• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I am gonnaaa be mad if u dont put the link sooon Arrrrrrrrghhhhhh!
:'(
The link for checkpoint 1.2? Checkpoints are for beta testers, anybody can become one if they like. Checkpoint 1.2 is actually going to be a really polished checkpoint 1, since one of my beta testers Flamebot found most of the bugs for me. But it doesn't hurt if you try it out yourself!

What do you do in the Silversky Forest? The Gym Leader is gone, I have cut, a Sapphire, and read the messages in the city on the trees and the "The path has been shifted..." thing. I just dont know. thanx.
There is a night time event that occurs in Silversky Town that will lead into the forest.

Will you be adding Megas?
I strongly dislike the idea of "Megas." I'm not liking the direction Game Freak went with Pokemon in general for generation 6. It just feels really really weird. But after watching the trailer for Megas, my opinion have changed. They actually seem pretty cool! I just don't like the name they gave it. "Megas," sound vague and lame. They could have given it a more epic name. But they won't be in this game.
----------
Well, I am going to release checkpoint 1.2 really soon. Thanks to Flamebot, one of my beta testers for helping me knock out some of those bugs. I now have four beta testers! I appreciate the help guys!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
(Sorry for nagging) does 8:00 mean computer time? or in-game somewhere? how do i know what time it is?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
(Sorry for nagging) does 8:00 mean computer time? or in-game somewhere? how do i know what time it is?
It's in game time, which uses the time of your computer. I'm going to have to make a clock script just in case if people don't have similar situations.
Also, 8:00pm. This game does not use the 24 hour clock.
----------
Well, here's some pics of Route 55 and Aqualight City! Hmm, where did all the people go? And why is there so many cops out?!
-----

-----
Get ready for checkpoint 1.2 beta testers!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I can't redo this but View attachment 69202 after I battle all of them that staircase disappeares. Screent shot didnt save I found invisable wall somewhere to. But only on step long, and has no effect on gameplayView attachment 69203 game still crashes here to. Game also crashes if you lose against old man on route 55.
You need to restart the game. Which old man?

Checkpoint 1.2 has a bit of changed flags. This would be the last time restarting of the game will be required. However, I cannot promise any thing as 100% bug free from continuing from a previous release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
No need to restart. I managed. And the old dude with the hate. Anyways, if you have a save from where you handed me checkpoint 1.1 I didn't need to restart.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
No need to restart. I managed. And the old dude with the hate. Anyways, if you have a save from where you handed me checkpoint 1.1 I didn't need to restart.
Did you try losing to any other person on that route?
Few notes for beta testers. Items are being worked on at the moment. So you may see some items with usual or blank descriptions, or even incorrect. Me changing the items around will be an ongoing process that should be all finished by checkpoint 3. Also, Abra with teleport is screwed up. Teleport has its own "lastpokecentervisit" which I haven't learned of. Teleport is quite useless and uncommon since there's escape ropes and Dig, so that move will be omitted from the game.

Years
Did you try losing to any other person on that route?
Few notes for beta testers. Items are being worked on at the moment. So you may see some items with usual or blank descriptions, or even incorrect. Me changing the items around will be an ongoing process that should be all finished by checkpoint 3. Also, Abra with teleport is screwed up. Teleport has its own "lastpokecentervisit" which I haven't learned of. Teleport is quite useless and uncommon since there's escape ropes and Dig, so that move will be omitted from the game.

No, I forgot sorry. But yes, it was useless to restart. If you were to repatch 1.0 and play/save then use 1.2 it should work. Atleast my save from 1.0 worked but not the 1.1

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years

-----
I made additional scripts to handle the appearance of steps once Professor Oak takes you into the lab. I have just tried this and the steps are still there because of my additional scripts. I also had problems using a prior version's save for some reason. That is because I also changed some flags, so then the order of events got screwed up I'm assuming. Once checkpoint 1.2 is fully ironed out, then I'll resume work on checkpoint 2 which will be pretty quick.

EDIT 1 - Attention beta testers. Those two Pokeballs you see in your room is beta material. I left it in there on purpose. You should use it if you are interested in testing Pokemon evolution levels and catching any Pokemon in order for testing purposes.

EDIT 2 - Color coating the main page!

EDIT 3- As far as the difficulty with leveling go. I tried my best with balance. I had no problems advancing through the battles. I try to make them fun and refreshing, especially with the NPC. The NPC is quite entertaining in this game! Also, let me know if you found the leveling too hard/easy! Thanks! I try to make the level curve "just right!"

Last edited:
Years
Onyx doesn't evolve from level. Also is there ev points in this? I'm still re running to find any glitchs I missed. Seems like we got ALOT cleared. But I know I messed acouple invisable walls, and I need to re find them. So far, the only other minnor thing that I have found is the areas on pokedex are still kanto. I still got to wait till 8:00 to advanced then I can tell you if stair glitch and blackout glitch are still active.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Onyx doesn't evolve from level. Also is there ev points in this? I'm still re running to find any glitchs I missed. Seems like we got ALOT cleared. But I know I messed acouple invisable walls, and I need to re find them. So far, the only other minnor thing that I have found is the areas on pokedex are still kanto. I still got to wait till 8:00 to advanced then I can tell you if stair glitch and blackout glitch are still active.
Onix will be evolving through the use of a new stone called the Earth Stone. Any Pokemon that gains a Rock/Ground/Steel typing through evolution, will be using this stone to evolve. It is going to be a super ultra rare evolution stone that is found in the earth's deepest chambers...

As for the blackout glitch. I figured it out. This only crashes the game after visiting the Pokecenter in Aqualight, I screwed up the return blackout script for that center. So if you are preparing to blackout, visit the Route 54 Pokecenter's first. The Pokedex thing will take a while to overhaul, so that will be done in a much later beta.

Every Pokemon has EV points in this game when battling them. I am in the process of trying to make EV training easier in this game and less time consuming.

Last edited:
Years
Onix will be evolving through the use of a new stone called the Earth Stone. Any Pokemon that gains a Rock/Ground/Steel typing through evolution, will be using this stone to evolve. It is going to be a super ultra rare evolution stone that is found in the earth's deepest chambers...

As for the blackout glitch. I figured it out. This only crashes the game after visiting the Pokecenter in Aqualight, I screwed up the return blackout script for that center. So if you are preparing to blackout, visit the Route 54 Pokecenter's first. The Pokedex thing will take a while to overhaul, so that's will be done in a much later beta.

Every Pokemon has EV points in this game when battling them. I am in the process of trying to make EV training easier in this game and less time consuming.

Macho brace and pokerus. And alright. Also in the grass gym you cannot see the exit, mind you you can still exit. (Obviously)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Unit stone doesnt work(won't bring up your party like other evolution stones). old rod won't work in any water.
I already said that items are being worked on and won't be fully completed until checkpoint 3. I'm in the starting phases of just renaming them. Unit Stones won't be that available so early in the game, haha. Unit Stones by the way are stones that will evolve the original Kanto Pokemon that evolved by trading (with no items). I know Old Rods does not work yet. That will be fixed in beta 3.
----------
Introducing, the Underground's basement floor. After the police have invaded the town, you get to go into the yucky basement! These guys are no joke...
-----

-----
Hmmm, all those Cue Balls... is that the fight that the cops were talking about?! How do I get over there... hehe.
And that Fighter Bro seemingly wants to a punch hole so hard, that a door appears... hehe!
-----
Now they want their mommys!
-----

-----
Route 54? What? Oh no, someone is on the loose!
-----
Welcome Gym Leader Aquinas, a man of class, art, and clarity!
Here is a peek of his gym:
-----

-----
Who needs Surf when you got hops! =P Chea!

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Man, undergrounds basement floor looks pretty decent.
The Taejo World is going to have a whole underground network. I want to make the region integrated as possible. Taejo Underpass and the Undergrounds are going to be quite extensive and connected in very secretive ways. Who knows what you may find... hehe.
----------
Well, there are no screenshots for now! There will be when Ignite Heights is completed!
But introducing five new evolution stones (the elemental and sun/moon stones are still intact)!
---
Murk Stone - Murkrow be straight murkin' haha. A very vile stone. Maybe you might find one in Murk Cave. A cave that hosts dark types.
Earth Stone - Used for Pokemon that gains a Rock/Ground/Steel typing upon evolution. Found in the deepest depths of the Earth. Slugma would love this.
Unit Stone - Utilized for the four original Kanto tradable Pokemon.
Bliss Stone - Usually for fairy types or Pokemon that gains a fairy type.
Brute Stone - The polar opposite of the bliss stone. Usually used for dragon types or for Pokemon that evolves into a more aggressive Pokemon.
Many Pokemon will make use of these, more of the rarer ones:
Happiny (daytime friendship) -----> Chansey (bliss stone) -----> Blissey (fairy type)
Magikarp (brute stone) -----> Gyarados (water/fire type)*

*Gyarados is a water/fire type in this game... well there's an ingame event behind this... at Frozen Fire Lake... it's all Inferno's fault... he got poor Gyarados all pissed off!

Back