• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which past generation Pokemon do you want to return?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Basically as the title says. While the past thread was based upon the Pokedex size - I don't really care about that. I care more about what you want to see IN the regional Pokedex and why?? How likely do you think it will be that they'll appear?

So basically what Pokemon from past generations would you like to appear in this region and why :3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hopefully we have Pre-League Trapinch's again, Flygon has always been a main for my story and post-league team since gen 3. Couldn't care about anything other then it, perhaps maybe Mareep as well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well there's a few pokemon I always like to see when possible, Numel/Camerupt, Budew/Roselia/Roserade, Gulpin/Swalot, Mawile, Seviper, Tropius, Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos.

but to be honest I would rather the old pokemon that return include more pokemon that haven't been the first picks in the past...some more obscure pokemon.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The Hoenn Pokemon. Seriously, they introduced some of the best Pokemon to date, I can't think of a single Pokemon from that region I dislike.
Word! Couple some of them wit evolutions and the Pokedex is going to rock so much.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I know this is out of question now, since there's a new Eeveelution, and we saw what we saw in the trailer, but... my answer would be "none of them".

A major part of what I loved about B1/W1 was the fact that all Pokémon we encountered before the National Dex were brand new. During the main campaign, I really felt like I was playing Pokémon for the first time again. I really hoped they would do the same for Gen 6.

Guy

just a guy
Years
A mix between more of the Pokémon from Hoenn and Sinnoh. However, as Sabrewulf mentioned, I hope they're a bit more obscure rather than what we'd normally expect or want to see show up. And if they're going to be underused Pokémon, then I pray they come with new evolutions so they're not left to be ignored again.

From what we've seen so far ─ Hariyama, Psyduck, Kirlia, Dratini, Litwick and a few others ─ I think they're selecting a pretty good variety of old Pokémon to show up.

I know this is out of question now, since there's a new Eeveelution, and we saw what we saw in the trailer, but... my answer would be "none of them".

A major part of what I loved about B1/W1 was the fact that all Pokémon we encountered before the National Dex were brand new. During the main campaign, I really felt like I was playing Pokémon for the first time again. I really hoped they would do the same for Gen 6.
Funny enough, that's one of the bigger things I disliked the most about Black and White and was glad when they changed it in B2W2.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
None of them.

Seriously. I think that the complete absence of past pokemon from Black and White was one of the best features of the games, and I'd like to see that again. Another entirely new region full of entirely new pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
From what we've seen so far ─ Hariyama, Psyduck, Kirlia, Dratini, Litwick and a few others ─ I think they're selecting a pretty good variety of old Pokémon to show up.

We still don't know if those are in the game or if they were just for show.

I would say Tympole, Plapitoad, Seismitoad, Golett, Golurk, and Eevee are all in the game due to the statue from the preview, though that also isn't guaranteed as we had Pikachu Statues in Nimbasa.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want to see Shinx, Poochyena, Smoothum, Elekid, Magby, Pichu, Trapinch, Absol, Tropius, Chimecho, Numel, Torcoal, Sablye, Mawhile, Castform,Pawniard, Sygiliph, Reniculus, Beldum, Shoomish, Yanma, Aipom...okay I better stop there...

Basically I want to see a bunch of my favorites from gen 1-5.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I want my precious Alakazam back into the fray, but the Ralts line is already confirmed to reappear will once again outclass it, which I don't like to see that happening.

Years
I hope they include my fave Fighting-type line, the Riolu evolution line. Lucario is popular and a very strong attacker. I want a nice mix of 5th Gen Pokemon in there, but have at least a few lines from all past generations.

I'm also hoping for Aipom/Ambipom to make it back in there cos I love monkey-based Pokemon, and given my Chinese Zodiac sign it's fitting I want a monkey in there, otherwise I'd like to see the Pansage/sear/pour lines back too.

I know Eevee and all its other Eeveelutions are probably confirmed due to Sylveon, and maybe even the Pikachu family to a lesser extent since the trailer saw the player encountering a wild Pikachu.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I'd like the Pokémon from Generation III to make a comeback for the upcoming Generation VI. There are many great Pokémon introduced in the Hoenn region, including the legendary ones, and it would be nice if we were to catch them once again in various routes.

I'd also like to see some of the Generation IV Pokémon return in X and Y.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I really hope alot of Gen II and III Pokemon make a return. Gen III is my favorite generation cause Hoenn is just beautiful. I know there's rumors of Sableye getting an evolution and even though I know it's not true, it makes me hopeful there's gonna be alot of Hoenn Pokemon getting evolutions and making returns to the region's Pokedex. And a Sableye evolution is something I've been wanting for a while. Some Gen IV and V Pokemon would be cool. Hopefully Audino so I can hack and slash them again for EXP again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I know this topic has been done to death and I know you've all heard it, but I'll write it anyway. I really want Gyarados to return, and If it does - change it to a FREAKING water/dragon type like it is supposed to be!
Personally, I have always HATED the water/flying type. Adding flying properties to water types sure did give them an immunity to ground and neutrality to grass, except now it has a 4x weakness to electricity and is now weak against the most annoying attack in the metagame - stealth rock. You know what? I wouldn't find Gyarados' typing that bad if IT ACTUALLY LEARNT ANY FREAKING FLYING MOVES! Giving Gyarados a STAB boost for moves that it doesn't even have is one thing I hated.

The thing I hated most about Gyarados' typing is that in gen 1 it was originally going to be a water/dragon. But since this typing makes it only weak to dragon, and the only offensive dragon move was dragon rage and twister (I think), GameFreak decided to change it's typing so it wasn't overpowered.
But in the later gens they added more powerful dragon moves (such as dragon pulse an outrage), but GameFreak still left Gyarados as a water/flying. WHY!!!!!!!!

With all honesty, I would even prefer Gyarados to be a mono - water type, if of course it doesn't become a water/dragon in gen 6.

Guy

just a guy
Years
We still don't know if those are in the game or if they were just for show.

I would say Tympole, Plapitoad, Seismitoad, Golett, Golurk, and Eevee are all in the game due to the statue from the preview, though that also isn't guaranteed as we had Pikachu Statues in Nimbasa.
If they were just for show, I have to say they selected a pretty nice group of Pokémon of which I wouldn't mind seeing available early in the games. Although, why not just stick to Pokémon more basic and popular amongst the fan base such as Pikachu (which they showed) or Lucario rather than select such an obscure group of Pokémon?

Given the reveal of Sylveon, I would say it's practically guaranteed that at least a number of Pokémon from previous generations are going to show up, some of which may even have new stages of evolution. So while we're still waiting for confirmation on the Pokémon they've shown, I'm kind of leaning more towards them being included rather than being used as substitutes.

I know this topic has been done to death and I know you've all heard it, but I'll write it anyway. I really want Gyarados to return, and If it does - change it to a FREAKING water/dragon type like it is supposed to be!
Personally, I have always HATED the water/flying type. Adding flying properties to water types sure did give them an immunity to ground and neutrality to grass, except now it has a 4x weakness to electricity and is now weak against the most annoying attack in the metagame - stealth rock. You know what? I wouldn't find Gyarados' typing that bad if IT ACTUALLY LEARNT ANY FREAKING FLYING MOVES! Giving Gyarados a STAB boost for moves that it doesn't even have is one thing I hated.

The thing I hated most about Gyarados' typing is that in gen 1 it was originally going to be a water/dragon. But since this typing makes it only weak to dragon, and the only offensive dragon move was dragon rage and twister (I think), GameFreak decided to change it's typing so it wasn't overpowered.
But in the later gens they added more powerful dragon moves (such as dragon pulse an outrage), but GameFreak still left Gyarados as a water/flying. WHY!!!!!!!!

With all honesty, I would even prefer Gyarados to be a mono - water type, if of course it doesn't become a water/dragon in gen 6.
There's a chance, should the Pokémon shown in the trailer be included in X and Y, that Magikarp may be available and there Gyarados as well. However, let's keep the topic on which Pokémon we want to see return. Discussing change of type and going into such depth is a different topic all on its own.

Last edited:
Back