• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
For me It´s Kingdom hearts 2 or Skyrim Its hard to decide.

But First here are the things I liked in Kingdom Hearts 2.
- It has a amazing story.
- Even if you didn´t playd the spin-off games (like me) you can just jump right back in the story.
- It has a great battle mechanic that allows planed battles as well as action.
- It Improved itself from the first game and made itself even better.
- you got to visit old worlds and new worlds.
- Also they accomplished to put two completly different universes together and made it work.

The reasons why skyrim is a great game should by now been known.
- Great Story.
- Beautiful environment.
- Lots of side-quests.
- Many places to explore.
- Great DLC-Content.
- And almost endless play-time.

But if I have to choose It will probably be the Kingdom hearts series. These games were my childhood and I was so excited when I saw the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3.

Other Favourite Games: Okami, Final Fantasy 4,6 and 12

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Yeah I'm not going to argue about games because there's a HUGE storm and it's creeping me out. I normally don't get scared by storms but the thunder sounds earth shattering. Anyways, another game that I took a liking to is Ocarina of Time(Legend of Zelda) The graphics were amazing, and the music sounded so nice and stuff and overall just awesome. Yes, skyrim is known exactly for those reasons which is why I love it. And I like pickpocketing people.

Years
Until something else can completely blow me out of the water, I'll always say that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favorite video game.

It's hard to believe that even though it was released more than 20 years ago now (man, that makes me feel old...), but it's still just as fun for me to pick up and play now than when I first tried it as a kid. It has very simple controls where you really just need one button and the d-pad, which means almost anyone can pick it up and start playing. It also has a very catchy soundtrack that fit well with the levels, and can easily get stuck in your head for days.

Even to this day, I'll still play the game every once and a while- either on my DS or just through an emulator. I don't think there are any games that have come out over the past few years that I can still see myself playing decades down the line like I do with Sonic 2.

Years
You do realise how insanely difficult this question is, right?
I've had to narrow it down a few:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Luigi's Mansion
Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario 64 DS
Professor Layton and the Lost Future
New Super Luigi U
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Metroid Fusion
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

There are many, many more, but these are my top favourite games ever.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I'm going to go with Final Fantasy VII. It was my first RPG and it has always held a close personal spot in my heart. I remember watching my older brother for hours and when he let me play it I was always so confused with the game, overwhelmed. But I still enjoyed it greatly.

It was not until my later years would I truly appreciate everything about the game (once I came to understand the games workings).

At 19, I had beat the game, got all the Level 4 Limit breaks for everyone except Aeris, bred a Gold and Black Chocobo and most importantly, got the Knights of the Round Materia.

But, the biggest problem is, when you're done with all the stuff above, there's really no other reason to play.

But anyway, yes, this game is my favorite among every game I've ever played.

Honorable Mentions
Spoiler:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Don't even get me STARTED on this game. I spent WEEKS tracking it down, until it popped up in a local Gamestop.

I love this game... I really need to set some time to play through it. I remember playing through it when I was a lot younger and I loved it almost as much as FFVII, but I think the fact that there were so many endings made it feel like an incomplete experience. But still, amazing!

The endings aren't too important. They only matter when it comes to the final boss of one of the post-game dungeons (Urssa Cave Temple). If you get Fayt's solo ending then you have to fight Fayt and Luther, but if you get an ending with another character then you have to fight Fayt and that character. It's definitely not worth it to get Nel's ending, though. Fayt/Nel is the only combo that I have more problems with than Fayt/Luther. Everybody else is really easy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

This is one of the few direct sequels that I would say improved upon their predecessor in every way. OoT was a long and revolutionary game, but the characters and story are so boring that I couldn't bring myself to care about it.

Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie

By far the best platformers I've ever played. Great controls, awesome level design, and insanely memorable music. Plus, they're incredibly hilarious.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
It's currently an ongoing battle against Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Banjo-Kazooie, but for me leaving one out it just wrong.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Call of Duty: MW3 (over run by black ops 2 campers now)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Kingdom Hearts Series
"Tales of" series
Borderlands 2
Naruto Storm 3
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Platinum
Sonic Adventure 2
DBZ: Budokai 3
Skyrim 360 version

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have a lot but I'll narrow it down to two. My two favorite games would have to be Pokemon HGSS (DS) and Smash Bros Brawl (Wii).

I decided to include HGSS in my top two because I seem to play it a ton. G/S/C were my favorite Pokemon games, and Johto is my favorite region ever, so naturally you would guess I love HGSS. Also, it introduced just a lot of awesome new features like the follow-me and triathlon. I replay this game the most out of all the Pokemon games.

And Smash Bros Brawl is pretty self explanatory. It's just a kick-ass game. The characters, stages, story mode, etc. So much to do. And the online play is top notch (most of the time) and I can just spend a lot of time playing it. It never seems to get boring to me. Now I actually want to play it right now lmao.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My favourite game is a three-way tie! It's between Grandia, Digimon World and Borderlands 2. Each have flaws such as Grandia's grinding system, Digimon World's infinite number of glitches, and Borderlands 2's petering story line towards the end, but I think these are my top three games of all time. They're very diverse games from each other but I enjoyed each one immensely and they each have countless replay value; but maybe not once you've only just completed the story haha. An honourable mention goes to H.E.D.Z which would be my number one favourite game since it's incredibly intuitive and extremely fun to play, but the huge amount of glitches and bugs ruins that. :p

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
tumblr_m7ee83I4Nw1qgtqqf.jpg

I don't care what anyone says. Fanboys praise this game to high heaven and trolls rip it apart.

I grew up with this game. I was around 8 or 9 when my cousin gave it to me, and I played it with my brother until I reached a certain point where we just couldn't continue. Although I was too young to really grasp the story... I felt a strong connection to it. The graphics, the battle system, the Materia system, the music... oh my god, the music. I remember playing Smash Brothers Melee while listening to the world map music. I would have the sound for my PS2 plugged in, and the Gamecube would have the video plugged in. I would park my party in the world map and listen to it while playing. I would enter a battle and do nothing just to listen to the battle music.

Everything about this game I find perfect. The storyline had the right amount of everything. I connected with every character, and I felt like I was a part of the journey. I remember crying my eyes out in the scene that everyone should know about. I didn't like Aerith any more than Tifa (in fact, I MUCH preferred Tifa; I thought her and Cloud held far stronger chemistry due to their history) but I still liked Aerith. It made me despise Sephiroth.

Every time I play through the game, I notice something I didn't notice in a previous playthrough. Little tidbits about the translation, real world connections, cut data... something always intrigues me about the game, and playing through it every time is still a unique experience.

Sure, it has it's flaws. Every game does. And even if I take off the rose coloured nostalgia goggles... I believe it's perfect in every way shape or form, and I have yet to encounter a game with such emotion and character. This is my favourite game of all time, and it will be forever

You... You've touched my heart. I couldn't agree with you more. My sister says I'm addicted. Maybe I am, because it's just so wonderful. I enjoy its mix of realism and fantasy, the characters are great and the music is to die for! And yes, I think Cloud and Tifa a best suited together. I don't really have anything against Aeris, but I'm just more of a Cloti fan. Aeris should be with Zack, imo.

Years
Definitely Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. It's so amazing, great graphics and story, unbeatable online multiplayer, and all you could ask for in a PS3 game.
P.S. Xbox SUCKS!!!

ReeDim

Pokémusician (H4XH4X0R)
Years
My favourite game always changes, but after downloading it through PlayStation Plus, my current favourite is also Okami, or more specifically, Okami HD.

It was a couple of months ago that I downloaded it, because being around this board and other forums (I admit, I used to play FeralHeart, and it was on that forum that I first heard about the Okami franchise), I found out about it and looked into it, but it was pretty expensive at the time, and then one day, a YouTube ad popped up and showcased Okami on the PSPlus list, so I downloaded it to try it out.

To put it simply, I was not disappointed.

I've knew about Cel Shading for a while in video games, but Clover Studio pulled off the graphics style in the classic Japanese Sumi-e style, which works so well with the base concept of many Japanese legends combined. I also think I have learned a lot of Japanese mythology from it.
Also, it looks stunning in 1080p, and I'm glad Capcom released it in HD.

After I've completed it (I've only just restored Sei-An City), my favourite game will probably change again, as I'm just that sort of person who doesn't stick with one game or genre.
My favourites may change later on in the year, because I am hyped about the eventual releases of Pokémon X/Y, GTA V, Saint's Row IV, and Battlefield 4.

Years
A tough call between Final Fantasy tactics, Majora's Mask, and Metroid Prime. FFT has my favorite story and music of any game, MM has my favorite gameplay, and Metroid Prime has my favorite atmosphere and graphics.

Can't go wrong with any of them really.

TY

My favorite game is and will always be Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, simply because it was my childhood. I didnt played the popular games everyone played at school. Instead i went home and played this game. It got me into RTS games and modding them. Even now im still playing and modding it.

The graphics may be old, the gameplay is just lovely, the game is pretty balanced (even if it doesnt look like it is) and requires a lot of anticipation (as with most RTS games).

I bought it since it came out, then i 'rebought' it by buying The First Decade and now its released as free. One of the best RTS games IMO

Years
Aha, choosing a favorite video game is a challenge, I can tell you that for free.

But out of the ones I've played I can give you a few titles I have crazy enjoyed; FarCry 3, Battlefield 3, Metro 2033. Yeah, they're my top 3, it's hard to choose more than them, after a 3 month video game absence it's not easy to remember what games I've played. But I remember them so they must be good, right?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
FEAR. Mind blowing graphics and effects at the time, perfect use of audio pacing, and it still has the best FPS AI to date.

Oh, then there that creepy Alma. Always around the wrong corner, always waiting for you when you least expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back