• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fashion!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Not sure if this goes in this section..

But are any of you into the fashion scene or love fashion? What type of fashion are you into? What are your favourite shops? What are your favourite styles? What do you find it hardest to shop for? Do you like looking at fashion rather than going out to try and make outfits for yourself? Or.. how do you typically dress?
Is there any way you'd like to dress if you could? (Example.. a suit every day/ change your entire look/ not care at all what you wear/ etc.)

Let's talk fashion!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I LOVE FASHION. I'm a huge thrifter though, I don't have the money to go buy high-end stuff nor do I have the finesse to sew my own things 8(

I go to a lot of thrift shops and find stuff in my budget that I like and that fit well, or stuff that I like but I want to experiment sewing or tinkering with, like oversize t-shirts with cool patterns or logos on them c:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Although my own personal fashion sense is lacking, to say the least, I've always had a slight interest in the fashion world. I'm interested in the big personalities of the fashion world too, like Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld, the late Gia Carangi, etc. Especially Anna Wintour, the notorious b**** of the fashion industry. Big personality, perfect bob, ever present sunglasses. A captivating woman, the unofficial queen of the fashion industry. I'm not a fan of a lot of the fashions presented by the big lines nowadays, I tend to focus on the models themselves - Karlie Kloss, Coco Rocha, Miranda Kerr (Miranda should just stay with modeling Victoria's Secret lingerie instead of trying to make it in the world of high fashion, she hasn't got the face for it), the personalities of the modelling world.

I suppose it makes sense that I work in a clothes store, despite the fact that I don't care about what I wear myself. I just get my clothes from there and if they look good, that's great. I'll stick to critiquing what others wear & what they put out, thanks.

Years
I don't really know enough about fashion to really talk about it, especially "high fashion" with famous designers and models and all of that stuff. I do watch Project Runway sometimes though, so there's that.

Really, I just know about one little niche area of fashion which is lolita fashion. I have a couple of jumper skirts and some other accessories I bought at one of the few high end lolita stores (Baby The Stars Shine bright) that exist outside of Japan, and I've got a bunch of Gothic & Lolita bibles that make me squee and sigh at all the pretty things in them, but that's kind of the end of my knowledge.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Fashion! Squeee!

I absolutely adore fashion, but since my parents are really simple, they think a mediocre shirt and tattered jeans are considered as fashion. When me and my sister finally stood up to them, they allowed us to buy our own clothes, as long as it's not too expensive. Best decision they've ever made, tbh. Now, we always look up to special occasions where we get to dress fancy, and we'll be the main attraction. lol

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I can't really say I'm much into the big fashion names - you know, the names you know are foreign and so high end they practically fall off the other side - but I do like to look good, if I can help it. No matter what, I stay away from wearing old/vintage things, because if I'm going to go out in public, I'd prefer to be current and not look like I stepped out of a grandfather's time capsule.

If I'm ever near one, I like to shop at Banana Republic, but it's only in scarce instances since they are so few and far between. I also enjoy GAP and Kohls, as well as Nike/Foot Locker for any shoes I might be shopping for. It might sound shallow, but I despise thrifting, because I used to live the life of a thrifter and now that I don't have to do it, I don't. I buy what I like, new and fresh, and I'm happy with that. xD

I think if I could dress in something like this

fe3nn6.png

every day for the rest of my life, I probably would.

Last edited:
Years
It might sound shallow, but I despise thrifting, because I used to live the life of a thrifter and now that I don't have to do it, I don't. I buy what I like, new and fresh, and I'm happy with that. xD
Never having had to resort to thrift stores I guess I can't relate, but I do like thrift stores inasmuch as you might find something there to compliment what you already have. Like I found a belt I like at a thrift store a while back. It's probably the only thing I've bought from one of those stores in over a year or two, but it fits in with what I've already got.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Never having had to resort to thrift stores I guess I can't relate, but I do like thrift stores inasmuch as you might find something there to compliment what you already have. Like I found a belt I like at a thrift store a while back. It's probably the only thing I've bought from one of those stores in over a year or two, but it fits in with what I've already got.
That would actually be a nice thing to do, if thrift stores ever had anything like that that would compliment men's wear. Unfortunately, they, as a collective unit, never do, from my experience. Pretty unfortunate because little things like that for so cheap would be A+. ):

Years
That would actually be a nice thing to do, if thrift stores ever had anything like that that would compliment men's wear. Unfortunately, they, as a collective unit, never do, from my experience. Pretty unfortunate because little things like that for so cheap would be A+. ):
I was gonna say a friend of mine has found nice stuff in thrift stores, but then I remembered that he likes to go to vintage thrift stores were stuff is still somewhat expensive.

Yeah, mens wear doesn't have so many options.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I was gonna say a friend of mine has found nice stuff in thrift stores, but then I remembered that he likes to go to vintage thrift stores were stuff is still somewhat expensive.

Yeah, mens wear doesn't have so many options.
Oooh, a vintage thrift store for men's accessories... now that would fetch and I'd make an exception in a heart beat. Of course, in my little town on the rear end of Texas, there's hardly anything but the customary types of stores/shops, so unless I go somewhere closer to Dallas, I'm not going to discover anything unique. I could really use something to refresh my wardrobe, too...

Years
Oooh, a vintage thrift store for men's accessories... now that would fetch and I'd make an exception in a heart beat. Of course, in my little town on the rear end of Texas, there's hardly anything but the customary types of stores/shops, so unless I go somewhere closer to Dallas, I'm not going to discover anything unique. I could really use something to refresh my wardrobe, too...
San Francisco (where I don't live but visit often) has a lot of vintage shops and specialty stores. Especially hats. There seem to be hats everywhere.

There are thrift stores in my own town, but they're probably a lot like yours and have nothing good in them. I wouldn't know though, since I never bother with them.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
San Francisco (where I don't live but visit often) has a lot of vintage shops and specialty stores. Especially hats. There seem to be hats everywhere.

There are thrift stores in my own town, but they're probably a lot like yours and have nothing good in them. I wouldn't know though, since I never bother with them.
assuming control of my side from minzy :P

Seeing as though I'm vacationing to California soon and will be near that area, I kind of want to try them out and see. Speaking of hats, when I was younger, I was absolutely obsessed with fedoras. Fedora this, fedora that. The day I finally tried on a fedora of my own, it looked god awful on my head for some reason and my dreams of being a famous fedora model were shattered. However, I feel that now fedoras might look better on me, so I've been aching to find some new ones. Of course none of the stores around me carry any, at least not nice ones, so perhaps I could pick some up in San...

On the regular topic, what does everyone think of Kimora?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
On the regular topic, what does everyone think of Kimora?

gross
very gross
gross on all the levels

As a person, I don't like her. Very annoying. As a fashion designer/leader/idk, I tolerate her as she has produced/been responsible for some good pieces of clothing in the past and has given some very valid opinions onFashion Police also. I just don't like her though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm getting more into looking nice. Not fashion shows or high-class designers or anything like that, but buying skirts and dresses and nice tops when I see them and they're reasonably prices. I think my fashion sense is unpopular though because it's really hard to find things I like. :(

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
gross
very gross
gross on all the levels

As a person, I don't like her. Very annoying. As a fashion designer/leader/idk, I tolerate her as she has produced/been responsible for some good pieces of clothing in the past and has given some very valid opinions onFashion Police also. I just don't like her though.
I'm not sure I like all of her stuff, but some of it is alright.

This is hot and should be worn by everyone everywhere all the time.
Spoiler:

This is not and should be worn by nobody anywhere ever. Like what was she thinking even? Though, I'm not entirely positive this is one of her works. It could be Kouture.
Spoiler:

I'm getting more into looking nice. Not fashion shows or high-class designers or anything like that, but buying skirts and dresses and nice tops when I see them and they're reasonably prices. I think my fashion sense is unpopular though because it's really hard to find things I like. :(
And big ol' floppy hates that compliment everything so well. :] Hey, hey, maybe your fashion sense is just so in demand that everybody is always sold out because everyone else flocks to your nearby stores and snatches up everything you like before you do because you like to arrive ~fashionably~ late. So, are you into floral print or more modern, abstract designs?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I guess most of my cute stuff is floral, but I barely wear them in the winter. >_o I think my problem is that I like young things. Like ruffles, pleats, flare, that kind of thing. And it seems like the popular thing right now are tube dresses and tight-fitting stuff and noooo. :(

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I guess most of my cute stuff is floral, but I barely wear them in the winter. >_o I think my problem is that I like young things. Like ruffles, pleats, flare, that kind of thing. And it seems like the popular thing right now are tube dresses and tight-fitting stuff and noooo. :(
How come? Most of those 'young things' are also short, spring-summer types of clothes? I think I know the feeling. A lot of what I love to wear in the winter I can't wear any other season because it's mostly pants and whatnot. I feel like most pants are more stylish than shorter wear so I don it much more often. Weather doesn't always agree with me, though. D:

But seriously, the best men's apparel is always something with pants. When do you ever see something absolutely eye popping with shorts/short-sleeved shirts? Besides, once you've got the latter, there's hardly any freedom to work with and that's a huge hindrance imo. The same things over and over gets monotonous and is no longer appealing. :x

Years
I have a terrible sense of fashion, and I can't post URLs yet, but my favourite shirt I own is my BOSROOM cat shirt.

It's this one:
meetbo[dot]mireene[dot]kr/market/women/diot/tt/12/ebay/2.jpg

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I hope you're kidding. Only models could pull off something like that. :(

Personally, I like something that doesn't have bare shoulders. For myself and in general.
Absolutely, haha. It just looks nice in contrast with that other abomination. g___g

So Harlequin referenced a New Zealand male clothing franchise known as Hallenstein's in a VM and looking at their website I'm genuinely wondering if they ship overseas... Such nice stuff. ;__;

Back