• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Whats the end of the beta 1?

It's once you Beat misty/or go to BILL which ever you do last?
Actually, it ends when you beat the Rocket Grunt on Route 5. In order to do that, you have to beat Misty.

Route 24 & 25 is entirely optional, though in the next beta it will be impossible to go on the S.S. Anne without saving Bill first.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I love the tiles and the hack. Very well made. Kudos to you, Chaos Rush. Good luck on finishing. It must take a lot of time and effort to make something this nice.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
How far does beta1fixed go to?

is it like all the way to the end and beta 2 is fine tuning?

someone pm me the answer!

Nevermind just looked at the post right above mine...

GOOD JOB I LOVE IT!!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just posting to say that this game is getting somewhat of a major graphics change. Many of you may not like it, but I'm going to have to restart anyway because of JPAN recently discovering certain variables that you shouldn't use. Don't worry, a lot of the tiles will be exactly the same.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
your restarting again? oh no...

well then may I propose a helpfulnessity thing...

Spoiler:

in that spoiler is somthing i'm working on, Emerald animations for FR pokemon sprites, becuase let's face it, the RSE 150 pokemon suck. So I'll finish up these, and let you use them for free. I know you said you wouldn't change sprites for a while, but this is long term you see.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
The thing I noticed most about this hack is the awesome tiles. This feels like a DS adventure thanks to those incredible graphics. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Spoiler:

in that spoiler is somthing i'm working on, Emerald animations for FR pokemon sprites, becuase let's face it, the RSE 150 pokemon suck. So I'll finish up these, and let you use them for free. I know you said you wouldn't change sprites for a while, but this is long term you see.
I've already made secondary frames myself for all 151 Pokemon (but I'm not going to insert them):
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222966

And the Emerald animations DO NOT suck, it's just a matter of opinion. And at first, since I was making 4th Gen-ish battle backgrounds, neither the R/S/E or FR/LG sprites match with them, so I decided to make 64x64 versions of 4th Gen sprites (that are properly resized, unlike most hacks -_-), but for now, I'm sticking with the R/S/E battle backgrounds, since then they'll match the sprites.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
That's creepy, I'VE NEVER SEEN THESE, YET ALOT OF MINE ARE VERY SIMILAR TO YOURS 0_O i GUESS GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay, I have some bad news. Even though it's not particularly about DarkViolet, it's about the future of Pokémon Saga.

Let me say this once again, Pokémon Saga is supposed to be 4 games. Two of them are on GBA, and the other two are on DS. The GBA ones will be DarkViolet and Jade, while the DS ones will keep their official names, HeartGold and Platinum. Anyways, so when the time comes to start, "Pokémon Saga - Platinum", one of the things that will be changes is the PokéDex order. As you guys know, in Platinum, they were really lazy in the Sinnoh Dex expansion that they just added Pokémon to the end of that, and it looked really weird because there were legendaries in the middle of the Pokedex. Since I'm going to re-order it (but keep the Pokémon the same), I did a Sinnoh Dex test edit just to see if it will work. Just for testing purposes, I simply changed the Sinnoh Dex to the Johto Dex. Here were my results:
72577899.png
59418491.png
84049029.png

As you can see, Pokémon that weren't originally in the Sinnoh Dex will not display numbers. That will not be a problem, since in Pokémon Saga Platinum, the Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex will be exactly the same, but it will be re-ordered to make sense. This is what I want the Sinnoh Dex order to be:
Spoiler:

So you may ask, if the Pokémon are going to be the same, then what's the problem? Well, the numbers won't display in the correct order. For instance, it will say that Giratina is #210 even though I moved it to #209, it will say that Manaphy is #151 even though I moved it to #210, and it will say that Dialga is #149 even though I moved it to #207, etc.

However, that's not much of a big problem considering the problems I had with HeartGold: I tried the same thing with Platinum, except in reverse. So I changed the Johto Dex to the Sinnoh Dex. Here were my results:
26302074.png
31511606.png
27235856.png

As you can see, it's A LOT glitchier than what happened with Platinum. Only Pokémon that appear in the HG/SS Johto Dex AND the Platinum Sinnoh Dex are listed (yes, Lickilicky is in the Johto Dex in HG/SS).

Here is what I want the new Johto PokéDex to be in Pokémon Saga HeartGold:
Spoiler:

As you can see, I only want 210 Pokémon, not 256. Now most of these Pokémon listed above are in the HG/SS Johto PokéDex, but there are certain Pokémon that weren't, such as Azurill, Magmortar, Weavile, etc. The only narc file that resembles PokéDex data is at a/0/7/4, while another place is at 0x64D2180. If I were to change the order to the way I wanted (the list above), then the Pokémon order would not be right, and Pokémon that weren't there originally, such as Azurill, Magmortar, and Weavile, would not appear at all even though they would be in the list. (and there's a graphical glitch where the textboxes don't show up)

Now I know this doesn't affect DarkViolet at all, but like it or not, DarkViolet has always been a part of Pokémon Saga, even when it was called ShadowAmethyst. I guess I'll continue working on DarkViolet and Jade, but finding out that I won't be able to edit the PokéDex the way I want it in future Pokémon Saga games really sucks the motivation out of me.

Right now, DarkViolet and Jade are fine, but Platinum is a little screwed, and HeartGold is VERY screwed. I was really looking forward to playing through Johto the way I wanted to, and that was part of my motivation. But now a huge chunk of my motivation is gone, knowing that at this point I may never be able to complete Pokémon Saga the way I want it.

I mean, sure, I give you the National Dex in DarkViolet right away, but that's not what I want in the final version. I guess the only way to make it work right now is simply: Pretend regional PokéDexes don't exist. That means I might have to give you the National Dex right away in all 4 Pokémon Saga games, but I REALLY do not want to do that.

Years
Seeing you won't be back until March or April I'm not sure if my question will be answered. It would be if the old man and his Machop finished the building in Vermilion, but it wasn't finished in Heart Gold and Soul Silver anyways. Or are you gonna make a funny reference to it?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'm sorry that I'm a bit late, but I finally completed Beta 1.
There are a few oddites/glitches you need to watch for, though.

When the old man in Vidrian City tries to demonstrate on how to catch a Pokemon, first of all, the backsprite is unchanged, and the text of the old man is unchanged as well.

I don't understand why, but there's a big gap here.

Tile error. The starting of the bridge seems like as if it's "cut" off in half?

If I try going back to this ladder, I'll warped into a different place instead. (Stuck in a wall.)

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
I like the screenshots. I have the 1986_Emerald_(U) rom is this the correct rom to patch? every time I patch it. I play the rom and it doesn't have anything altered from Emerald version. plz help I cannot find on the site where this is discussed. ALSO I USE LIPS to patch it. does this matter?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
Played through the Beta now, and I have to say...

I loved every minute of it. Love the premise, love the maps and love that there may yet be a whole series of them. Hang in there. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2015
How pokemon like machop evolve in this hack? by trade or level? and what level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back