• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black hack: Pokémon Dark Black & Light White

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
643.gif
Pokémon Dark Black | Pokémon Light White
644.gif
495.png
Summary

Pokémon Dark Black and Pokémon Light White are edits of the regular Pokémon Black and White versions where all 649 Pokémon are obtainable and as close to being equally usable as I could manage. So now you can play with your favorites without worrying about them having low stats. All Pokémon have had stat changes, changes to movesets, some ability changes, and in a few cases, type. Majority of Pokémon will maintain the current play style they have but with improvements, though some of them will have major changes to make them match up to the tougher pokes.

In addition, DB & LW also have all trainers editted with new teams, an increased difficulty, (for those that like a challenge) improvements to all Pokémon and much more.

The sole purpose of this hack is to make every Pokémon as useful as the next, as well as give players a challenge they will never forget. Be warned though, this hack is very difficult and isn't for the faint of heart. For those of you that don't like to grind, (like me) good luck.

155.png
Features
  • All 649 Pokémon are obtainable in some way, version doesn't matter much, you'll be able to get ever Pokémon no matter which one you play.
  • All Pokémon have had changes to their stats, some minor, some major. All fully evolved Pokémon, (with the exception of starters, psuedo-legends, and legendaries) have a stat total of 565. The stat total for the starters and psuedo-legends are 580 and 600 respectively. Stat totals for legendaries vary.
  • Most Pokémon have had changes to their abilities, and a few amount have changes to their type. These changes either, a) Made sense to me. b) Were placed because the original abilities of that Pokémon weren't all that useful, or c) Both.
  • All Pokémon have improved movesets to increase their capability in battle. Some have also had changes to their TM and HM compatibility.
  • There have also been changes to some Pokémon's evolution methods, mostly with those that required trading to evolve, as well as Pokémon that evolve at unreasonably high levels. For example, Mienfoo now evolves into Mienshao at level 40 instead of level 50. These games are entirely self-contained, no trading will be required to complete your Pokédex.
  • Every trainer has been edited with new, stronger teams. The difficulty level has been increased greatly starting at Route 1. You can finally experience the challenge you have always wanted, though be careful what you wish for.
  • A number of attacks have also been editted to make them more useful. The edits are mostly in terms of power, accuracy, and PP, but some have edits to their effects, and some types, edited.
  • Items found in the field have been changed considerably, to include TMs, evolution items and fossils previously only found post-League. The items have been adjusted in such a way that makes it convenient for the game's progress. Multiples of certain items, such as the evolution stones, the Lucky Egg and the EXP Share are also given out, all in the name of convenience.
  • All five in-game trades will be edited, giving you new possibilities for your team.
  • I included a group of documents that show all the major changes to the games in case you want to know before you play. Be sure to check these for important info!
393.png
Screenshots and Videos
Spoiler:

252.png
Credits

Drayano: Without him I wouldn't have been able to do almost ANYTHING with this hack. He helped me out so much, and gave me the support I needed to go through with it. Thank you so much :)
Twistedfatal: His Pokémon Black & Pokémon White stat editor is what got me started on this hack and also played a major part in its production. The most import part of this hack made easy.
Andibad: His level up move editor, which is cutting my work load in half, is making my progress move much faster than it could've been had I been hex editing, wish I found this sooner.
KazoWAR: His trainer editor is an AMAZING tool, made things so much easier because I'm not that good at hex editing. I also used his wild Pokémon editor, another major part of this hack made easy thanks to him.
Oxnite: His attack editor was of great use to me, without it I wouldn't have been able to edit the moves the way I wanted to.

4.png
Progress (Soon to be "Download")

Level Up Move Changes - 602/667 (90%)
Trainer Teams - 36/43 (84%)

I will upload the patch when I finish off the level up moves, then I'll upload a new one when I finish the trainer teams.

649-burn.png
Known Bugs/Glitches
Major - Minor - Fixed
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
This hack seems similar to Blaze Black/Volt white but it is still good. Keep it up.
When the hack will be complete I'll play it.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
This patch is error,
Don't patch
What exactly is the problem you are having? I just tested it out and it worked perfect for me.

This hack seems similar to Blaze Black/Volt white but it is still good. Keep it up.
When the hack will be complete I'll play it.
There are some similarities because it was inspired by it, but there are also many differences.

Those shadows in Pokémon screen don't look really nice covering the types :/
Would it be possible to fix that?
I would if I knew how. Besides the sprites move around when playing so you can see the types better.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well this looks cool. You may want to consider a version of this for people who don't want editted BSTs or movesets though. A Patch for people who just want full Pokemon availablility and tougher trainers. Obviously the nature of this hack is to improve and make much loved Pokemon more usable, so it's no big deal if you don't. It was just a thought.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Well this looks cool. You may want to consider a version of this for people who don't want editted BSTs or movesets though. A Patch for people who just want full Pokemon availablility and tougher trainers. Obviously the nature of this hack is to improve and make much loved Pokemon more usable, so it's no big deal if you don't. It was just a thought.

Lol I was thinking of actually doing the opposite, making a version with all the changes but lower difficulty. I'm still unsure though. I'll probably make both versions but that would come a while after finishing the main version.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I can't wait to play this!! When will it be released?

Hopefully soon. I've been taking my time on finishing this, on the verge of procrastination. I just need to edit the last half of the Sinnoh Pokemon as well as all the Unova ones, also some post-game routes, then it'll be done.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Looks great, but why on earth would you make Emboar a part-Ground Type? I can understand not wanting it to be a Fire/Fighting Type, but there are other Types it can be without having a quad weakness to Water Types.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Looks great, but why on earth would you make Emboar a part-Ground Type? I can understand not wanting it to be a Fire/Fighting Type, but there are other Types it can be without having a quad weakness to Water Types.

I see Emboar as a Fire/Ground type more so than a Fire/Fighting type, or another combination. Though 4x weakness to Water is pretty bad it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Also I have done very little with this as I was very busy with school for the past little while but things are starting to cool down again. I finished off the level up moves for Sinnoh earlier today so that just leaves Unova. I will try to work on it some more over the rest of the weekend. I have updated the first post with my progress as well as added a section on the bugs/glitches that I have found while testing what I currently edited.

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I want to point one of your errors. In the Bugs section, you have listed that after using a Repel it doesn't gives the option to use another. This is not a bug. The fact is, that this feature was implemented in BW2 not BW.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I want to point one of your errors. In the Bugs section, you have listed that after using a Repel it doesn't gives the option to use another. This is not a bug. The fact is, that this feature was implemented in BW2 not BW.

Was it really? I could've sworn it was in BW... Guess you're right though, thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix that right away.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
I'm sorry, but those are screenshots of BlazeBlack and VoltWhite. Either that or you are making a cheap rip-off of said games.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I'm sorry, but those are screenshots of BlazeBlack and VoltWhite. Either that or you are making a cheap rip-off of said games.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but, you have been mistaken in your accusation. The screenshots are in fact from my hack and not BlazeBlack and VoltWhite, though there are some similarities the games are still different. There will of course be similarities when it comes to ALL hacks of the same game(s) when in the sideshow showcase. The screenshots for my hack and the screenshots for BlazeBlack and VoltWhite, if I recall correctly, are all early game screenshots as well which would increase the similarities in them. Also the credits for my hack show that Drayano, the creator of BlazeBlack and VoltWhite, helped me with making my hack so of course they'll appear somewhat similar. Again I'm sorry that you feel this way, if you have any further problems please feel free to VM/PM me.

Years
This looks awesome. I have only dabbled in a few hacks, but I will be sure to play this one A LOT. Keep up the great work!

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
This looks awesome. I have only dabbled in a few hacks, but I will be sure to play this one A LOT. Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I just finished off a third of the unova pokemon's level up moves and think I'm gonna call it a day. Expect a patch soon though as I'm nearly complete. :D

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Your 'major bug' is probably because you set the battle in a double battle, which causes the game to freeze when loading. Double battles always have to be two people like twins, duo, etc.

Also, (as said before,) your hack is a bit outclassed by other 649 hacks like BBVW, Ying Black/Yang White, etc. I'd suggest you to implement something that distinguishes your hack from them. Why not try to experiment with script or map editing? Just something so one gets a fresh feeling when playing this hack. This will surely make your hack a lot more attractive. But then again, you did state it was different enough, so...

But congratulations on the big effort you put into this. I hope your final product is a beautiful hack.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Your 'major bug' is probably because you set the battle in a double battle, which causes the game to freeze when loading. Double battles always have to be two people like twins, duo, etc.

Also, (as said before,) your hack is a bit outclassed by other 649 hacks like BBVW, Ying Black/Yang White, etc. I'd suggest you to implement something that distinguishes your hack from them. Why not try to experiment with script or map editing? Just something so one gets a fresh feeling when playing this hack. This will surely make your hack a lot more attractive. But then again, you did state it was different enough, so...

But congratulations on the big effort you put into this. I hope your final product is a beautiful hack.

I wish that was the solution to the bug but sadly it isn't, the battle is and always has been set to a single battle. Also double battles will work on any trainer so long as you change the trainer's unknown value to match, which I have for any trainers that I made into a double battle (same goes for triple/rotation battles). Thank you for trying though.

Who knows, maybe I will go ahead and add something special in the future once I learn how to script and whatnot, but for now I'm going to leave it as is. All I wanted from this hack was to have an actual challenge when playing a Pokemon game and to be able to use my favorites without worrying about stats and such.

Thank you for taking a look, and the criticism, I appreciate it. :)

Announcement!

I have added a video section to the first post in case anyone would like to see some game play. Its just a quick little bossthrough and it only goes up to the 6th gym so far. I'll be sure to continue adding to it as I continue making the hack.

Another Announcement!

Sadly the document for the level up move edits I did/planned has somehow corrupted when I was editing it on my grandma's computer... Now I'm going to have to retype everything before I can continue making edits.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Announcement!

Alright guys sadly I have to be putting this project on hold. I will finish it as soon as possible but as of now I'm unable to work on it. I have all of it saved on an external hard drive for my laptop but the usb cord for the hard drive seems to have broke so I need to get a new one before I can continue working on it. Also I discovered another bug that I added to the Bugs & Glitches section. I may have figured out a solution to these problems but again I can't work on it right now.

I'll be sure to update here as soon as I get these problems fixed.

Back