• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Nice update. I like how everything going on.
Good luck on your project!

A suggestion, try to change the font color to dark blue. It should work better. XD

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You should add some effects into the title screen- like the Digimon's eyes glowing, or there coloured part of their bodies glowing. To give it a nice animated look.
The event and map world screenshots dropped my jaw. Really well done with the mapping and looks amazing. I can't really add anything constructive to this comment lol.

Grandkishidramon looks great too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the sprite.

Reading over my post before I post it, I'm sorry I can't offer any more constructive help, but you seem like you don't need any with this update- so in other words, truly a good job.
Well done.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Nice update there, FMP! the title screen looks really great. And the new digi-fake and the champion form, can't wait to see them as sprites. The city looks neat, and the room background is better. Can't wait to see the next update, keep up the good work xD

Years
Wow

I've been a member of the pokecommunity for a few months now, but this is the first project that has really caught my eye. The start screen is amazing (great use of the digimon main theme music) and the fakemon look great in my opinion.
One quick question, will you be including any digimon that did not appear in any of the ds games? Only asking as there are some digimon like DemiMeramon which were missing from them and I'd like to see them make an appearance.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
sweet you do have more i realized that i missed that earler. all i can say is woot for more of them (i really like fake things it gives the game even more personality from the creators in my opinon). This is one of the first things i check when i come to pokecommunity (and yes i know that, that sounds strange). It is also the first support bar i've ever put in my sig.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Nice update. I like how everything going on.
Good luck on your project!

A suggestion, try to change the font color to dark blue. It should work better. XD

Thanks OG and yeah that probably would work better lol. I'll get to it a bit later.

You should add some effects into the title screen- like the Digimon's eyes glowing, or there coloured part of their bodies glowing. To give it a nice animated look.
The event and map world screenshots dropped my jaw. Really well done with the mapping and looks amazing. I can't really add anything constructive to this comment lol.

Grandkishidramon looks great too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the sprite.

Reading over my post before I post it, I'm sorry I can't offer any more constructive help, but you seem like you don't need any with this update- so in other words, truly a good job.
Well done.

That's perfectly fine Neo, I'm glad you even offer your CC. Hmmm, a phase glow to the Digimon on the titlescreen? Alright I'll give that a shot, it sounds pretty interesting and would probably be a bit more entertaining to look at lol. Thank you.

Nice update there, FMP! the title screen looks really great. And the new digi-fake and the champion form, can't wait to see them as sprites. The city looks neat, and the room background is better. Can't wait to see the next update, keep up the good work xD

Thank you Mulch, Hopefully I'll have a bigger update for you all next time. I'm currently working on a digivoulotion script, let's hope it turns out for the better ;)

I've been a member of the pokecommunity for a few months now, but this is the first project that has really caught my eye. The start screen is amazing (great use of the digimon main theme music) and the fakemon look great in my opinion.
One quick question, will you be including any digimon that did not appear in any of the ds games? Only asking as there are some digimon like DemiMeramon which were missing from them and I'd like to see them make an appearance.

Thank you very much, that's good to know, of course there are many, many more games with trully amazing things in them in this area of the site :P. Hmmm...That's a definite possibility. I'll attempt adding in other Digimon from the real series after I get a decent amount of work done on the game.

sweet you do have more i realized that i missed that earler. all i can say is woot for more of them (i really like fake things it gives the game even more personality from the creators in my opinon). This is one of the first things i check when i come to pokecommunity (and yes i know that, that sounds strange). It is also the first support bar i've ever put in my sig.
Well that's good to know lol, and thank you for supporting us ;)

Amazing keep it up man look great

Thank you, we'll do our best.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
i was waiting for the update to post but i think the reason why there hasn't been much happening here is becuase F.M.P. is test running pokemon Raptor.

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
I love digimon, and would love to play this, but I have a few questions:
For one, Does the character get to choose his digivice color/s?
Next, Are there going to be any digimon that are not in the DS games and are not fakemon? (I only played dusk, but it didn't have digimon like the original lucemon, or Victory Greymon, the Digimon Frontier main character digimon, and etc.)

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Well, FMP is really busy with Raptor, personal life and...can't say the last thing, idk if he wants me too.
I am busy planning our next game, so look forward for that...(hehe a little advertising couldn't hurt) along with exams, projects all that end of the year crap.

And I really haven't seen ryushin around, but I think school is his main issue.

Now for questions.
@Aeloius, Probably not, the digivice color depends on who you pick as your character, and most likely yes, there will be digimon that were not in the original games.

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Hmm i wonder why no-one has posted for a while, whens the next up date if you dont mind me asking?

I apologize for that lol, I've been pretty busy working on Raptor so that everyone can see that game in action(It's amazing so far), as well as the outside life. I've also been learning Sugimori, and animestyled shading and such on Photoshop for my other game ;) I'll try to make the update within the next two weeks so no ones dissapointed though, that way I'll get Raptor finished and have more time to put towards Alpha.

i was waiting for the update to post but i think the reason why there hasn't been much happening here is becuase F.M.P. is test running pokemon Raptor.

Yes, that's a reason why lol thanks for helping out ;)

I love digimon, and would love to play this, but I have a few questions:
For one, Does the character get to choose his digivice color/s?
Next, Are there going to be any digimon that are not in the DS games and are not fakemon? (I only played dusk, but it didn't have digimon like the original lucemon, or Victory Greymon, the Digimon Frontier main character digimon, and etc.)

Thank you very mcuh, and Picking the Digivice color huh? That definitely sounds like a cool Idea. Sure we'll do that, I'd like that alot :P as for official Digimon that weren't in the DS versions of the game, that's highly likely...I need to get the spriting down for the Style that the Ds version Digimon were in ;)

Well, FMP is really busy with Raptor, personal life and...can't say the last thing, idk if he wants me too.
I am busy planning our next game, so look forward for that...(hehe a little advertising couldn't hurt) along with exams, projects all that end of the year crap.

And I really haven't seen ryushin around, but I think school is his main issue.

Now for questions.
@Aeloius, Probably not, the digivice color depends on who you pick as your character, and most likely yes, there will be digimon that were not in the original games.

Thanks for Keeping them Informed El

P.S. You'll love the next two games we've been planning for everyone, I know for a fact there are many, MANY fans of these games...Keep a look out for special small spoilers in the Digimon WA updates to see if you can take a guess at what El and Ryu have been planning for you :P

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
thanks, to the both of you for answering the questions. Also, F.M.P. if you do let people choose the color of the digivice, you'll probably want to change the characters' clothings' colors to match them... =D

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Oh wow.

The Digimon fan that still exists within me thinks is the most awesome thing since the actual series. To me it looks more entertaining then any of the Digimon games that are actually out for the DS/GBA/etc. Not sure why.. it just does. Awesome work so far, and I'm definitely going to stalk watch this until it releases. \o/

phoenix456

Rising from the ashes
Years
Wow FMP nice update even though I am a bit late, the ultimate form looks awesome can't wait to see the mega form and I am impressed on how well you use the isometric tiles and the title screen animation pwns XD also that Gamblemon looks awesome i'm going to take a quick guess is his purpose in the digital world to be used for mini games like gambling minigames since his name is Gamblemon I would expect that; Anyways awesome update and I just can't wait to see more. :D

emissary

Taboo's follower
Years
Nice update FMP I have to say I am very impressed, I have a question though will you be incorporating element's from the 4th season of digimon(you know the one where the kids turned into digimon) and if you are how is that going to work out?

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I hope after raptor is out you can continue making progress.

Definitely ;) Alpha's other spriter Sakagami Tomoya, has already sent the new friend sprites that I'll have to show off in next update because they look so impressive, I'm working on that glow to the titlescreen that Neo mentioned, and that doesn't look to bad lol, but yes I'll defintiely be back on this project when Raptor is finished up and released :P

thanks, to the both of you for answering the questions. Also, F.M.P. if you do let people choose the color of the digivice, you'll probably want to change the characters' clothings' colors to match them... =D

Hmmm. You're just full of little cool Ideas aren't you?! lol. Alright that doesn't seem to hard. If I can fininish that up by the time I release the next update, I'll explain to everyone how you pick the color of your Digivice as well as changing your clothes.

Oh wow.

The Digimon fan that still exists within me thinks is the most awesome thing since the actual series. To me it looks more entertaining then any of the Digimon games that are actually out for the DS/GBA/etc. Not sure why.. it just does. Awesome work so far, and I'm definitely going to stalk watch this until it releases. \o/

Ah. Thank you very much, I'm very glad you like it.

Wow FMP nice update even though I am a bit late, the ultimate form looks awesome can't wait to see the mega form and I am impressed on how well you use the isometric tiles and the title screen animation pwns XD also that Gamblemon looks awesome i'm going to take a quick guess is his purpose in the digital world to be used for mini games like gambling minigames since his name is Gamblemon I would expect that; Anyways awesome update and I just can't wait to see more. :D

Thank you Phoenix, The awesomness of the Digi-Fake is the responsibilty of our concept artist ShadyPenpen :). Your guess on Gamblemon isn't bad at all :O That was pretty good in all honesty, buuuut Nope :P lol

Nice update FMP I have to say I am very impressed, I have a question though will you be incorporating element's from the 4th season of digimon(you know the one where the kids turned into digimon) and if you are how is that going to work out?

Thank you Emissary. In all honesty I couldn't understand why Kids were turning into Digimon, and that concept kinda scared me, so I don't think I'll be incorporating that Idea lol.

Note: I'm currently working on Maps for the Digital world as well as inside tiling for the buildings, the Titlescreen, and Animation effects for a great trip to the Digital world.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
Hey F.M.P. this game looks awesome!
Are you going to incorporate the digimon breeding system like in Dawn and Dusk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back