• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I fix "Save Failed" Message

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
After I put the Gender Selection Script, and tinkered around with the intro of the game to better suit my game; my game will not save. I'm not entirely sure why, I deleted my old save file just in-case it was some kind of corruption issue, but I'm not entirely sure. If anyone has any advice for me to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated, Thank You for your time.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
First of all, thanks for using my script, second, the script will not effect anything more than that script itself... You've edited something somewhere and it's caused a problem... I doubt it's within your intro too, have you made any edits to PokemonSave script section?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
First of all, thanks for using my script, second, the script will not effect anything more than that script itself... You've edited something somewhere and it's caused a problem... I doubt it's within your intro too, have you made any edits to PokemonSave script section?

Hmm, not that I'm aware of, I never even considered touching it. But, when I open it after I make an attempted save file this monstrosity happens.

Spoiler:

...Yeah, I don't even have a single clue. It then tells me that the save file is corrupt or incompatible with the game afterwards and tells me to delete the save file.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What's oldload? What is all that?
Try pasting the error as it is in a spoiler, just delete the spaces between the lines.
Try deleting your save file, usually found in your computers Saved Games, folder, if you don't know where that is, search your game name in the "search" box on windows menu.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
To be honest even I have no idea, it pops up whenever I load my game after an attempted save. There is another message that appears afterwards. And yes, I do know where to delete my game, and I have done it, and to no avail.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What's the errors... No good telling us about them, show us.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So you upgraded you version from x to 12.1? Right...?
Then imported your scripts? Right...?
Then tried to continue game? Yes...?
Because I'm pretty sure the last time I seen those errors were in version 5 or something, a while back when major changes were happening!
Can you choose new game?
Does this happen when you've chosen new game then quit, then clicked continue?
Does it happen upon start up of play testing?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
So you upgraded you version from x to 12.1? Right...?
Then imported your scripts? Right...?
Then tried to continue game? Yes...?
Because I'm pretty sure the last time I seen those errors were in version 5 or something, a while back when major changes were happening!
Can you choose new game?
Does this happen when you've chosen new game then quit, then clicked continue?
Does it happen upon start up of play testing?

I never even considered using version 5, I started when version 11 came out, and yes I did upgrade to 12.1. Yes, I imported all of my scripts, and when I did do that, I was still able to save; this occurred around the time that I inserted your script. Not sure if that is the problem, more often than not, as you stated above; it isn't. Yes, I continued my game, and it worked perfectly. Yes, I can choose new game, but it won't let me save, and when I do an attempted save, after it tells me "Save Failed," and then quit out of the game and come back those specific messages appear. Yes, this does occur when I start up play testing.

Again, it just randomly started happening, once I included your script into the game, its really weird what might have caused it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
If you think it's my script (which it's not), remove it and see what happens, my script only plays around with pictures so it's impossible to cause a problem with other scripts.

you could always PM me a download link to your game and I'll take a look at it... But include your save file too, if you do

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
If you think it's my script (which it's not), remove it and see what happens, my script only plays around with pictures so it's impossible to cause a problem with other scripts.

you could always PM me a download link to your game and I'll take a look at it... But include your save file too, if you do

Yeah, I'll just send you my game and see what's wrong with it. Also I don't really need to send the save, because all you need to do is do an attempted save, then quit out then reload the game.

Back