sure why there are Sunflora's in the Drakebreath City's water, but the fact I ran into one that was LEVEL 0 is kind of freaky... It had a full HP bar and everything O.o. Also, don't pokemon on Lv 0 have zero HP as well? I should have caught it, or at least taken a screen shot of it.
Are you playing the latest version or the older one.

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
That glitch sometimes happens to me when I'm testing map connections on my rom hack and I run into the grass with no pokemon with no pokemon on the route. It's either level 0 or level 99.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah, it happens. They don't have 0 HP, that would break the game completely =D Only 0 HPs you can encounter are 000s (MissingNOs), other pokémon have some base HP that is 0 in reality (because any attack kills them instantly).
I also once met a 0 level Pokémon after messing with some offsets =D
Nothing unusual I must say =D

@Cyclone: You must understand that not everything is like what the tools are showing us ;) That's what beatiful on ROM hacking ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That glitch sometimes happens to me when I'm testing map connections on my rom hack and I run into the grass with no pokemon with no pokemon on the route. It's either level 0 or level 99.
So if I surf in Yellow Town in this hack, I very well might find a Lv.0 Missingno.? :o There are no wild Pokémon listed, which is another thing I hope to correct once I have a full Pokémon list of my own made up for the hack.

@Cyclone: You must understand that not everything is like what the tools are showing us ;) That's what beatiful on ROM hacking ;)
I know. I'm just showing the data to prove that the Lv.0 Sunflora is not intended nor should happen. ;)

Cyclone

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
So if I surf in Yellow Town in this hack, I very well might find a Lv.0 Missingno.? :o There are no wild Pokémon listed, which is another thing I hope to correct once I have a full Pokémon list of my own made up for the hack.

I know. I'm just showing the data to prove that the Lv.0 Sunflora is not intended nor should happen. ;)

Cyclone
It could idk it's only happened to me in tall grass though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
how i can view happines of pokemon i want to evolve pichu
The simple answer: you can't. Unless there's someone who serves the role of the Pokémon Fan Club character from Black (see Icirrus City) who gives you standard messages for certain levels, there's no stat you can physically check for it.

Just keep walking around with it and hand it the Exp. Share without battling it (so you don't risk the chance of fainting it and losing time). It took me a while to evolve the Eevee from the Egg, too. It'll come! Probably by the 30s.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
thank you its hard but pikachu wort it :D
Pikachu itself CAN be caught in the wild. I wasn't lucky to get the Pichu event (ran out of balls), and it's not available in the wild. I'm probably going to hack it into Route 2 (where it's caught in the event) and False Swipe the thing for an easy capture on my own game, but otherwise, you better hold on to at least one Pokéball until that event. I spent all of them hastily building a team after seeing all the Trainers on Route 401 - didn't even get the Feebas!

At least Feebas are in the wild!

Alternatively, the Daycare on Route 417 will allow me to breed Pichu. Might get Pikachu first after all!

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
This hack is pretty good. Gotten 6 badges already and not once I've gotten lost. Really easy to navigate despite no map, besides from the pokecenter.

By the way, does Snorlax learn curse at a certain level? I'm thinking of raising a curse Snorlax.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This hack is pretty good. Gotten 6 badges already and not once I've gotten lost. Really easy to navigate despite no map, besides from the pokecenter.

By the way, does Snorlax learn curse at a certain level? I'm thinking of raising a curse Snorlax.
In Generation III, it only knows Curse if bred from a Slowpoke/bro/king. I do not recall whether that chain is in this game or whether I've even seen it yet. I do know there is a possibility that the Gen. IV and V additions (Fakémon technically, but obviously trying to match the originals where possible) are in fact able to breed with Curse onto Snorlax, and refer to those later gen. lists for possible combinations to try; I offer no guarantees that any connection is picked up, however.

Cyclone

Years
Pikachu itself CAN be caught in the wild. I wasn't lucky to get the Pichu event (ran out of balls), and it's not available in the wild. I'm probably going to hack it into Route 2 (where it's caught in the event) and False Swipe the thing for an easy capture on my own game, but otherwise, you better hold on to at least one Pokéball until that event. I spent all of them hastily building a team after seeing all the Trainers on Route 401 - didn't even get the Feebas!

Alternatively, the Daycare on Route 417 will allow me to breed Pichu. Might get Pikachu first after all!

Cyclone
Unless you used only those Ultra Balls. You can capture Pichu at route 2 with an ordinary PokeBall

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Unless you used only those Ultra Balls. You can capture Pichu at route 2 with an ordinary PokeBall
Unless you have Bidoof doing a LOT of picking up early, you won't have a bunch of Ultra Balls as the Central Shop sells not a single Pokéball of any brand.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012

Cyclone

i now it i fount pikachu on another rout at level 14 so i caught it and throw pichu in to the pc its musch much easier :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
I'm stuck in Dragonbreath city.

I defeated team steam in their base already, then i headed to this city, and i don't now what to do. Also, Red isn't in the market.

Can someone give me a little help here?

ps:sorry for the english, like the creator of this room, i'm brazilian

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not there yet, but when hacking backwards around the loop for the heck of it, I found an NPC in front of the Gym blocking access. His statement was that it was closed due to the Team Steam events. Is he still there? What about the cave south of the Gym?

I'd check the buildings for any other events around the city.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I'm stuck in Dragonbreath city.

I defeated team steam in their base already, then i headed to this city, and i don't now what to do. Also, Red isn't in the market.

Can someone give me a little help here?

ps:sorry for the english, like the creator of this room, i'm brazilian

After beating Team Steam in the hideout, grab the tablet then go alllll the way back to your hometown and talk to Prof. Jasmine. Then go alllll the way back to Drakebreath City and the cave will be open. Go in there and complete that event. Then afterwards, The GYM will be accessible. When you finally defeat the GYM leader, Ash will be in the market by the elevator. Talk to him and you will receive an HM. Hope this helps!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
After beating Team Steam in the hideout, grab the tablet then go alllll the way back to your hometown and talk to Prof. Jasmine. Then go alllll the way back to Drakebreath City and the cave will be open. Go in there and complete that event. Then afterwards, The GYM will be accessible. When you finally defeat the GYM leader, Ash will be in the market by the elevator. Talk to him and you will receive an HM. Hope this helps!
Oh, the Tablet is at Steam HQ? That makes sense then, but definitely get to Drakebreath and lock in the ability to Fly so you can just travel quickly between the two locations. :)

Cyclone

Years
Unless you have Bidoof doing a LOT of picking up early, you won't have a bunch of Ultra Balls as the Central Shop sells not a single Pokéball of any brand.

Cyclone
Thats where you are mistaken bro. Why should not you talk with professor Jasmine after the Oak maferny lake event and see if she is kind enough to give you 5 of the balls :rambo:

Oh, the Tablet is at Steam HQ? That makes sense then, but definitely get to Drakebreath and lock in the ability to Fly so you can just travel quickly between the two locations. :)

Cyclone
Has FLY been accessible by then?

Last edited:
Back