• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

20th Anniversary of Pokemon

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
The 20th anniversary of Pokemon will be here next year. I can't believe it has been that long. My very first game was Link's Awakening and me second game(as well as my first Pokemon game)was Silver version. My brother got two for christmas and gave me the extra one. At the time he had Blue, Yellow and Silver. I borrowed Yellow and liked it more than Silver which is weird considering the graphics were worse(battle wise). I wasn't really a fan of the anime series though, I was a Digimon fan instead. I grew up around the time when the cards and games were very popular(who knows if they still are)so I'm glad I got to experience that. Especially when I eventually got me another gameboy and a link cable and Yellow, Blue and Gold. Though I was always on punishment so playing them was in secret heheh...

What about any of you, what got you into the games? Do you still play them? Are you a fan of the anime or games or not at all?
Discuss

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
Is it really, because Pokemon first came out in Japan back in Feb. 1995. Anyways, I can't remember how I got into Pokemon. I still play the games and never really got into the anime.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Darn it, I guess i made a poor mistake. But still, 23 years is still a lot for a series to be running and continuing as long as it has.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Moving this to Pokemon General since this is about, well, Pokemon in general. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pocket Monsters Red and Green were released February 27th, 1996. So like Pinky Dawn said, we still have 3 years before the 20th Anniversary.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I got the story of how I got into and it's a bit funny :laugh: but one day back in early 2006 my boy handed me his GB SP with pokemon gold or silver in in to play while he went to use the bathroom, he Never got it back and now he no longer likes it and I have every game from the beginning and will never get out of pokemon I don't think.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Bulbapedia and Pokemon.co.jp disagree.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Red_and_Green_Versions
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/other/gb-rg/

Pokemon.co.jp is the official site.

Never, EVER! Use Wikipedia as a source. Its usually wrong due to random people trying to correct information they disagree with, or people just wanting to mess with it as a whole.

Just to prove the point: From Wikipedia:

Pokémon Red Version and Blue Version, originally released in Japan as Pocket Monsters: Red & Green (ポケットモンスター 赤&緑 Poketto Monsutā Aka & Midori?), are role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy. They are the first installments to the Pokémon series. They were first released in Japan in 1996 as Red and Green, with Blue being released later in the year as a special edition. They were later released as Red and Blue in North America, Europe and Australia over the following three years.

That is from the main Article.

Release date(s)
JP 1995 (original Red and Green versions)[1]
1995 (Blue version)[2]
NA September 30, 1998 [1][3]
EU October 5, 1999[1]
AUS October 23, 1999[1]

That is from the Info box.

Their own information conflicts with itself.

Wikipedia's full list even has Original Red and Green as released in 1996.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_games#List_of_main_Pok.C3.A9mon_games

Last edited:
Back